LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trying to make sure that it's kept to it's essentials.. great melodic ideas, great ideas

this record "we went quite far out there" now "bringing it all home... making sure no self-indulgent aspects"

no release date that they "can announce"

:hmm: That could still mean a surprise release. Or else Guy's got them tight-lipped and a date has already been chosen.

no title yet, only working titles, hopefully the latest one "sticks"

What? They throwing titles at the walls now? See which of 'em sticks? :lol:

We should all start commenting on FB with a name for the album. :lmao:

lmfao Jo Wiley just said "U2's new album um "Something" is coming out um "some time"!!" :lol:

No summer holidays, busy by the end of the year.

That definitely points towards an indoors tour in fall, album release in late spring/early summer, maybe with some promo shows in summer.

Now Invisible - lovely to hear it :heart:

Edge sounding more optimistic than Bono for a change...I stick to what I said yesterday re: just plopping it on us one day. :D

guitar driven...raw...german...

German? Wow, it's going to be Achtung! Baby Reloaded :hyper:

What? They throwing titles at the walls now? See which of 'em sticks? :lol:

We should all start commenting on FB with a name for the album. :lmao:

They should just do it like the Surrealists or Dadaists and randomly take their titles out of some book or from newspapers.

trying to make sure that it's kept to it's essentials.. great melodic ideas, great ideas

this record "we went quite far out there" now "bringing it all home... making sure no self-indulgent aspects"

He also said something to this part about now they are in the "final phase" of whatever.

Hopefully this damn thing comes out NLT june.

German? Wow, it's going to be Achtung! Baby Reloaded :hyper:

They should just do it like the Surrealists or Dadaists and randomly take their titles out of some book or from newspapers.

Ha. Well maybe they are going for New Wave or whatever, or someone else said at one point last year it sounded like a mix of AB and ____ (I cant remember what but made me think of new wave). I think we get a bit of that with 'invisible'

I don't know, for a German sounding album they are spending a lot of time in London, which could mean nothing at all. At this point I don't even know where all they've been recording this thing as ive lost track.

Invisible is representative of the album which is: "raw, guitar driven" - "krautrock influenced"

If this is true, then I'm pretty excited because it's something I've been saying I'd like U2 to do for some time.

Invisible isn't all that raw though, and the guitar is lower in the mix than it ought to be for a guitar driven song, so who knows how much truth there is to Edge's claims.

Still, I'm cautiously excited.

Wouldn't it be weird for U2 to make a krautrock record without Eno? I mean, the guy worked with Harmonia and Cluster.

If this is true, then I'm pretty excited because it's something I've been saying I'd like U2 to do for some time.

Invisible isn't all that raw though, and the guitar is lower in the mix than it ought to be for a guitar driven song, so who knows how much truth there is to Edge's claims.

Still, I'm cautiously excited.

Wouldn't it be weird for U2 to make a krautrock record without Eno? I mean, the guy worked with Harmonia and Cluster.

yeah I wouldnt put too much stock into that quote either.. in the same interview, Edge also said that Invisible is pretty representative of the record's styles overall

The Edge interview makes me optimistic, both about the release date and the album itself.

I see we're back to the same 15 weirdos posting about the new U2 album again.. I guess the Invisible buzz is dying off around here :wink:

Back
Top Bottom