East Lansing/Minneapolis/Montreal - Presale/General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got 4 Floor tickets. I actually wanted tickets behind the band, but they didn't give me access to those. I'm not looking forward to all those high and drunk fans on the floor...but at least I'll get to see the band. I wonder if its like this everywhere, or just Montreal. I know that in Montreal smoking pot is as normal as taking the bus. So i doubt its this bad in other places. Anyways, I'm getting old.

Hey, it's nice to see I'm not the only one who can't stand drunk or high people. Though, I'll take them over anyone who disrupts my view of the show or my hearing the songs in all their subtlety.

I haven't noticed any craziness in Montreal, but I've never been to a U2 show there. My big brother went in 1987, (when Bono had a cast) and both brothers went in 1992 for Zoo TV (They didn't know I was a fan at the time) and then my big brother went again in 2001.

My sense is that people smoke pot everywhere there are lots of young people; I actually didn't notice the pot in Toronto I suspect because U2 uses a smoke machine. I've been to some Radiohead shows in Toronto and it can be horrible. I was at the Hummingbird Center, which is a small enclosed room, used for comedy performances and used to be also used for opera performances and people were smoking. I had a much better time seeing Radiohead in Montreal than Toronto, where there were 2 people in the seats who kept screaming every minute at the tops of their lungs. They didn't even care about the music, just being noticed. They hurt my ears.

If we speak up, we can improve the concert experience.

For the record, I don't care what people do between the songs (that's when I show my love), but it's unfair to make a commotion or jut arms up high and video cameras in front of people's faces during songs.

Congrats to all that got their tickets!! The presale codes from the venue don't sell GA's so I will try on Thursday with the ticketmaster bundle!
That's not fair. What a horrible venue. Then again, if you aren't "Horizon", you might be in luck.

It sounds like none of the "venue" presales offer GAs, so it's not just that venue holding back GAs.

It sounds like none of the "venue" presales offer GAs, so it's not just that venue holding back GAs.

I expected that they wouldn't, because that has been the norm. It actually makes me feel a bit better about my chances on Thursday for the Ticketmaster bundle. That worked in Toronto for me! I had to try though....just in case!

Just wondering what sections are coming up for Montreal pre-sale. I foolishly saved my code(thought I could get GA's during general sale) and ended up paying $100 for GA's in Chicago and now I'm worried about Montreal.

Last edited:
Way to go guys. :up:

See :zen:

It took at least an hour before I got my Montreal e-mail confirmation.

i didn't get my Montreal email before i left work. I sent them a note though asking them to confirm the order. did anyone notice a way to logon and check status of the order online?

i joked about Kristen being a post whore, but seriously now, she is a ticket whore.

well, j/k again of couse.

still.....lots of flights or lots of driving

i'lmm be driving from barrie to montreal, this will be the best trip....great trip entering montreal from highway 20.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but do you have to actually be a Wild season ticket holder to purchase tickets with this pre-sale code? Do you have to somehow prove that you are a season ticket holder after you commit to buying the tickets? Will the ticket police come for you if you are not a fan of the Mild and try to get tickets this way (because you had no faith and were a dumb ass and used up your "official" U2 fan club pre-sale code on Chicago tickets in a fit of panic....)

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but do you have to actually be a Wild season ticket holder to purchase tickets with this pre-sale code? Do you have to somehow prove that you are a season ticket holder after you commit to buying the tickets? Will the ticket police come for you if you are not a fan of the Mild and try to get tickets this way (because you had no faith and were a dumb ass and used up your "official" U2 fan club pre-sale code on Chicago tickets in a fit of panic....)

The ticket police will come to your house, strip search you and then waterboard you. You have to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that you are a fan of the Mild, hold Mild season tickets, and are not too stupid to panic and buy tickets for Chicago.

Actually, to the best of my knowledge, TicketMaster does some wacky stuff, but verifying who is using what pre-sale code is not one of them. As long as it works, it works -- they'll take your money.

LOVE YOUR MILD COMMENTS! hahahaha I am a Bruins fan myself. Even though the "Mild" are Western, I still root for the B's stricktly

SMB

The ticket police will come to your house, strip search you and then waterboard you. You have to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that you are a fan of the Mild, hold Mild season tickets, and are not too stupid to panic and buy tickets for Chicago.

Actually, to the best of my knowledge, TicketMaster does some wacky stuff, but verifying who is using what pre-sale code is not one of them. As long as it works, it works -- they'll take your money.

:lol:

I bought 5 Wild games off my friend who is a season ticket holder, but I bought U2 tickets with the Gopher password, and I'm not an alumnus. I think I'm safe from TM, but maybe not. :D

Now, what do I do with these Wild tickets? :rolleyes: :doh:

I saw on CP24 that the leafs have a 2% chance of winning the cup this year

Aw c'mon now, show some mercy to us suffering Leafs fans! I'm pushing 40, and I honestly wonder if they'll win a Cup in my lifetime. Living a few blocks from the Wild arena isn't providing much better hockey either :doh:

p.s. that 2% is generous.

i joked about Kristen being a post whore, but seriously now, she is a ticket whore.

well, j/k again of couse.

still.....lots of flights or lots of driving

i'lmm be driving from barrie to montreal, this will be the best trip....great trip entering montreal from highway 20.

I'm a proud ticket whore :wink:
I work my butt off for the money though :crack:
Plus I already saved tons of money from my summer job for the second leg so I already have most of it covered :D

Got two MSU tix in the Boots presale, will try for more in the student sale...

Already have my 4 Chicago tickets in hand.

FWIW, I once bought some seats to the Springsteen 2004 shows that were in support of John Kerry. There was a big warning that said, in essence, "if you buy these tickets with a corporate card, they will get voided. These are not meant for corporate events."

Well, the only card I had on me at the time was a corporate card, and I used it (nothing shady, I didn't put them on my expense report and I had to pay off the card myself). Nothing happened. I went to the show just fine.

On a more relevant note, as a UMN student, I got a big notice from the school that said "Your presale code for the U2 show will be GOPHERxxxxxx (the "xxxxxx" being our individual student ID number), if you try to use it to get more than 2 tickets, all tickets may be voided!" And, lo and behold, I go on here and folks are handing out a generic "gopher" passcode that brings up the same seats as my "personalized" code.

So, long story short, I seriously think all the warnings are BS.

I pulled a seat behind the stage for Chicago, but didn't use it, because I did RZ instead. But I'd really wanted to try that, dammit:wink:
So, are there any tips for getting those seats? Because for now, with specifying 95 dollars and lower bowl, I get only other-side-of-venue kinda seats, you know? Did I miss the behind-the-stage ones, or do they release these later assuming people would rather be in 'full view' land, as it were?!
If I could specify this location I would, but can't see how, at least online.

Cheers all!

Hi---I did RZ in Chicago and behind the stage in Raleigh. It was like seeing a whole different show, and I actually really liked those seats. The whole Raleigh trip was spur of the moment, and we bought the tickets through TM---and I think they were $33 each---so I don't know if it was because of the venue, or it was so last minute and we got lucky. I guess my conveluded point is--keep checking TM or Stub Hub and that I think the behind stage seats are totally worth it.....

There are now pairs available again with the mnwild password.

FeelsLikeRain, you do not have to be a Wild season ticket holder to use the mnwild pre-sale.

Minneapolis:
U2 360º Tour tickets TCF Bank Stadium Minneapolis, MN, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.
password = gopher

Minneapolis:
U2 360º Tour tickets TCF Bank Stadium Minneapolis, MN, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.
password = mnwild

East Lansing:
U2 360º Tour tickets Spartan Stadium East Lansing, MI, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.
password = green

Back
Top Bottom