Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was level 1 up the back at melb 1 and it was awful and saw hardly anything of the concert. For melb 2 i was level 3 on the side it was awesome and they were $99. I went for the same seats this time they are behind the stage but on the side for $40. I did see the expensive seats for up the back but didn't see the point in paying that much money for level 1 seats with an awful view.

I am a little confused by the whole OZ/NZ leg in regards to tickets/promotion.

Last Sunday it was advertised as all shows being sell outs when clearly Sydney and Brisbane were not. The first Brisbane show is only now almost sold out (single tickets available) where as Sydney still has P1 and P2 available.

I am still at a loss as to why Sydney has shows on a Monday and Tuesday night when the weekend prior is free. The idea of releasing a second Sydney show at 1pm on a Friday arvo is crazy.

Promotion is weak in my opinion. U2 is not in demand as they were in 2006. No hit single in years. Poor selling album and the rose bowl dvd has only gone 1 time platinum here.

Unless there is some serious promotion or change of ticket prices we could see some half empty stadiums.

I am still at a loss as to why Sydney has shows on a Monday and Tuesday night when the weekend prior is free. The idea of releasing a second Sydney show at 1pm on a Friday arvo is crazy.

They need time to break down the stage, transport it to Sydney and build it up again. I guess a weekend show would then come too soon. It is a tour, which means you cannot play only shows in weekends. There will be weekday shows.

So, almost 6pm, four hours after Brisbane II went on sale and five hours for Sydney II.

Sydney:

P1 Available
P2 Available
P3 Available
P4 Available
P5 - Arena Standing Available
Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted
P7 Available
P8 - Alcohol Free Alloc. Exhausted
P9 - Alcohol Free Available
P10 - Alcohol Free Single seats only

Brissie:

Pl1 Available
Pl2 Available
Pl3 Available
Pl4 Available
Pl5 - Arena Standing Available
Pl6 - Red Zone Limited seats only
Pl7 Available

... ouch. Far cry from this time last week.

Somebody else can fight with Ticketmaster and figure out how Melbourne's faring.

even auckland, with the smallest venue on this leg and about 26 hours head start on australia:

Availability:
Pl1 - Seated Available
Pl2 - Seated Available
Pl3 - Seated Available
Pl4 - Seated Single seats only
Pl5 - Standing Available
Pl6 - Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted
Pl7 - Seated Alloc. Exhausted

I have no doubt they can still sell out, just poor in promotion and dates/on sale times in my opinion.

I am going to every show here, just dread 1998 all over again with half empty stadiums.

so my speculation is right: demand is down,

why raise the price when; your not sure of the demand, the australian dollar is faring well internationally, your last album and dvd sold lets face it: at least a quater of the one that preceeded it and the venue your playing at has a larger capacity then before.

I think the band/mgt has over-estimated this time. I mean yes they set attendance records last time, had a number 1 single when they were in the counrty and came off selling 5x platinum, 4x platinum albums respectively and 18 singles went just as well.

Ladies and gentlemen...... the rolling stones:wink:

I feel ticket prices are crazy. Something like this might work. The Red Zone could sell for $700 if they wanted to.

65 categories also is sillly

Red Zone $400.00
Diamond $249.00
Platinum $179.00
Silver $129.00
GA $100.00
Anus seats $50.00 (no transaction fee)

Hey everyone, time for another trivia session from me! :crack: :D

So anyway the other day I bought cheap seats for Melbourne 2 and got "aisle 47" seats, but today when the tickets came, it's "aisle 46" that our seats are located in..what? :huh: Its the same row, seat numbers etc though

Is this normal for Etihad ticketing because I'm not sure? Ps- I know this is probably more relevant to the actual Melbourne thread but since it's all happening in this one..:lol: Thanks

Similar to ANZ stadium. you think you have section 34, but says aisle 35 on the ticket. That is the aisle you go down. Screwed with my head for years.

Similar to ANZ stadium. you think you have section 34, but says aisle 35 on the ticket. That is the aisle you go down. Screwed with my head for years.

That's really annoying then!, I dislike the stadium plans of aisles etc, I much prefer the systems like at the MCG, where it's a definative bay, ie M33 or soemthing. Much less confusing! Thanks for your help though! :lol:

wow in the space of like three hours all of a sudden people are declaring this a failure!

Yeah. :huh: Same happened earlier when the second European leg did not sell out all stadiums immediately. But the predictions of half-empty stadiums did not materialize. Moscow and Istanbul were far from sold out, but they still had (currently estimated) attendances of ~60,000 and ~45,000 respectively.

So yeah, there are still tickets available for the second shows (and AFAIK, the first ones all sold out). That does not mean it's a failure. Even 80% sold of capacity is not a failure, even though that means you can get multiple tickets when searching in a category.
:shrug:

the same thing happened in the us last year. people were panicking on here about ticket sales in places like phoenix, and as the hype increased towards the day of the show in the cities tickets started selling quickly again.

same thing will happen here.

That is fine, but we are talking about Australia, Sydney in particular.

I hope it sells out, but it doesnt look good at all

They're using two. One for Melbourne/Sydney and one for Auckland/Brisbane/Perth.

They're not using all three?
Anyway, as Ian stated, it's likely not the Claws which dictate the time between the shows, but the audio/video/stage stuff. Of that they only have one set.

In that sense, this part in one of Willie's Diary entries was quite revealing:
With it having become apparent that, for the sake of safety and humanity, the 360 show requires a proper travel day then a load-in day between each pair of cities, this year's tour schedule is a little more relaxed than that of 2009.

Hence, the slightly larger gap between shows on the 2010 (and 2011) legs.

Some things to remember in terms of how well tickets are selling:

1. U2 are playing 10 stadium shows this time in Australia/New Zealand, that is the largest number of stadium shows they have played down under on one tour in their career.

2. The stadium shows are in the round using all the seats of the stadium. This increases the capacity by 10% to 20% depending on the venue.

3. Tickets on average are more expensive this time around.

They will not be adding any shows to these 10 and it would be unrealistic to expect them too. Remember that the third Sydney show on Vertigo did not completely sell out, so that essentially hit the saturation point in Sydney with that show. With a 360 show and increased capacity per show, the saturation point will likely be reached with the second show.

They will not be adding any shows to these 10 and it would be unrealistic to expect them too. Remember that the third Sydney show on Vertigo did not completely sell out, so that essentially hit the saturation point in Sydney with that show. With a 360 show and increased capacity per show, the saturation point will likely be reached with the second show.

I still wouldn't rule out Melbourne III yet, but I'm not getting my hopes up either.

As of 30 mins ago.

Melbourne 2
$349.5 Red Zone sold out
$299.9 Level 1 multiples
$299.9 Level 2 multiples
$229.9 Level 1 multiples
$229.9 Level 2 multiples
$174.9 Level 1 singles
$174.9 Level 2 singles
$174.9 Level 3 multiples
$109.9 Level 3 sold out
$99.9 GA multiples
$39.9 Level 1 sold out
$39.9 Level 2 sold out
$39.9 Level 3 sold out

It hasn't even been 24 hours for these 2nd show sales, well except for Auckland. I remember reading an article about Madonna's last tour and that Live Nation added a second show to one of her stadiums because the first show finally sold out after 3 days.

Look at Bon Jovi's results to New Zealand..and mind you no second shows for each NZ venue and no seats behind the stage.

Wellingston Westpac Stadium
Diamond floor Available
Platinum floor Available
Gold floor Alloc. Exhausted
Platinum bowl Available
Gold bowl Available
Silver bowl Available
Front row floor single seats only
Diamond floor B-K Available

Auckland Mt. Smart Stadium
Diamond field Available
Platinum field Available
Gold GA field Available
Silver stand Available
Platinum side view Available
Gold side view Available
Gold end view Alloc. Exhausted
Front row field limited seats only
diamond second rows Available

Here is the results to Bon Jovi's 3rd show in Sydney at the Sydney football stadium (45,500)..much smaller venue than ANZ Stadium (83,500) and also no seats behind the stage. There are tickets still available for the 2nd show as well in the Diamond area, and single seats in others.

Sydney Sydney football stadium
Diamond Available
Platinum Available
Gold Available
Silver Available

U2 is not doing bad at all in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom