Album 13: Shit Gets Real

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BfEsJ11IcAAl9yT.jpg

more pics that tell us nothing

I'm not too sure how real these t-shirts are.The font is derived from the NLOTH font but the interruptions are in the wrong spot. For each new album, U2 gets a new custom font. This is too close to the 'old' one, yet it's not the same one. So maybe these are fake...

I don't see why they'd be fake, given last week or so one of the models posted a picture of the same t-shirt. Not sure why a model would go through that trouble to fake out all the U2 fans on interference and other small internet communities.

I'm not too sure how real these t-shirts are.The font is derived from the NLOTH font but the interruptions are in the wrong spot. For each new album, U2 gets a new custom font. This is too close to the 'old' one, yet it's not the same one. So maybe these are fake...

I dunno about 'custom', the Bomb/Vertigo era font was Clarendon, it's ben around since the 50's.

in case there is any question of whether u2 are still in the studio with DM.. he states here that Broken Bells have been rehearsing for the past weeks..

Q&A: Broken Bells’ Danger Mouse And James Mercer On The Making And Meaning Of After The Disco - Stereogum

No. NO!!! No.

Danger Mouse is with U2 working on the album. Danger, Bono, Edge, Larry and U2Girl have all said so. It must be true. It MUST!

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Seriously though... Danger Mouse is unavailable until the end of April, as he's touring with Broken Bells.

And Mouse still says that he's still working on it, so they haven't fired him.

So our options are...

A... the album is done and they're just being coy, despite U2Girl's clear objections
B... 2015

FYI, Pitchfork just gave the new U2 album a 1.8 score.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

FYI, Pitchfork just gave the new U2 album a 1.8 score.

Seems legit, now that it's 2014 working with Danger Mouse will not only strike them as desperation for hipness, but they've surely reached the end of the affair with DM himself, the shelf life for 'cool' can't go much past a decade.

No. NO!!! No.

Danger Mouse is with U2 working on the album. Danger, Bono, Edge, Larry and U2Girl have all said so. It must be true. It MUST!

And Adam said back in October that they were aiming to be done in the studio before Christmas. I'm inclined to believe my husband. :yes:

That album is done, pressed, and sitting in boxes somewhere. The very thought is just..... :drool:

Seriously though... Danger Mouse is unavailable until the end of April, as he's touring with Broken Bells.

And Mouse still says that he's still working on it, so they haven't fired him.

So our options are...

A... the album is done and they're just being coy, despite U2Girl's clear objections
B... 2015

Did Broken Bells add new dates? Their tour only spans from 2/28 to 3/12. Plenty of time for DM to tie up loose ends for a summer release.

STEREOGUM: I imagine touring for this record will take up a good chunk of time for this year, but I know you guys both have a lot of other stuff you work on. How hard are you going to tour the record? Are you going to be out for a good part of the year?

BURTON: We have a decent amount planned so far. Just like last time, as we start and get out there, we’ll see how it goes. If we keep enjoying doing it, we’ll probably do it longer. But right now, this is the project that we’re thinking about, so the time element won’t interfere with any other projects. If it’s better for us to keep touring, we will. If it’s better for us to stop again, we will. It doesn’t have to do with any other projects or anything like that. Not right now, anyway…

sounds like he ain't got no plans

sorry, meant to say that it sounds like he has no OTHER plans.. no room for U2 at least

Re: festivals, only March looks busy for him. I don't see how this prohibits visiting the studio with U2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom