New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun guys, and get laid in the mean time.

3.jpg

Ha! Truer words were never spoken. Arguing over the merits of an album that nobody has heard yet! I guarantee the guy who thinks it will sound just like the last couple of albums will have his belief confirmed, unless the album has Larry on the bagpipes, Edge mixing up dance loops that haven't been invented yet, Bono dissing rappers in his lyrics and Adam, well, who cares about him anyway.

@LarryMullen-Fan

to have this straigt: these are Live-Versions? it's not from the record? Bono sings live?

They are from a cd. There are about 4 guitar tracks in song 2.

Also, I don't think the whole band are there? No-one has seen whether Adam and larry are there. We know the other two are there. Also, you can hear Eno and lanois' vocals on some songs, and they are both doing other things atm.

They are from a cd. There are about 4 guitar tracks in song 2.

Also, I don't think the whole band are there? No-one has seen whether Adam and larry are there. We know the other two are there. Also, you can hear Eno and lanois' vocals on some songs, and they are both doing other things atm.

I think the first little bluesy guitar part after the second chorus on #2 (WOITS) is actually Lanois playing, really sounds like him.

Danny boy always comes up with rather thicker, bluesy lines to contradict Edge's icyness as he does on One and In A Little While

Ha! Truer words were never spoken. Arguing over the merits of an album that nobody has heard yet! I guarantee the guy who thinks it will sound just like the last couple of albums will have his belief confirmed, unless the album has Larry on the bagpipes, Edge mixing up dance loops that haven't been invented yet, Bono dissing rappers in his lyrics and Adam, well, who cares about him anyway.

Exactly......it's almost pathetic, but some people have already made up their minds, and it will be virtually impossible for U2 to convince them otherwise...

it sort of runs along the same lines as the "everyone will love it the first week, then criticize it later" attitude...it doesn't have to be like that!! Even though that's the general trend in recent years, it doesn't have to be like that each time...if you like it, great, but don't try to find fault with the album just so you can stay in line with the usual trend after a new release....it might sound silly but I seriously think this is the attitude of some :tsk:

anybody notice that beautiful falsetto Bono sings at 3:36 in song 2? It sounds really familiar...like from the Sweetest Thing or something :hmm:

@LarryMullen-Fan

to have this straigt: these are Live-Versions? it's not from the record? Bono sings live?
I understand your question. I had the same feeling with the previous beach clips. Thought they were played live or so.
But no, it's from a cd and no, Bono's not singing live. It sounds live because it's played fairly loud on a hifi system in open air.

I understand your question. I had the same feeling with the previous beach clips. Thought they were played live or so.
But no, it's from a cd and no, Bono's not singing live. It sounds live because it's played fairly loud on a hifi system in open air.

so LMF....song 3 is indeed "Sexy Boots" ?

o.k. - thans for the answer. But I'm dissapointed. The early version of "Breath - walk out into the streets" sounded much better to my ears.

It sounds pretty much the same as the other clip :|,

only the other one was a bit clearer.

i think the other verison is a demo. lyrics are very basic, and the bass is nowhere near as powerful. this one sounds very well produced, very cohesive, and very finished comparatively

It sounds pretty much the same as the other clip :|,

only the other one was a bit clearer.

absolutly not! Bono singing is very different - you can't hear that?????
Also the intrumentation - for examaple the total cut (sound of) - ist different. The first version is much rawer, more powerful-

So did NLOTH change a lot over time, or was the original 3:43 leak NLOTH and track 1 being played over top of each other? Because in that clip, you definitely hear the exact same chorus and guitar solo and (I can't verify this) Bono belting out NLOTH which he does NOT do in Track 1. What's going on here?

LarryMullenFan, could you please describe the sound of the guitar - i hear more bass than anything else in the clips. Other than the solo's, its hard for me to hear the edge's playing - is the guitar sound more in the mold of the early-80s/2000's, the 90's, or something new?

Sorry kind of tough Q but I'm curious.

I love at 2.51 on track 4 where it almost stops like Mysterious ways live.

After another listen to these (or a few) and a couple days removed from the giddiness, i can still safely say that I enjoy them all. I wasn't immediately keen on #1, but now I think it will be the best song of the bunch. I think it truly can be something special.

The other ones are all very, very good too. I think I am more excited for this album than I was for Atomic Bomb. But then again, I was only 17 at the time Bomb came out and it was my first real experience anticipating an album.

These clips have me really thinking we might get something awesome.

From what I can hear these songs sound pretty massive. The next record will defenitely not be small and intimate. But I really like what I hear. It is very hard to give a good judgement because the sound is pretty faint and no details can be heared but I like the structure of the songs. After listening to the clips I feel very optimistic about the record. These are just faint clips. The miracle drug clip I once heared was for me very different from the clean version because of all the details you miss when listening to faint beach clips. But the clips sound already fantastic so I can't wait to hear the album versions. I didn't really feel much for HTDAAB because for me except fast cars the songs weren't very exciting but these beach clips are just to cool:applaud:.

My laptop speakers are pretty poor, or at least the volume is, so it's very, very hard for me to hear anything.

Stuff I can hear (like the chorus on #3) sound pretty good. Song #2 reminds me of Bowie.

#1 and #4 are the two I've listened to the least, only cause I get frustrated not being able to really hear anything overall. I may go home tonight and give it a try and see if there's stuff I can pick up on.

Overall though, encouraging, but in no way will I judge this music. I just hope we only have a few more weeks before the single hits Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom