June 6 & 7, 2010 Anaheim V- Getting ready to party!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always the beach! Huntington has fire pits for bonfires and BBQs, might be a nice Monday activity. BTW, I'm totally still planning on taking Monday off. I'm either going to the beach or to the Glen Ivy Spa in Corona for some mud therapy.

Other cool stuff in LA, for culture there is the Getty Center, one up in the hills above Brentwood and my favorite the villa in Malibu. It's a reconstruction of an ancient Roman villa.

I'm also pretty much decided that if these dates are postponed, I'm going to try to go to New York. I realize I will have to pay an arm and leg for a ticket, but I've never been to NYC. I also have a $100 voucher on Continental from a nightmare of a trip last year, so I should be able to get a good deal on flight to Newark.

We can have a virtual GA line at the longest line we encounter at Disneyland :lol:

That sounds awesome. GA line at Space Mountain! Who's bringing the rafts?

the beach is a great option but please tell me about Glen Ivy Spy. :sexywink:

It's a hot spring spa and very relaxing. You can soak in the natural hotsprings, then slather mud all over yourself and rinse off. It's delightful. Here's the link.

If you guys want seats the Jersey show is not sold out, but don't try anything just yet. You'll also have a friend there. :wave: This is my neighborhood.

I've talked to Kelly & we're still coming out. Can't refund our airline tickets & it'd be at least $300 to change the flights to somewhere else. :ohmy: Besides, this really wasn't just about the shows. Like everyone's said before me, it's about meeting friends in person for the first time or reuniting with ones you don't see very often.

So, a trip to the Joshua Tree definately peaks my interest... :hmm: And for anyone who's interested, one of the things I specifically wanted to do while on the West Coast was drive the PCH & take some photos. Other than gas & eats, that ought to be a fairly inexpensive activity.

I also liked the idea about a beach BBQ. Roasted weinies & smores with a U2 sing-along would be sweet!! :lol:

I love how everyone's pooling together ideas to still make this an amazing trip. I :heart: my Blue Crackers. :grouphug:

btw, anyone in socal that practices yoga know of a class that's on the beach itself. i had a yoga class on the beach in cape cod last summer and it was amazing.

It would be really funny if they announced that these dates were in fact a GO and we were all bummed at missing the spa and the tree and the beach bonfire. :rolleyes:

It would be really funny if they announced that these dates were in fact a GO and we were all bummed at missing the spa and the tree and the beach bonfire. :rolleyes:

Knowing this crowd, we'd figure out a way to give each other massages around a fire in the GA line, with some palm trees nearby. :lol:

i've already told my relatives that i'm staying with that there won't be a show and to plan accordingly. i hope i look stupid to them by having to go back and tell them the show(s) are back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom