New vid on U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely the best clip yet possibly beating adam's grean tea clip. but in all seriousness thats really exciting :applaud: im really hoping theres a song on the album that somehow resembles this clip with the vocals..

yeah this clip is pretty awesome...It sounds like a song with attitude...and it totally reminded me of AB...and Bono's voice is sounding soooo great :drool:

I actually don't mind the Bono grunts and yeahs...it gives it that extra attitude and adds rhythmically to it somehow....although maybe tame it down just a tad on the album version....

:drool: That was awesome! I personally would be all for the yeahs and ughs on a song. Whats the last thing he says though? It sounds like "verse" or "first"? Or like "merc-"?

i like the looseness of it, Bono sounds fucking amazing on the high bit, just effortlessly cool... Okay I'm officially properly excited now!!!!! I would love them to release something just cool and vibey... :hyper:

:drool: That was awesome! I personally would be all for the yeahs and ughs on a song. Whats the last thing he says though? It sounds like "verse" or "first"? Or like "merc-"?

Yeah, sounds like 'verse' to me. Bono 'directs' the band like this in rehearsals. You can hear him saying "verse", "bridge", etc on the Salome Tapes/Achtung Baby outtakes.

So I take this to mean that the song we hear is not the finished article - they are just rehearsing.

This is very exciting and promising but I am not getting too excited yet because depending on how the lyrics turn out we could always end up with another LAPOE. Remember how excited you were about that Beach Clip? I do.

It's just like the Achtung outtakes with Bono just making 'noise' to go along with the tune... no real lyrics yet of course, but the sound the edge is making is pretty cool.. sure is different to anything they've done before... bit of production maybe plus proper lyrics and that would sound sweet as.

Great stuff again - and once again they gave us lots of clues in the video itself as to the recording process, etc, with all the equipment, tages, etc. In fact, come to think of it, it's almost as if they're cataloguing the recording process before HQ gets pulled down (if it ever does at this rate given the trouble with 'U2 Towers') so we can see how exactly everything was.

But above all, what a great great sound that is. That's the bass sound that Daniel Lanois was talking about - how deep and funky it sounds - and those drums are superb. Just keep that intro and make that 'verse' and chorus as good as this thirty seconds and we'll all be happy enough me thinks.

Yeah didn't somebody say these videos were recorded earlier this summer and they are slowly releasing them week by week? Because for them to not even have 'lyrics' for songs yet would mean they are not far at all with the album for a november release date... but i don't know....

Yeah didn't somebody say these videos were recorded earlier this summer and they are slowly releasing them week by week? Because for them to not even have 'lyrics' for songs yet would mean they are not far at all with the album for a november release date... but i don't know....

If you look at some of the clips like the adamfans clip you can tell it's cold outside. These are definately older clips. The album is done and now they are mixing, fixing, and tweaking the songs now. They probably also have an album song list with only a couple of songs to fight over. Photographs for the album are being done and the video for the single is complete or near completion. We will get the song at the end of this month or early September.

The key is to just be patient.

This new clip reminds me of a mp3 I have of U2 doing Led Zeps "Whole Lotta Love" snippet at the end of Discotheque during PopMart.

Same kind of dirty guitar sound, and the bass/drums sound about the same. Sounds very promising, really interested where it goes.

Some people have mentioned Love and Peace, and while that song is pretty good, I never thought it went anywhere, or where it could have gone. Had such great vibe to it, but just never really took off (live solo was better).

I'm not listening to the beach clips though, too hard for me to hear anything, and it always ends up different, and sometimes, slightly disappointing.

I'm absolutely certain that all of these were recorded ages ago in order to give us an idea of the recording process and then chopped up and put back together again - i.e. overdubbed with bits from the recording process to suit the pictures. It's controlled as everything with U2 always is, but it does tell one hell of a good story and they've given us more snippets than we could ever imagine.

As regards an announcement re the November release date, I'll bet that they'll wait until the Red Rocks DVD is released and out of the way first so that the announcement of the new album doesn't clash with the promotion of that release.

Some people have mentioned Love and Peace, and while that song is pretty good, I never thought it went anywhere, or where it could have gone. Had such great vibe to it, but just never really took off (live solo was better).

And the lyrics were pretty awful too. (Though I really liked the sound on the record).

I'm not listening to the beach clips though, too hard for me to hear anything, and it always ends up different, and sometimes, slightly disappointing.

I think there's a thread about this already but I'm with you on this one - the only time it's been different was with 'Window in the Skies' which was my favourite by a long shot (and the only one I actually liked) of the beach clips and was turned into one of my favourite U2 songs - whatever anyone else thinks about it. So I'm tempted (since I'll be on holidays last week of August/first week of September and don't listen to music radio that much anyway) to also not bother listening to the single and just wait until November and listen to it at the midnight release.

In this latest 'Larry's Stuff' clip, I hear elements of 'Until the End of the World', 'The Fly' and some of War in there. Great move guys :up: Is it just me or did we hear something like this at the end of the U2 segment in the Lanois film, right before Lanois goes to his slide guitar in a song of his own?

oh thanks for letting me know,;) im new to this forum and havent got the hang of it yet.:doh:
I have started this thread in, Where the Album Has No Name. is there anyway I can erase this one?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom