NFL 2010 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bears beat green bay in chicago and had the ball in there hands with a chance to win in green bay.

If this game was in green bay? Yes, advantage packers. It's not. Advantage chicago.

Is rodgers rolling? Yes. Has he faced a defense like the bears yet this post season? No.

Pick em game. Whoever plays the cleanest will probably win in a very low scoring, defensive battle.

The game will probably be decided on turnovers and special teams. Cutler throws some wacky balls, yes. Bears also have the superior running game, and they have devon hester.

Pick em game. Whoever plays the cleanest will probably win in a very low scoring, defensive battle.

Sounds about right. Green Bay's offense has been known to flatline here or there, but at least we have something resembling a running game to keep a pulse even if the passing game doesn't start well. Even if Starks isn't the next Barry Sanders, he's absolutely a huge improvement over Brandon Jackson. He makes it a little easier to sell play action.

Green Bay was a trainwreck last time they came to Soldier. I think they've tightened it up since then. And thank God there's no Favre to go all apeshit and throw the ball up for grabs every other play.

Thinking over it some, the play that pissed me off the most was the 3rd-and-13 in the Patriots' penultimate drive (the play before Branch couldn't pull in the fourth down catch). Brady had multiple guys open for 8 yards, which would have let them have a chance to break a tackle and pick up the first down, or at least set up a makeable FG or shorter fourth down play.

That entire drive was infuriating. The pats were approaching things as if they led by 10 rather than trailed by 10. Looked like they were trying to milk the clock.

Credit to the Jets and I will say that Rex was a good sport in his postgame presser, could have taken some shots but didn't, just heaped praise on both teams. I can see why gus want to play for him and why fans enjoy him so long as the team is playing well.

Not the most attractive final 4 stylistically...but could be 2 very competitive games Sunday.

I started considering going to Soldier next weekend, but you can't get a seat (even a really, really bad one) for under $500. I'm not sure if it's worth it in any regard: If Green Bay loses, I'll be out $500+ and feel like crap. If Green Bay wins, I'm not gonna get out of there alive.

Really? Most fans don't feel all that great when their team eats it and they have to deal with hoardes of gloating fans from the opposing team.

The fear of losing would never stop me from going to a game, regardless of location.

I would certainly agree - if the tickets were more tamely priced (which is ridiculous to hope for given how huge this game is). If a decent ticket falls on my lap for $200 - 300, I'm there. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Forte is more talented than any of the Pack's feature backs, but obviously it takes more than an individual to get a successful running game going.

The Bear' O-Line, even with their much publicized recent improvement, is still easily the area of the team that inspires the least confidence in me.

I hope we draft a handful of O-Linemen in April. But, fuck the draft for right now. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

right? :lol:

someone actually dared to call into a local radio show in Green Bay and talk draft.

good luck this week. should be a great game. way to represent, NFC North!

If anyone is interested and able to make it to Soldier, Ticketmaster.com will be selling tickets to the NFC Championship at 2 PM today. I'm gonna give it a go but am not expecting much luck . . .

Dolphins hire Daboll as new offensive coordinator, who lead the Browns to the 31st best offense in the league last season (1 behind the Dolphins) :(

at least it's not Brad Childress, who was a candidate for the job, right?

LOL. My brother in law and I tried, and no luck. The website was jammed - no surprise there. I doubt they had many tickets left to begin with.

If I go, I guess I'll have to shell out $450 - $500 for a bad seat - and another $75-100 for parking. In other words, I'm probably not going.

If the Pack gets into the SB, I bet they'll mention everybody's buddy, Favre, about a million times. Then, if they faced off against the Jets, we'd probably have double the fun. :wink: This year's Final Four features all good teams, so I'm looking forward to seeing it all play out this weekend.

ochocinco is far less of a scumbag than randy moss and that worked just fine, for a few years anyways.

In fact, ochocinco isn't a scumbag at all. He's never accused of dogging it, he's never in trouble off the field, and he's very charitable...

He just talks a lot and makes jokes. He's sorta like shaq in that way. I'd take him on the giants in a heartbeat.

ochocinco is far less of a scumbag than randy moss and that worked just fine, for a few years anyways.

In fact, ochocinco isn't a scumbag at all. He's never accused of dogging it, he's never in trouble off the field, and he's very charitable...

He just talks a lot and makes jokes. He's sorta like shaq in that way. I'd take him on the giants in a heartbeat.

I completely agree.

Ochocinco isn't a 'cancer' as some put as a personal presence.

That guy just loves to have fun IMO, and gets a bit carried away with it sometimes. Well, all the time.

Well yeah, I wouldn't want him in NE anyways as a Dolphins fan. I'll take him here though, it's almost like we need some character. This franchise is going in the wrong direction fast.

Well yeah, I wouldn't want him in NE anyways as a Dolphins fan. I'll take him here though, it's almost like we need some character. This franchise is going in the wrong direction fast.

When was the last time that franchise was going in the right direction? The mid '80s?

I completely agree.

Ochocinco isn't a 'cancer' as some put as a personal presence.

I don't think he's as negative a presence (or distraction) as TO or Moss, but I can't imagine his price tag will be all that attractive for a player whose best days are likely behind him.

Didn't help that Carson Palmer was extremely incosistent over the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom