June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my tickets with the student code too. Do you think they are gonna ask for student IDs?

I don't see anywhere on the tickets that shows it was bought through the student sale :hmm:

No. Everyone should be fine. I'd be more concerned about parking and getting pre-concert drinks, and that's not saying much. :up: It's going to be a great show.

Hopefully this will alleviate my fears of dragging my parents there and being surrounded by obnoxious drunk people. I mean, there will still be drunk people there, but at least no one will spill a beer on my mom.

60 days until the show! I better start finding a collaspable chair and a hallow rock that I can put near the stadium to hide stuff in.

it's too expensive to fly out there. cheapest flights are in the mid $300s

Heh - that's cheap for me, as I usually pay over $400 to go an extra three hours to fly through Mpls and into my hometown.

So I'm happy to land in Mpls this time. :wink:

Southwest starts flying from MSP to Phoenix in August. Too late for Dan though.

Flights into Wisconsin are ridiculous. My wife has flown to Wausau and Appleton from MSP for somewhere between $500-$750 each time. (But, it's better than hitting deer on the highway.)

I was amazed this time that I could fly into Mpls but out of Wausau for a relatively decent price. That was good stuff, right there.

I was amazed this time that I could fly into Mpls but out of Wausau for a relatively decent price. That was good stuff, right there.

Small regional airport government subsidized airfares :up:
(It really does help small town business.)

When we used to fly Northwest, we would look at driving to Eau Claire or La Crosse to fly out for cheaper even though those flights route back through MSP anyway. :shrug:

if i were to go out of phoenix. i'd have to leave my house over 3 hours before the flight and drive 100 miles. i really don't want to have to do that

but i just checked from phoenix to minneapolis
southwest is over $400
us airways is $374

I was happy to get a direct flight.

Mmmmmmm, direct flights :drool:

The only direct flights I take any more are to Chicago, Denver or SF. Ever since Northwest pissed me off for the last time, I only fly United, which often means connecting.

On the bright side, I know what I like to eat at each of those airports. (Berghoff's roast turkey sandwich in Chicago, either Quizno's, the cheese plate from the deli or an Asian bowl in Denver, and in SF, Lori's Diner garlic fries--mmmmmm!)

(I should note from my earlier post that starting in August, Southwest will begin direct flights from MSP to PHX.)

I try to do Northwest through Minneapolis to go home, rather than United through Chicago, as I've been stranded in Chicago due to weather too many times. I've never had issues with Northwest.

I try to do Northwest through Minneapolis to go home, rather than United through Chicago, as I've been stranded in Chicago due to weather too many times. I've never had issues with Northwest.

Northwest was always fine weather-wise, despite MSP and Detroit in winter. I don't trust Delta because of the potential cluster-f of Atlanta's airport and the ripple effect from it.

But, NWA f-ed me over too many times as a frequent flyer. I had a 13,000 mile trip on Malaysian Airlines who was a full partner of NWA when I booked it, then just before the trip NWA let us know that Malaysian's miles no longer count toward elite status. FU!
And (same trip), after the 2004 SE Asia tsunami, NWA charged me a change fee because our connecting flight was delayed.

I could go on, but I'll spare the vitriol. Delta is a better airline than NWA, but I've been very happy with United.

Northwest left my family stranded for 3 days, without covering anything, due to weather...I am driving 6 hours from Thunder Bay...have already done this a few weeks ago....I am getting excited...it is coming up so fast :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom