New vid on U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. A 56 year old dressing like a Hot Topic teenager?

I think Bono looks humble.

:giggle:

Yeah, I agree...Danny looks pretty terrible actually...I was gonna say something about that...what could he be thinking?!?! He's trying waaaay too hard and it doesn't work at all...:tsk:

Coulda been filmed in the same day. However, there was an interview with Danny a few months ago and he was wearing the same thing. Also, when I saw him in Toronto at his film premiere a year ago, he was wearing the same thing as well. Perhaps he's got a closet full of these:hmm:

Look at the sly grin on Bono's face when he mentions motorcycles. Like they don't know we are going crazy speculating on the motorcycle photo shoot. Dana

These clips have probably been shot over a month go, when U2 were still recording and mixing in Dublin. Way before we new about the videoshoot.

More likely they are listening to bits of music and discussing what video should go with it.

Btw, Danny Lanois played Amsterdam Paradiso yesterday with brian Blade and I missed it because I didn't find out until they were finished :(

Whoever was playing that (Eno?) screwed up at 52 seconds.
That's why Dan and Bono smiled at the same time.

I don't think it's an indication they are fucking with us.
But they could be fucking with us, nonetheless.

spot on i reckon. guy playing just lost it a little and that's why they smile...but too much trouble going into the recording for it too be fake.

These clips have probably been shot over a month go, when U2 were still recording and mixing in Dublin. Way before we new about the videoshoot.

More likely they are listening to bits of music and discussing what video should go with it.

Btw, Danny Lanois played Amsterdam Paradiso yesterday with brian Blade and I missed it because I didn't find out until they were finished :(

The clip may have been shot a month ago and we may not have known about the motorcycles until recently but they probably knew what was going to be shot and they could have deliberately kept that clip until after the reports of the shoot were out.

Dana

:hmm:This new video reminds me of one of the HQ clips that we got a few months ago, 'surface of your love' or whatever it was called. In fact, upon listening to that clip again, I can sort of hear this new U2.com clip in the background... at least the same rhythm guitar tone, anyway... maybe its just me

:hmm:This new video reminds me of one of the HQ clips that we got a few months ago, 'surface of your love' or whatever it was called. In fact, upon listening to that clip again, I can sort of hear this new U2.com clip in the background... at least the same rhythm guitar tone, anyway... maybe its just me

correct and I believe it's called "For Your Love" which has been a rumored title.

Wow! I'm psyched. If thats actually part of song we should be expecting something crazy here. That reminded me of Led Zep.

um

any song that starts with UNGH! = instant win

i. am. stoked.

dig that riff, and I really like where it was going as it cut off

Ungh!!! Yeah yeah yeah!

That was hot. The riff at first reminded me of Bodysnatchers off of In Rainbows. I might be wrong. Then Bono starts wailing about with "yeahs" and "unhs"...

I'm down with it.

One point I'd like to make: Edge's guitar tone there is bloody awful. It sounds like he just plugged his guitar into an amp and started playing with no effects or distortion. Hope it doesn't sound that way on the recorded version.

One point I'd like to make: Edge's guitar tone there is bloody awful. It sounds like he just plugged his guitar into an amp and started playing with no effects or distortion. Hope it doesn't sound that way on the recorded version.

Yeah, this is obviously just purely speculation but that clip sounds to me like the band just messin around in the studio. I doubt that it will show up on the album sounding like that...with that specific tone and that specific Bongolese. It rocks, though.

I think they are just rehearsing the structure of the song, no layers at all. Bono shouts: 'verse' at the end.. I'd say if a song can sound as awesome as this clip, even when 'naked' as it is here, that's promising for the finished result... :up:

Wow! This is better then I thought it could be, the sound is very intressting. This might be the most intressting album since Zooropa. And Bono's voice is amazing in time 0:13-15 its sound like the sound he got sometimes in 86-87 in his voice.

I think they are just rehearsing the structure of the song, no layers at all. I'd say if a song can sound as awesome as this clip, even when 'naked' like it is here, that is promising for the finished result... :up:

You and GAF are likely correct about where it was at in the recording process when this video was taken, but I wouldn't have suspected anything if the guitar tone wasn't exactly the same as it was when the riff was used in that other video.

Well it appears Bono is back to his usual grunting again :)

Bono grunts "first verse" at the very end, so I really think they were just fooling around in this clip....

Listen carefully at around 23 seconds....you hear those backup singers? It sounds like a woman, or maybe 2 women, or maybe it's just the Edge :giggle:

Edit: Waaaaaaiiiiiiiit a second....I think that was Bono in falsetto or something.....my ears are retarded this morning :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom