LP 13/Invisible: Please return, there's stuff to see!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the USAToday article with Bono that came out today.

Yeah, I'm usually always trying to remain on the positive side, but I can easily sympathise with you here.

Hypothetically though: What would you think if they pulled an album out in the next few months as originally hoped (as unlikely as it is), and Bono's waffling was really just the usual bullshit? Would the euphoria come back or would it just be more of a 'oh fuck you for doing this to us' thing?

I don't think I can stay mad forever when there's so much great music from all around to come.

yeah, I went through I the poop and shit talk just to realize that, for the first time, I'm dissapointed in them :|

No April, No June... today as dissapointed as I am, I'd say not even in Outober.

It would be easier if they say "We're ending our career". At leaste everyone would have some peace in their minds and rejoice about the faboulous career they had.

5 or 6 years between albums? Geeeez....

If Achtung Baby was all about chopping down the Joshua Tree, this album is all about chopping down the little confidence they had left.

Heyo!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

So they want to release the album just few days before playing at the opening show of the World Cup :hmm: - 6th/9th/10th of June

I would be OK with that, but I'm afraid we won't hear the album before the end of October. I was so excited for Invisible - not anymore. I still believe Invisible will be fantastic:rockon:

Yeah, with lyrics like "I didn't even want the heart you broke" it's definitely gonna be :rockon:

If Achtung Baby was all about chopping down the Joshua Tree, this album is all about chopping down the little confidence they had left.

Heyo!

Chopping down all the will to live Dangermouse had before undertaking the project.

Is this then when the flood of denials come in.....No!, it can't be true, the album comes out soon, and this is why etc.

Please. Tack on 6 months to any comment Bono makes as to time frame.

We'll be lucky if it comes out November 2014.

Why the surprise ? They've been vocal about still working on it, and June has been the timeframe given.

I guess now it's clear why Invisible wasn't labeled the lead single for this album...

Because posters here just randomly made shit up the past couple weeks to get themselves excited. :doh::doh:

"We want it to come out this summer, but you don't want to let anyone down." They're not starting over.

They "may" experiment with new producers in the final stages of the album, though Danger Mouse will be producer on "most" of the album.

New = not Eno, Lanois or Lillywhite.

Okay, ya'll. I waded through the first 18 pages or so, then skipped most everything after "sometime in summer, but we don't want to let anyone down." Anything happen after that?

'It's like the room just cleared of smoke/I didn't even want the heart you broke/It's yours to keep/You just might need one,'"

'I finally found my real name/I won't be me when you see me again/No, I won't be my father's son.'"

:hmm:

Oh lordy. He's sounding more insufferable with each passing month.

"We want it to come out this summer, but you don't want to let anyone down." They're not starting over.

They "may" experiment with new producers in the final stages of the album, though Danger Mouse will be producer on "most" of the album.

New = not Eno, Lanois or Lillywhite.

New could also mean Will.I.Am :sad:

I hope Danger Mouse comes out and slams U2 in the media.

This article leads me to believe that they're scrapping the work completely.

Funny you should say that. Broken Bells interviewed on The Nerdist podcast that came out today. No direct questions or reference to the U2 record, but there is this generic quote that it's hard not to read into, given the latest news. Also, there is a minor joke at the expense of Bono at the end that I can try to transcribe later. The context of the below is a question about the difference between producing other’s material versus his own (24:52):

Hardwick: How do you figure out the vibe of someone else’s energy if, you know, the higher and higher profile bands you are working with, I’m sure they have ideas about stuff, and there’s probably egos, so how do you draw the line and where do you compromise or do you just go look it’s this way or don’t work with me.

DM: I’ve been fortunate though . . . I usually don’t go that deep in anything if it doesn’t work out pretty quick early on . . . with tastes and the ability to do that, because that kind of stuff keeps me up at night, the idea of man there’s this one part of the song that it’s gonna keep on there . . . and I want it off and I can’t, like that drives me nuts, I can’t do it. So luckily I’ve been mostly been able to work with people who want me to like it, so that’s a good deal. I want them to like stuff I bring to the table and they want me to like it, so if they don’t then I try something else. And if usually if I don’t like what they do they try something else. I’ve been lucky like that. But bands it’s a little more complicated, but I mostly have worked with kind of one person usually. You know, Beck, I mean like he’s just two people, Damon was one, James is one, Sparklehorse one, a lot of stuff I did was just one person at a time, full bands not so much.

Jonah Ray: I lot of egos floating around in that situation probably?

DM: Yeah, it can be a little bit political here and there, but usually it’s one-on-one, it’s . . . Ok, because if you don’t like somebody and it’s just you two, you just keep going or you stop. You either like somebody or you don’t, you get along or you don’t, so . . .

Is this then when the flood of denials come in.....No!, it can't be true, the album comes out soon, and this is why etc.

Please. Tack on 6 months to any comment Bono makes as to time frame.

We'll be lucky if it comes out November 2014.

I said this 2 weeks ago and everybody jumped down my throat. Seems pretty likely now. If they're considering a new producer, there's still a lot of work to be done. Something is not right within the band if it takes this long to make an album.

ahhh well, shit. someday we'll get the full story about what's happened in the last years

life goes on.

Back to Invisible:

I like those lyrics. Seems like a song I can connect with. But I'll reserve judgment until I hear the full version. It's amazing there's no leak of the song or the ad yet.

hell yeah! :rockon:

It's yours to keep
give_away_heart_600x369.jpg

:rockon:

While I'm the first who'd like to have the fucking record in his hands now, and would've hardly expected this, I don't follow the sense of doom in lots of you at all. I'm ok with it. There are hardest waitings in life. While I understand you about perceiving the band feeling insecure and stuff, remember that doing an album (especially for U2) hasn't ever been remote-controlled.

None of this really surprises me. The "sneak peak" language always concerned me.

It concerned other, too. They were more vocal about it, and they were thoroughly attacked. I love this place, and I don't want to be on the "omg Interference is awful" brigade, but sometimes it can get a bit cliquish here.

Also, the posted lyrics from Invisible seem completely fine to me.

How can anyone make a judgment on lyrics without heating them in the context of the song?

Funny you should say that. Broken Bells interviewed on The Nerdist podcast that came out today. No direct questions or reference to the U2 record, but there is this generic quote that it's hard not to read into, given the latest news. Also, there is a minor joke at the expense of Bono at the end that I can try to transcribe later.

Here is the joke re Bono as they were wrapping up the interview. Pretty interesting that DM made no comments or laughter when Bono was mentioned.

DM: I didn’t know what this was and now I do . . . I didn’t realize we were doing an interview until about 10 minutes in.

Hardwick: [Laughter] Some guys just showed up and they just started talking to us on a couch.

DM: It would be cool though if you just walked in a room and there were extra microphones and you just sit down and join the conversation.

Hardwick: Actually, that would be kind of fun. If it was a high traffic, you know, if there was a big studio and there was a bunch of bands recording, just put something in the middle and just let people come in, it’s like, oh Bono just came in and said a few things and then he walked out.

Mercer: Of course it would always be the most annoying people in the whole studio [Laughter]

Hardwick: Oh they won’t leave, they won’t stop talking.

Jonah Ray: Bono won’t leave. We’ve been recording for four hours. [Laughter]

Holy fuck. If there's one thing I wanted to be wrong about, it was the last info I had heard.

You fucking satisfied now, Steve-Bono? Need any more fucking examples?

Fuck me. :down: :down:

to clarify, RE this "last info" you heard. are you referring to new stuff, or are you referring to the June buzz you'd mentioned a few weeks ago..?

How can anyone make a judgment on lyrics without heating them in the context of the song?

The lyrics shown look awfully basic and uninspiring but yeah, who knows, I agree with this. They might suddenly fit in the context of the song even if they are a bit weak in isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom