U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't get any hits below 118 ...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2.com have updated there tour section

In europe the only two shows left with tickets are london 5 and Glasgow 1. They maybe tickets left for other shows but they must be at a very small number as all the shows are classed as sold out.

In America theres tickets left for LA 1,2 and 5. Montreal 3 and 4,Chicago 4 and 5 Boston 3 and 4 , New York 7 and 8

13 dates with tickets left out of 67 at this stage is really good i think.

So is there just LA 6, Chicago 6 and London 6 left to be added?

I just can't fathom them adding a 6th show in Chicago. Tickets for the 5th show are plentiful in all price ranges, and that's with me turning off the resale option. The fact that July 3rd is a Friday MIGHT help sales for the 6th show, but it still would probably be only 3/4 full by show time. Chicago 5 WILL NOT sell out. If they don't mind playing to a 3/4 sold arena, however, then they might as well go for it.

London and LA will probably get 6th shows. All 3 LA shows with tickets still left are still 90-95% sold out.

There are people saying Cologne will add 2 more shows on Oct 21-22, so there's that possibility. Also the Dublin rumors. Turin could definitely use 2 more shows.

In the US they still have June 7-8 and June 20-21 where they could fit pairs of shows. Just saying.

Seems so quiet on this board (maybe in wrong thread) but this 8th show seems to have gone quicker than the last few ones...

The shows focuses entirely on the new songs too and she only does some funky remixed versions of the classics people want to hear.

yeah I know... I endured the remixes on S&S tour and on top of the Hard Candy crap made it easily the worst concert I've been to...ironically the previous tour had been amazing

not bothering with this tour

I think they kinda screwed themselves in the foot by trickling out dates. I'd already purchased plane fare for the first 4 LA shows. But maybe I should have realized they would add more.

I plan to go to at least 1 LA show, one of the 3 first.

The easier choice for me is the 2nd one. For the sold out 3rd show I may lurk around the area and buy one outside :hmm:

Anyone else trying for Denver this morning? Apparently there's a "waiting room" this hour before the onsale. :/

This:
The on-sale for U2 is scheduled for March 23rd, 2015 at 10:00 AM (MDT). Starting at 9:00 AM (MDT) on March 23rd, 2015 you will be able to enter the waiting room. At 10:00 AM (MDT) March 23rd 2015 all consumers in the waiting room will be assigned a random place in line (alongside everyone else who is in the waiting room before the start of the on-sale) and will be allowed into the purchase process according to their randomly assigned order.
sounds like a recipe for chaos. Glad I don't live in/near Colorado.

I *know*. Stupid waiting room means I have to sit here for an hourrrrr.

And hopefully I'm in the waiting room correctly as long as there's a "queue id" at the bottom of the screen. The rest of the screen is just the description posted re: how the onsale works.

I remember buying on tickets.com with this waiting room type thing for ATYCLB. It wasn't too bad if you actually got it in (big 'if' of course).

The nice thing was that there weren't people losing tickets during the buying process.

Couldn't get Denver tickets. If they were going to add another date, about how long would they wait?

Got an alert from my Ticketmaster app this morning stating second Denver show has been added for June 7 and that tix go on sale Monday March 30 at 10 AM.

Still think one more city will be added between Montréal and Chicago.

Had they made the additional Chicago shows on June 20-21, a sat-sun combo, they would've sold out. Right now, the 5 Chicago shows are on a wed, thur, sun, mon and thur. Just doesn't make sense to not at least try to take advantage of a fri-sat to help with sales. Yes, it does make a difference.

Seems like they've left The week between Montreal and Chicago empty on purpose, though.

Seems like they've left The week between Montreal and Chicago empty on purpose, though.

Yeah, probably one or more of them have family business like a graduation, or something like that. Also the big Live Earth thing is the day after the last Montreal show, conceivable they could play the New York area one.

Back
Top Bottom