June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.

Crossables crossed.

I think this might be it this time. Four seated tickets. Good seats. Crazy shenanigans leading up to the upcoming exchange of money for tickets, involving my coworker volunteering her sister-in-law to meet up with the guy selling them on Craigslist in Minneapolis to get them.

I figure someone willing to meet up in person is not scamming me. And if he doesn't show? Then I get my money back.

Are the gods of rock and roll finally smiling down on me? Stay tuned for more thrilling details and me freaking out!

I am one step closer to having the tickets.

Next step - receiving confirmation that my friend's sister-in-law has the tickets.
Final step - having them in my hands.

:hyper: :hyper:

i think i want to go to minneapolis too. can you get me a ticket? thx

I GOT THE TICKETS! I GOT THE TICKETS! I GOT THE TICKETS!!!!!

:hyper: :panic: :hyper: :panic:

... now to sell my GA.

Kudos!

I've been afraid to look at my tickets because I've forgotten how many I have for this show. Not that they won't all be spoken for; it's just that I think I might be able to retire on the reimbursement money from my friends. :wink:

Since my mum is coming now :)ohmy:) she wants to line up at 9 in the morning (at the latest) to be certain we get an "ideal" spot.

When she told me this, I asked, "Ok, who are you and what have you done with my mum?"

This will be her second concert ever. :)

What sort of things do people bring to the lineup?

I was thinking about bringing a collapsible chair that I could take to my car before the doors open. Any advice (especially from those who have waited in line for more than 8 hours :ohmy: )

I would assume the earlier, the better as far as lining up goes.
First, since the show is on campus and on a Sunday, I would think that a lot of students will get in line early (although technically school will be out). (Also, this is the first ever concert at this stadium.)
Second, the U of M police are an active bunch, so I'm guessing they will have something planned as far as the line-up goes. I'll see if there is a way to find out anything. I'm planning on coming later and standing at the back, but I'll probably stop by and visit the line sometime.
I'll see what the parking situation is, there are lots of places to park on campus, but I don't know if there are time limits on any of them. The campus police are very eager to give parking tickets, so it'll be worth being careful and planning ahead for parking.

I need to know find out if there's anywhere to park an RV near the stadium. :hmm:

How are the hotels near the stadium? Is there anything within close walking distance of the stadium?

We're not sure if we'll just drive straight home after the show, or stay in the RV, or just get a hotel.

I was gonna bring the same thing.

Btw, nice to meet a fellow GA first timer :hug: :D

Aww :hug:

I've been in Red Zone but that is far different from regular GA. The Red Zone line for my side in Vancouver had 75 people total in it before we were let in while the regular GA had about 4000. :ohmy:

This is going to be fun :cute:

I need to know find out if there's anywhere to park an RV near the stadium. :hmm:

How are the hotels near the stadium? Is there anything within close walking distance of the stadium?

We're not sure if we'll just drive straight home after the show, or stay in the RV, or just get a hotel.

Seriously? There are residential streets and a small industrial area not too far from the stadium. How big is the RV?

I think there are 3-5 hotels on campus: Days Inn, Radisson, and University Inn, some others. I thought someone said the Days Inn is fully booked. I know the Radisson is fairly nice. I know nothing about the others.
There also are the Holiday Inn Metrodome, the Aloft, and the Residence Inn closer to downtown, but not quite walking distance.

If you want to park the RV at a hotel, you might need to go to a close suburb like Roseville. I know the Days Inn on campus has a flat lot although it might be full due to the concert. I'm almost certain the Radisson has a parking ramp--no good for an RV. Same with the Holiday Inn Metrodome.
I can't picture the other close hotels on University Ave., they are newer, and I can't think of what their parking is like.

Seriously? There are residential streets and a small industrial area not too far from the stadium. How big is the RV?

It's one of the big-ass giant "I can't believe my parents are driving that" RVs.

Thanks for the info! I'll check out the campus hotels and see what's available.

If we can save ourselves having to drive to the stadium, then we can stay for the full concert. I think if we'll be parking there and driving back to Wisconsin or to a KOA out of the city, I'll be dragging everyone out early, rather than making them sit through a post-concert nightmare of traffic and parking lots.

It's one of the big-ass giant "I can't believe my parents are driving that" RVs.

Thanks for the info! I'll check out the campus hotels and see what's available.

If we can save ourselves having to drive to the stadium, then we can stay for the full concert. I think if we'll be parking there and driving back to Wisconsin or to a KOA out of the city, I'll be dragging everyone out early, rather than making them sit through a post-concert nightmare of traffic and parking lots.

Ugh, I can't believe I'm suggesting this, but Walmarts let RVs park in their lots overnight. There are 2 Walmarts not horribly far from the campus. It would require arranging some carpooling, but it's an option. Actually, the St. Paul Walmart isn't an option just because the neighborhood is not the best. But, the Silver Lake Road location to the North would be okay. I obviously don't know if they specifically allow RVs, but FWIW.

Edit: it may only be 24-hour Walmarts.

My parents have done that before, actually! It was in the back of my mind.

It looks like the Radisson is the closest to the campus, and it's sold out for Sunday night (no surprise). I guess we're stuck with dealing with driving and parking, one way or the other!

I just booked a couple of rooms at the University Inn:

University of Minnesota Hotels : University Inn MN

It looks like they still have some rooms available. Price is good - $85 + tax a night, each room has a queen bed. It looks like it's about a 20 minute walk from the stadium, which is pretty awesome.

It's nice to not have to make that decision now - if my parents are gung-ho about doing the RV or driving home after, I can easily cancel, but at least we have a fall-back option that wouldn't involve messing with driving or parking at the concert!

I just booked a couple of rooms at the University Inn:

University of Minnesota Hotels : University Inn MN

It looks like they still have some rooms available. Price is good - $85 + tax a night, each room has a queen bed. It looks like it's about a 20 minute walk from the stadium, which is pretty awesome.

It's nice to not have to make that decision now - if my parents are gung-ho about doing the RV or driving home after, I can easily cancel, but at least we have a fall-back option that wouldn't involve messing with driving or parking at the concert!

:up: :up:

I bought a ticket from stubhub and it arrived today.

I am bit concerned because the seat is in section 144, but it looks like the person who originally bought it only paid $55 for it. It also has "zgopher" on the right side of the ticket, under the section number.

Is this a student or season ticket holder ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom