New Video on U2.com Pt.2 (new 01/11/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry smee it was in the Q article...I will copy it word for word

There were about six or seven ideas with Rick. One or two made it over and the rest we will get back to when this record comes out.

One of them seems to be "Stand Up (Comedy)" which Edge talks about coming up with the chords to the chorus when he visited Rubin on a trip to California w/ Bono. Not sure what the other one is, but its definitely not Mercy because that song was from HTDAAB sessions.

Crazy Tonight will likely be the second single, if the descriptions are any indication.

How so? :hmm: I would think that Unknown Caller, Magnificent, or Breathe would be contenders because of how much attention they are getting in the Q and RS articles.

Let's hope we get the 7', the 9' and the 30' versions as iTunes bonus :D:D

The last one being the "DJ bathroom break song" :wink:

One of them seems to be "Stand Up (Comedy)" which Edge talks about coming up with the chords to the chorus when he visited Rubin on a trip to California w/ Bono. Not sure what the other one is, but its definitely not Mercy because that song was from HTDAAB sessions.

I don't think Edge ever specifically said that he worked on that with Rubin, just that he went to see Rubin to play him what they had for the album at that point. He was talking about the whole trip where he and Bono played with B.B. King and then Bono went to the Women's Conference and Edge went to see Rubin. I thought what he said was that he wrote the chords for Stand Up on the way back from that trip so it was worth it. Wasn't that in the Mojo piece?

Dana

I cannot wait to hear Moment of Surrender! The length of that track is really exciting me. I have no idea what will happen to any of these songs when they are released to radio, it almost scars me to think that they will be cut down in length.

I cannot wait to hear Moment of Surrender! The length of that track is really exciting me. I have no idea what will happen to any of these songs when they are released to radio, it almost scars me to think that they will be cut down in length.

^ maybe thats why the 'only 2 singles rumour' is out

Ooh, intrigue. I'm liking this. :drool:

On the board there were two or so tracks that didn't have times written down.

:angry: You sir, disgust me. :angry: :down:

:wink:

Yeah, it happens.

All of you Mercy haters join me and we'll make a better world with Vertigo! :drool:

EDIT: Oh, I posted at 6:06... Unknown Caller, need to reboot myself :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yeah, it happens.

All of you Mercy haters join me and we'll make a better world with Vertigo! :drool:

EDIT: Oh, I posted at 6:06... Unknown Caller, need to reboot myself :drool: :drool: :drool:

I like Mercy, but i'm not a die hard fan, I think it has enough fans to start its own forum. :wink:

I can listen to the album version of Lemon and not get bored, or Mercy, or All I Want Is You.

I like Mercy, but i'm not a die hard fan, I think it has enough fans to start its own forum. :wink:

Maybe...

Meanwhile in the Hall of Justice, Coldplay approached a man. A man that got it from his mama apparently.
And mercy haters started the Vertigo association. No apparently relations to the movie with the same name.

Guys, do you really think U2 don't know that we all have Mercy already? Many fans have talked to them about it, and it's assumed near-legendary status all over the internet over the last years. What would possibly possess them to include it on the album? Sure, maybe one day they'll officially release it as part of a boxed set, etc, but no way they'll put it on any album. If it's reworked, I doubt we'll even really recognize it.

I can listen to the album version of Lemon and not get bored, or Mercy, or All I Want Is You.

Me too... what matters is not how long a song is but its quality. Sometimes songs are bad for being too long, but sometimes is the other way around.

How long.... how long... how long.

Vertigo presents...

100Bullets.jpg

100 bullets... no mercy for 100 Mercy fans
- The Vertigo association

:yes:

See! U2 make very good and never boring long tracks (over 5:30).

MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo MOFO mofo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom