Official Cricket Thread Part 104 off 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK Pakistan, time to make up for that insipid batting by bowling a fucking blinder.

Oh my god Finch, that was one of the worst reviews in history. :lol:

All of Pakistan thanks you for flagrantly wasting Australia's review though.

It was Watson-esque levels of review stupidity. I promise you if Smith or Clarke had been at the opposite end that review never would've happened.

Of course now they're both out there. Pakistan aren't dead yet, as unpromising as this still looks.

Please please bounce Watson out.

But yeah it's scary how deep this team can bat. A couple more wickets though and they might start getting uncomfortable visions of Eden Park...

Rahat what was that! Bugger it.

I hope one of you lads has a cool stat for the next thread title.

Pakistan's fielding is abysmal. I honestly cannot fathom how international players for one of the marquee cricketing nations in the world are so fucking bad. It's just so painfully frustrating to see excellent bowling let down by terrible fielding like that.

Game over. Rahat has dropped the cup
Can't stand Australia!!!
They will scrape their way into the final and probably win it

Wahab is brilliant. So unlucky.
If only Pakistan had another 50 to play with.

Hope India beat Aus, but doubt it

Wahab comes back for his second spell and bowls a fiery bouncer at Maxwell which lobs up in the air....only to be dropped again. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Amateurs field better than this Pakistan team. :angry:

Bloody hell that was perfunctory in the end. Rahat's drop let off all the pressure. Disappointing. I would have loved an upset.

Now time to get nervous about my Black Caps...

I'm still sad about last night. Mostly about Wahab Riaz. That was as good a spell of bowling as I've seen in a very, very long time. Aussies only chasing a small total, ahead of the required run rate, and Wahab single-handedly kept Pakistan in the game. His bowling to Watson was astonishing. He was all over him. Not a ball was wasted, even the wide ones. He was doing the clapping and the jeering, classic fast bowler stuff. And you just knew Watson would end up skying one. And he did. And it was an absolute sitter to Rahat Ali. He takes it, the Aussies are four down and all of a sudden Pakistan is on top. They might win. They might make it to the world cup final. They might win it all. But he drops it, and with it the game goes. It's just so unfair.

If Wahab Riaz had strangled Rahat Ali after the game, I'm not sure anybody would have questioned it.

Now I'm sitting here in my Black Caps shirt with butterflies in my stomach about today's game.

NZ actually batting first time in a while, 5 matches in a row they had bowled first.

Pretty predictable McCullum was going to go early, was not hitting it very cleanly half of the shots he played, and he's just not going to change his game.

But look at how well Guptill is hitting it.

I'm still sad about last night. Mostly about Wahab Riaz. That was as good a spell of bowling as I've seen in a very, very long time. Aussies only chasing a small total, ahead of the required run rate, and Wahab single-handedly kept Pakistan in the game. His bowling to Watson was astonishing. He was all over him. Not a ball was wasted, even the wide ones. He was doing the clapping and the jeering, classic fast bowler stuff. And you just knew Watson would end up skying one. And he did. And it was an absolute sitter to Rahat Ali. He takes it, the Aussies are four down and all of a sudden Pakistan is on top. They might win. They might make it to the world cup final. They might win it all. But he drops it, and with it the game goes. It's just so unfair.

Just imagine if you were a Pakistan supporter. That first dropped catch was heartbreaking.

Saw this article today about how Australia pissed Wahab off by sledging and getting in his face when he was batting. And you could clearly see how fired up he was when he came in to bowl in the second innings. Really was great stuff, that spell last night.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/853317.html

I could watch Kane hit fours all day. And good to see Guppy striking well early. Some of the running between the wickets has made me nervous though!

Can't believe teams keep reviewing LBWs when they're invariably umpire's call. But thanks for wasting your review, Windies!

Back
Top Bottom