June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shame: Stick to the legal 120 kph (75 mph) that the highway is once you get past Duluth :lol: (I loved that the time I drove there from Thunder Bay - speed limit in Canada is only 100 kph - though most people do 115 and take their chances :wink: Being able to do 120 legally rocked :D)

I'm kind of a speeder anyway so I'll be sure to take advantage of that :shifty:

You're on...I spend most of the drive telling Sean to slow down.....we are leaving early to check out the Albertville outlets...I'll have my cell so we can keep in touch :sexywink:

Sounds good. I'm sure we'll both be stopping at my work before the drive lol.

I'll have to text you so we can figure out meeting time and place for the next morning.

Still up for 6am? :wink:

I just received an e-mail from Ticketmaster regarding pre-purchasing parking tickets for the TCF Bank Stadium show.

Here is the information for those with GA tickets planning to arrive early:

GENERAL ADMISSION ‘NEED TO KNOW’ INFO

If you plan to arrive earlier than 1 p.m. (to line up outside the stadium entrance, etc.)- DO NOT pre-purchase parking. Before 1 p.m., only Oak Street Ramp and East River Road Garage will be open for event parking (both will be open at 6 a.m.).These two facilities will not be pre-sold.

Guests holding Field tickets can only enter through the entry doors at Lincoln County.

Where are the Lincoln County entry doors? I don't see them on any of the stadium maps I have seen.

I just received an e-mail from Ticketmaster regarding pre-purchasing parking tickets for the TCF Bank Stadium show.

Here is the information for those with GA tickets planning to arrive early:

GENERAL ADMISSION ‘NEED TO KNOW’ INFO

If you plan to arrive earlier than 1 p.m. (to line up outside the stadium entrance, etc.)- DO NOT pre-purchase parking. Before 1 p.m., only Oak Street Ramp and East River Road Garage will be open for event parking (both will be open at 6 a.m.).These two facilities will not be pre-sold.

Guests holding Field tickets can only enter through the entry doors at Lincoln County.

Where are the Lincoln County entry doors? I don't see them on any of the stadium maps I have seen.

It may be on the East Side of the stadium based on this press release:

Improving Fan Experience Goal of Game Day Changes - Gophersports.com - Official Web Site of University of Minnesota Athletics

It will still be another week or two before I can get over there to take some pictures to post.

It's good to know that they are expecting people as early as 6 am though.

I got the same email from Gopher Sports today.

The entrance near Lincoln County is the entrance that goes into the guts of the stadium and to the two tunnels out to the field. It is located between Gates B and C on the southeast side of the stadium.

I'm not surprised about the no-tailgating rule. Technically the U is not part of the City of Minneapolis, but the City enforces their no-tailgating ordinances with a vengance except on game days.

There's always going to be people camping out.

Some people were told not to camp at the concert in BC and I think they moved their "campsite" across the street.

There's always going to be people camping out.

Some people were told not to camp at the concert in BC and I think they moved their "campsite" across the street.

It might be worth connecting with people on U2.com and other Zootopians, etc. and see about starting the line in the Days Inn parking lot (with their permission, of course). It's close, and I don't think the cops could really do anything about it.

Do you think people will still camp out? Or will there just be a mob of us running for the line at 6am? :lol:

People will always camp out :yes:

As I recall, there was a "no camping" rule in general last year which was enforced only a few times... It's not like there's never been shows in Minneapolis before - I'm assuming people camped out during previous tours too *g*

Just as long as things are settled as to where "the line" is if people aren't allowed to camp out (so that there's no drama like I heard about in another city where they enforced the "no camping" thing) it'll be fine.

(Personally I consider 6am a bit late... but getting actual sleep in a bed for a bit is nice too :lol:)

I am staying at the Days Inn...I'm glad to hear it is as close as I thought. :hyper:

Hello! Late to the thread! This will be my only GA show of the entire tour, my new sweetheart's first U2 show ever, & my first show of summer leg.

I hope to get dropped off by family to avoid parking problems. I'm thinking about buying a flip camera to tape some short interviews with folks on line about their U2 fandom.

Looking forward to meeting folks from the boards.

Hello! Late to the thread! This will be my only GA show of the entire tour, my new sweetheart's first U2 show ever, & my first show of summer leg.

I hope to get dropped off by family to avoid parking problems. I'm thinking about buying a flip camera to tape some short interviews with folks on line about their U2 fandom.

Looking forward to meeting folks from the boards.

^Kudos and good choice.

I wish the show was tonight. The weather is gorgeous right now.

I don't think parking will be as bad as it's being made out to be. Parking for football games isn't terrible.

Hey guys!! Just wondering how far the stadium is from the mall, I was thinking of taking a taxi instead of driving and I'll be staying around MOA. Anyone have a rough estimate?

Thanks so much! I guess I could have googled it! Well that's not too bad, 20 min. I think its worth it than worrying about parking. Is there anywhere to go around there (walking distance) before or after the show for some food and drinks? I'm soo excited for the show!! Haven't seen them since las vegas vertigo! Sorry about the annoying questions, coming down from winnipeg, only know the bloomington area.

That's all the info I can give you - I'm completely unfamiliar with the area myself! :)

I'm glad I got rooms at the University Inn - it's a hefty 20 minute walk or so, but at least we won't have to worry about stadium parking or trying to drive in the bad traffic nearby.

Looking forward to this show!

One of my friends from work just decided she wants to go to the show. She's never seen U2 but is really excited about going! I posted that I need a GA, but I thought I'd ask here too in case anyone knows of any. Thanks!

Hey guys!! Just wondering how far the stadium is from the mall, I was thinking of taking a taxi instead of driving and I'll be staying around MOA. Anyone have a rough estimate?

Don't take a taxi. Get to downtown Minneapolis and get on the light rail. It'll take you straight to the MOA for a small fee. Much cheaper than taking a taxi.

I Googled that for you - it's 13 miles, and it says about a 20 minute drive.

if the map you have says to take 35W then I would strongly suggest getting to the lightrail station and taking the train. There's a section of 35 that's under construction and not pleasant to deal with. So it's way more than a 20 minute drive if you add in potential detours and traffic. I'm sure you could take a bus from the stadium area to the lightrail, which is located downtown. The U campus is right next to downtown but not exactly walking distance either. The lightrail stations would be kind of a hike from the stadium, especially at that hour.

Not sure if anyone is planning a gathering but there's a little bar area on the U campus called 7 Corners that we could all meet up at on Sat night. I have not been to the new stadium to know the area enough in relation to 7 Corners so maybe someone else local could suggest something closer to the stadium. Is Dinkytown closer?

I have no idea where I'm going to park for the show. I probably should drive over to the stadium soon and figure that out....

My Saturday plans are still up in the air - I'm not sure if my family will be driving from Wisconsin on Saturday or Sunday. If I'm on my own, I'd love to meet up with people! :)

I've been to a couple bars by the U, and I'd guess there are far better choices downtown. There are even Irish pubs, if people are so inclined (...though I've only been to the one across from First Ave, and only to use the ATM). ;)

Not sure if anyone is planning a gathering but there's a little bar area on the U campus called 7 Corners that we could all meet up at on Sat night. I have not been to the new stadium to know the area enough in relation to 7 Corners so maybe someone else local could suggest something closer to the stadium. Is Dinkytown closer?

I have no idea where I'm going to park for the show. I probably should drive over to the stadium soon and figure that out....

I was going to suggest the Leaning Tower of Pizza for Saturday night. It's stumbling distance from the Stadium and everything on campus, across the street from the Days Inn.

Leaning Tower
(it's the 2501 University address)(of course their map link is broken)

leaning tower of pizza - Google Maps

It's nothing special at all, usually not crowded, but the food is pretty good even if the seats and tables can be sticky. Hey, it's a university bar. :shrug:

7 Corners is great but it's a little in between where people may be staying. I love Town Hall's beer.

As far as getting to the stadium from the MOA? I vote light rail and then a cab from downtown, too. If you do take a cab from the MOA, tell the driver to take Hiawatha Ave./Hwy 55 (same road). The 35W/Hwy 62 rebuild is crazy-making. I'm sure the light rail runs late enough on Sunday night to get you back to the MOA, but it's worth doublechecking. Downtown is just so much easier to get a cab. Although, I think some cabs hang out at the Radisson on campus.

Fingers crossed Minneapolis doesn't get postponed.

(Although obviously, Bono's health is more important. But I can still cross my fingers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom