New Album Title, etc RUMOR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
New U2 Album Title is "SOLAR" - according to Universal.

Interference received today information about the new U2 album from Universal in South America. The information we have been given is below:

New U2 Album/Single Title: SOLAR
Release Date: March 08, 2004 (March 9th for USA) with a limited CD Rest of 80-00 as well

Promotional Artwork (presumably from Four5One): Image of the
sun with red sun rays.

Wow this is cool news.....Solar......

I'll be up with the sun.....I'm not coming down

That's the name of my favorite Bill Evans Trio piece.

edit: Hey Jack, have you heard the leaked Phantom Power? It's quite impressive, I think, although the cover art is pretty awful:

B00009V7TQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm u2log.com has that as well. they said they received a suspicious e-mail (written in bad english).

I like the ?title? Solar = heat / brightness and continuing theme of Beautiful Day and joy. At the other end, a dark, rocking, Exit-like track called ?Eclipse.? I think one of the leftover ATYCLB tracks was titled as ?The Sun The Moon And The Stars.? I?d like to see it as AB (including The Edge?s guitar solos from the ZOOTV Tour ? Mysterious Ways, Bullet, Love Is Blindness, etc.) meets Boy (Out Of Control, Tick Tock, Electric Co., etc.). ?If? ATYCLB was ?damage control? and bringing back the ?older 80s fans? then let Solar be a full throttle assault on the ?youngsters? (and everyone else too!) ATYCLB had 3 rockers (BD, Elevation, and New York) then let Solar have at least 6 rockers! Let Solar be firing on all cylinders and with guns blazing! To be on top of the world; to kick down the doors as they are inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame!

Flaming Friar Sr said:
hmmm u2log.com has that as well. they said they received a suspicious e-mail (written in bad english).

Yeah.. the same source sent both us and them the same email. Hopefully U2 will announce true details soon! :hyper:

mug222 said:
That's the name of my favorite Bill Evans Trio piece.

edit: Hey Jack, have you heard the leaked Phantom Power? It's quite impressive, I think, although the cover art is pretty awful:

B00009V7TQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

OT, anyway

you talk about the songs that have put on line? of course that is impressive, are the SFA! :wink: I cannot wait until 14th July :hyper:

This does give hope though that the album could be released sooner than that damn poster.

Back
Top Bottom