Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karfun you cracked me up...all the Canadians including me will be in shorts and t-shirts while all the Americans are freezing! Have you already picked out your outfit to wear to the concert? Or am I the only loser?

I'm from Massachusetts.....it was 27 degrees here this morning....I will for sure be joining you in shorts and a t-shirt.

I don't know about you guys, but it's taking everything I have not to start packing my suitcase NOW. I'm a dork!

Hi !:wave:
I'm just south of you in RI!
Brrrrr this morning

Howdy almost neighbor :wave:
Yeah, this morning was a harsh reality of what is to come. I am looking forward to being in warm Vegas next week. So far the long-range forecast is saying 80's.

When are you headed out?

Why am I more nervous/stressed rather than excited every time I see the Countdown getting smaller and smaller and smaller . . .

:yikes:

:crack:

Me too, I don't really want to line up all day while in Vegas but then I don't want to go all that way only to be standing at the back :shrug:

This wasn't a problem in other cities as you can arrive at 3-4pm and get a good spot but this arena is a lot smaller so, hmm...

Howdy almost neighbor :wave:
Yeah, this morning was a harsh reality of what is to come. I am looking forward to being in warm Vegas next week. So far the long-range forecast is saying 80's.

When are you headed out?

my flight is 10/21 out of Boston at 8:30 am. I'll be on the airport bus at the ungodly hr of 5:30 out of providence. I connect in San Fran then Vegas. On the way home it's 2hrs shorter as the connection is Phoenix. When do you leave? It'd be funny if we' re on the same flight. It's warmed up now.:hyper: A little. The ac came out of the windows yesterday. Winter here we come. But Vegas here we come first!!!:hyper:

Does anyone else think us Vegas peeps are more excited than anyone else for any other show?

:hmm:

Oh yes.
Look at the Zoo's thread as well...no comparison to the rest of them. This is our 4th thread here, with the 5th coming up next.

:giggle:

ninefineshirt.jpg

my flight is 10/21 out of Boston at 8:30 am. I'll be on the airport bus at the ungodly hr of 5:30 out of providence. I connect in San Fran then Vegas. On the way home it's 2hrs shorter as the connection is Phoenix. When do you leave? It'd be funny if we' re on the same flight. It's warmed up now.:hyper: A little. The ac came out of the windows yesterday. Winter here we come. But Vegas here we come first!!!:hyper:

Awwww that would have been cool had we been on the same flight. I'm headed out on the 20th from Hartford (it's only 40 minutes from my house compared to Boston which is 1.5 hours). I fly to San Fran as well then Vegas. I have a 6:28am flight, so I know what you mean about having to get up early :( What time does your flight get in? Us New Englanders should meet up :up: Feel free to PM me if you want.

Hey, I'm connecting via San Fran the morning of the 21st, too!

I think I have the bus thing figured out from the strip. If I'm following all this correctly, you catch an RTC bus called the Deuce (double decker) heading South to Tropicana Ave. Get off and catch a bus on the 201 route East to Boulder Hwy. Get off and catch a bus on Route 601 the Sam Boyd Loop.

Looks like you can buy a 24 hour all access Pass for $7 or a 3day for $15.

I would not mind paying a little more and doing a cab, but it sounds like the odds of being able to catch a cab after the concert are not very good, so I think we'll stick to the bus option instead.

Me too, I don't really want to line up all day while in Vegas but then I don't want to go all that way only to be standing at the back :shrug:

This wasn't a problem in other cities as you can arrive at 3-4pm and get a good spot but this arena is a lot smaller so, hmm...
You also have the luxury of getting into Vegas earlier than most and enjoying it before the show :D That's what we're doing. Going to play the line up thing by ear, but I plan on getting there as early as possible.

:giggle: :up:

:hyper:

I can't seem to get into work for some reason :hmm:
Me either.

But I have to move at the end of the month, so I have to get focused and get everything sorted before I leave :crack: But I just want to get to VEGAS! :hyper:

I don't see a single vegan-friendly thing on that menu except a green salad. :lol: I may show up for a drink.

I'm excited about this show mostly because I don't have to drive. Thank you, Siena Suites.

Siena Suites is kind of weird in the fact that it's not one building. It's like an apartment complex with lots of buildings. I noticed that buildings 10, 11, and 12 are closest to the stadium. 12 was closest to the sidewalk that runs along the park where you'll be walking. Maybe some of you could call and request rooms in those buildings.

maybe everyone who has a room there should call and ask that all the rooms are close to each other? better for partying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom