Official Cricket Thread Part 104 off 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I reckon the improvement in Bangladesh has been pretty obvious, aside from their disappointing performance against Sri Lanka. And that's good for the game.

I still don't think Bangladesh will upset India, but all signs point to a good contest.

I'm barracking for Windies/UAE to be washed out today, just to ensure Ireland's safe passage to the QFs. Would've been hilarious if Australia and Scotland had split the points yesterday!

This is an absolute disaster for the UAE.

It does mean Ireland/Pakistan will be crazily intense though.

This is becoming surreal. Javed and Aziz keep fighting and fighting - century partnership, fifties each. The intensity from the Windies has all but evaporated.

And Holder and Sammy having a tiff. Sammy has bowled one over.
Even if Windies win might not be enough on run rate.

Is there a chance Pakistan can overtake South Africa if they destroy Ireland?

Aus v South Africa quarter would be great.

Rain slowly easing into Napier. In any case the Windies might want to start smashing it from the get go to try and beat the rain, that century partnership makes a massive difference in this context.

And Holder and Sammy having a tiff. Sammy has bowled one over.

That was hilarious, and epitomised everything wrong with this West Indian campaign. They have their moments of glory but then completely fall apart.

I wonder if the Windies can beat the rain, given Gayle isn't playing today. Honestly though they might've already fucked it up for themselves by failing to go for the jugular after getting the UAE six down. That century stand could prove to be the crucial factor in determining who makes the quarters.

Safe to say NRR and the cyclone are on their minds. Good attacking move. Apparently the Windies need to win in less than 36.2 overs to ensure they progress on NRR no matter the outcome of the later game. The way they're going I imagine they should get there fairly easily.

Ireland batting first. Here's a massive chance for them. I think they can do it.

The Windies have wrapped up proceedings against the UAE and - barring a Pakistan/Ireland tie - are through.

So much for the rain. :happy: Based on the radar it was as if the rain was deliberately avoiding Napier.

I suppose it's to be expected that the weather would barrack for a team called the Windies.

Also I swear to god I am never ever going to get a comment published on Cricinfo no matter how pertinent it is.

Mildly worried that Ireland won't set a sufficiently high target here, especially now that Porterfield has fallen after a great knock.

Oh Ireland, this is going well beyond mildly worrisome. Don't chuck your wickets and your tournament away!

Ireland have dropped the ball massively today. Dishing up some utter shit with the bat.

Why the fuck would you clog up the strike for dots in the 46th over? Why?

Is this the worst Ireland have played all tournament? It sure feels like it.

Oh ouch, Mooney just played a ramp shot straight into his throat!

No way will 237 be enough.

Sad thing is the Windies will get through despite being pants for most of the group stage. They hardly deserve the spot.

Pakistan can be very mercurial though. They're the sort of team that will either knock off 237 with ten overs to spare, or get bowled out for 150. If I were the Irish team manager, I'd be filling in the booking forms for the flight home, but I wouldn't be hitting confirm just yet.

Back
Top Bottom