Album 13: Arguing/Punning/Meme-ing/Discussion thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not gonna happen.

One of (RED) different approaches, said by Bono himself many other times, is about how people donate. They don't ask people to open their wallets, take $1 and donate to their cause, instead, they do a very clever thing, that is partner with huge brands and, when people buy things they will buy anyway, they donate. It's much more effective.

Plus, he did that before on ZooTV. U2 is just taking advantage of a Bank, making them donate (+) million dollars to their charity.

And we're talking about Bono. He doesn't make average things. A small man with big ideas.

Personally, I really don't find nothing offensive about this Super Bowl add. Of course, they could ad this online, but really, I think and ad on the Super Bowl is much more effective in terms of propaganda and making people curious about all the fuss. This is way I think Invisible is in the album. If it was some charity song, they could release it online, like OL.

Who knows..

PS: A Zootopia moderator posted days ago about saving money for a upcoming tour, and someone asked about the album date being said / released on Fallon, and she said that wasn't gonna happen

Just my theory, but I feel that 'Invisible' may not be on the new album. However, Jimmy Fallon's show shortly after will have them play the lead-off single and have them announce the album title and release date. Maybe then could we download the studio version of the song in question and pre-order the rest of the album.

Bono did not end that video by quickly saying, "Oh, and Bank of America have a PR issue and we have a new album to promote". It's not what you do when doing something under the warm fuzzy blanket of charity, even if it's exactly what you are really doing and every sentient being knows exactly that. Invisible is the first single from the new album. That will be clear very soon.

Bono did not end that video by quickly saying, "Oh, and Bank of America have a PR issue and we have a new album to promote". It's not what you do when doing something under the warm fuzzy blanket of charity, even if it's exactly what you are really doing and every sentient being knows exactly that. Invisible is the first single from the new album. That will be clear very soon.

Well I hope you are right. There's a 50/50 chance that it might be the first single.

So you don't think that by promoting that "one song" for RED that they are not gaining exposure for the band as a springboard for the coming album? Really?? Why would it need to be off the same album? Now, don't get me wrong: 'Invisible' could very well appear on the album. But I don't see why it would have to be on it unless it becomes a huge hit.

You're acting like these decisions are yet to be made. The band learned their lesson before about putting plans into motion before the album was actually done. The fact that the hype machine has started is a good indicator that the tracklisting has been finalized, the first single selected, etc.

It's Occam's Razor. The most obvious answer is that U2 is using this major publicity opportunity to introduce the world to their new album, and (perhaps) their new sound. Not to create some misdirection just so they can raise a bunch of money for AIDS research.

Maybe you're just trolling because you're bored, I don't know. But I'd suggest more thinky, less typey.

Well I hope you are right. There's a 50/50 chance that it might be the first single.

Lol, they're not flipping a coin here. Without any information, it's not 50/50. It's unknown. If we want to talk about how many people on Interference believe Invisible to be the first single vs. the handful of obstinate buffoons who are imagining some complicated release plan, it's more like 95/5.

PS: A Zootopia moderator posted days ago about saving money for a upcoming tour, and someone asked about the album date being said / released on Fallon, and she said that wasn't gonna happen

No offence to the people in the U2.com forums, but I don't think the Zootopia mods have any more expertise then we do here. They are only speculating as well. The "saving up for the tour" thing is as obscure as the speculation about U2's arena residencies that has been going on for some time now. As someone else posted in PLEBA, it might just be them trying to get people to subscribe to U2.com, because apparently subscriptions have declined in recent years (understandably). I don't see a tour on the horizon, unless the album is announced within the next 3 months. As I said before, I don't see U2 announcing a tour without announcing an album first. And Fallon may just be the right platform to do that. Since the whole (RED) Super Bowl Invisible thing will be over by then and the dust will have settled on that issue, it's very possible U2 will be moving on from it and start talking about the album. Apart from that I think chances are good we get a live performance of Ordinary Love and Invisible, and these performances are at least something to really look forward to. Plus they might show the full Invisible video. Just speculation, but IMO a scenario that isn't unlikely to happen.

I give ‘not the first single’ a 10% chance because there is a chance there’s a different release strategy going ahead. Chance of it being on the album? 100%. Chance of it being, in reality, the first single is 100%, but the chance of them not formally declaring it the first single is maybe around 5-10%?

Look at No Line, many here think Moment of Surrender should either have been the first single or at least somehow (via some formal preview or informal but nudge/wink supported ‘leak’) been the first thing heard from the album. It's one of the big things that really let No Line down. Can’t really tell anything from the ‘Hangar Clips’ except that this is certainly not an energetic rock single in the vein of Boots/Vertigo or even Beautiful Day. It sounds mid tempo and more patiently anthemic, as opposed to Beautiful Days more explosive anthemic. It might be that U2 thought something similar of No Line. Why not put something out there that better represents the sound and feel of the album as a whole, perhaps a higher quality song overall, under some sort of cover (charity, rather than leak or something) and let that be the talking point as anticipation builds. Then, the ‘formal’ first single (sitting very close to the album release date) is the more commercial ‘hit’ aimed song. Highly unlikely, but maybe? It’s what many of us thought absolutely should have been done with No Line.

I give ‘not the first single’ a 10% chance because there is a chance there’s a different release strategy going ahead. Chance of it being on the album? 100%. Chance of it being, in reality, the first single is 100%, but the chance of them not formally declaring it the first single is maybe around 5-10%?

Look at No Line, many here think Moment of Surrender should either have been the first single or at least somehow (via some formal preview or informal but nudge/wink supported ‘leak’) been the first thing heard from the album. It's one of the big things that really let No Line down. Can’t really tell anything from the ‘Hangar Clips’ except that this is certainly not an energetic rock single in the vein of Boots/Vertigo or even Beautiful Day. It sounds mid tempo and more patiently anthemic, as opposed to Beautiful Days more explosive anthemic. It might be that U2 thought something similar of No Line. Why not put something out there that better represents the sound and feel of the album as a whole, perhaps a higher quality song overall, under some sort of cover (charity, rather than leak or something) and let that be the talking point as anticipation builds. Then, the ‘formal’ first single (sitting very close to the album release date) is the more commercial ‘hit’ aimed song. Highly unlikely, but maybe? It’s what many of us thought absolutely should have been done with No Line.

I get what you're saying, but I think that is a hair-splitting argument that history will remember as Invisible being the first single. Is it a single? Yes. Is it on the album? Yes. Was it the first song from the album to be released as a single? Yes.

I get what you're saying, but I think that is a hair-splitting argument that history will remember as Invisible being the first single. Is it a single? Yes. Is it on the album? Yes. Was it the first song from the album to be released as a single? Yes.

Yes, absolutely. 100/0.

Newstalk interview:

Bono says "Invisible" is from the new album, it's a "sneak peak" into the new album.

He was surprised U2 agreed on doing the "Invisible" thing for (RED) so quickly.

Rest about Africa, (RED), corruption, transparency etc. Sorry, I missed the beginning, but I'm sure it's available on the website.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions here. mama cass no need for personal attacks. If you guys dont get along with specific posters on here please ignore them.

sorry Sicy, and sorry KUEFC09U2 - it was a case of my fingers typing too fast and as he quoted it instantly (and several times thereafter) i couldn't change it to an "eye roll" icon which would have been more appropriate and acceptable i guess, and it escalated from there

Newstalk interview:

Bono says "Invisible" is from the new album, it's a "sneak peak" into the new album.

Rest about Africa, (RED), corruption, transparency etc. Sorry, I missed the beginning, but I'm sure it's available on the website.

Huge news. Thanks.

Any mentions of a release date or if it is in fact finished?

Doesn't look like it, but given the mis-direction so far, and the likelihood of them not wanting to be seen to be cashing in too much on a 'charity' single until after the 24 hours, we probably won't know for sure until Fallon.

Newstalk interview:

Thank you so much :heart:

Newstalk interview:

Damn, had Bono said this 2 days earlier that would've saved us another thread.

Have to admit, the last 20 pages overnight were an entertaining read. :corn: This place is an amazing research subject for psychology purposes. Just keeps on delivering!

In light of the Bono interview, I now believe that Invisible won't be on the album. :wink:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Wait a minute, is the new album going to be named Bank of America? I thought it was Donkey Punch....or maybe its now being called Cockring. I dunno.

It's not about the music though, its all about money, and sex, and cock tease and sex toys. That's all good. I used to have a blow up doll that blew away in the wind when she got a hole in her. Not that hole, mind you, one that let the air out of her.

She's still up there somewhere....floating...if you see her blow her a kiss for me please. Oh how I miss my blow up doll.

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

So perhaps invisible is not technically the lead single if Bono is saying it's a "sneak peak" into the new album. Looks like well get a third new U2 song before the album is out.

So perhaps invisible is not technically the lead single if Bono is saying it's a "sneak peak" into the new album. Looks like well get a third new U2 song before the album is out.

This seems to a pretty common practice, I would most certainly not be surprised if you're on to something.

This could be possible. My bet is that it's the lead single and band simply won't present it that way until after the (RED) promotion is complete.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom