June 6 & 7, 2010 Anaheim IV: The Party Planning Continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets for night 1 say Gates 1 or 4. If I'm not mistaken, Rogers Centre was like this too...baseball fields don't have that big entrance like football fields do. I think it's going to kind be like an obstacle course to get to the field. Rogers Centre was a lot of up and around and up some more then down. That's what I was told. I hope I'm wrong about Angels Stadium.

It's been a few years since I've been there but think there is one pretty large entrance. It's the one with the hat.

I think that there is going to be steps involved. Most baseball stadiums I've been in the concourse is at street level and the field is lower.

I'm not sure at what level the entrance is, but you are probably right. There are usually not many entrances to the actual field so I have no clue how that will happen. We need some Angels fans to fill us in on this.

angelseat.gif

The hat gate isn't that big but I hope they use it

I actually thought that the GA entrance would be Gate 6...that is the ramp the services used, its flat, and rolls past the former bull-pen areas...its also the entrance that they stadiums uses for the Charity WALK, Little League Walk, its the most obvious choice without stairs...directly onto the right-field warning track... :shrug:

The tunnel is under the red sign just to the left of the right-field foul line...that tunnel leads out to the parking lot...sorry for the small pic.
images

I actually thought that the GA entrance would be Gate 6...that is the ramp the services used, its flat, and rolls past the former bull-pen areas...its also the entrance that they stadiums uses for the Charity WALK, Little League Walk, its the most obvious choice without stairs...directly onto the right-field warning track... :shrug:

they want to make us work for the good spots. Didn't you notice how all the entrances during the first US leg were as far away from the stage as possible?:wink:

Looking at that diagram, it looks like the most logical entrance for GA which totally means they won't use it.

The run inside Giant's Stadium last year was at least equvilent to a 1/4 of a mile. It was pretty far. We had to go down a ramp, through the tunnel where the players come out and then across the field.

nothing compares to dallas. nothing

i filmed my walk-in. it's on youtube.

DC was fairly easy. There was steps and they only let one person down at time and then we could walk after that.

that's not even where we lined up. we were walked a quarter way around the stadium to those doors. overall it could have been much worse.

You can show up at 7pm and still get a good spot in the pit.

yes, I know which is why I am hesitant on lining up early. I hate the idea of wasting a full day in line when you can waltz in at 7pm and get a good spot. The earliest I lined up was 3pm and I had fine spot inside the pit but people came in at 6pm after work and got in with no problem.

It sounds like it was total disorganization.

nope. it was fine. pretty sure i was under #100 in line and maryann was ahead of me. i didn't see anything crazy.

what time did you line up? you managed to get a good spot.

i was there pretty much all day because the weather was nice. there wasn't anything else to do in arlington unless i wanted to go to walmart.

i took my usual spot a few rows outside the outer circle.

yes, I know which is why I am hesitant on lining up early. I hate the idea of wasting a full day in line when you can waltz in at 7pm and get a good spot. The earliest I lined up was 3pm and I had fine spot inside the pit but people came in at 6pm after work and got in with no problem.

Most of the time you are right. Vegas the line was pretty short and as a bonus they were selling beer to those waiting.

I'm just gun shy because of the clusterfuck that was the Rose Bowl. I still get angry about that.

However, I want to get a spot on the outer rail once, so I fear I will need to get to a show super early. Right now my goal is Night 1 on the outer rail, night 2 in the pit.

However, I want to get a spot on the outer rail once, so I fear I will need to get to a show super early. Right now my goal is Night 1 on the outer rail, night 2 in the pit.

Ditto. I've done outer rail 3 times, so I need to be in the pit at least once. And so does the Gorilla.

I had seats midway down the field for one show, outer rail for another and inner rail in the pit, between Adam and Bono. I like the outer rail the best. I couldn't really see Edge at all inside the pit, front rail, but I'm 5'3". Someone taller would get a better view. When they all walk around the catwalks & bridges, it's hard to keep track of where they all are, and when you turn around suddenly you're behind every tall person on the planet, :doh:

Even a few rows back gives me a crappy view due to height. The rail also gives you something to lean on which is nice if you've been standing all day.
I want to two guys who organized Vegas to come to this show. That was a great GA line. The last 5 minutes is a cluster no matter how many plans you've made, so there is that 'all bets are off' phase of GA to suffer through.
Someone asked about what's the big deal about being on the rail-for me it's so I can see, and see all the stuff that happens like fan interaction, facial expressions of the band, etc that you just don't get off the screen. Although, I've seen the whole show from afar-stunning. So, if you haven't done THAT, definitely try to during this leg. Not to be missed.:up:
for a few different reasons, I'm only doing these two shows this leg. I was going to do Montreal and NY but now Anaheim is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom