U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The GA for stockholm is also print with hard ticket as an option, but i was like $5 more or something then. Also got the tickets on my AXS app with QR code. Apperantly the Red Zone ticket will be some souvenir. Got GA for Stockholm 1 and 2 , seat for 3 and RZ for 4.

Never gotten scammed when buying print tickets from fan-sites at face value. :) Not sure how safe stubhub is from scammers though.

good feedback. Again, I don't currently have any CC tickets, I was just wondering if I did decide to get them ever.

And for the poster -- I've never heard of entering an 8 letter passcode before purchases. Most of time you need to entry the 3 to 4 digit security number on the back or front of your card depending...

Most of the time it's "stolen" it's really just a bot like system trying numbers they tell you. And it can happen to anyone these days.

I also have Anthem insurance which was hacked, so I think we are at the point where you can't assume it won't happen to you. It will.

Anyway -- I just found out there is an 8th NYC U2 show, but I didn't get an email from U2.com, but saw it on another website. Odd. I guess they got tired of sending them out...

Anyway -- I just found out there is an 8th NYC U2 show, but I didn't get an email from U2.com, but saw it on another website. Odd. I guess they got tired of sending them out...

Well I'm sure all the U2.com members have used their presale by this stage so maybe there is no point.
It would be piss easy to get GA or RZ or whatever you wanted in the presale.

good feedback. Again, I don't currently have any CC tickets, I was just wondering if I did decide to get them ever.

And for the poster -- I've never heard of entering an 8 letter passcode before purchases. Most of time you need to entry the 3 to 4 digit security number on the back or front of your card depending...

Most of the time it's "stolen" it's really just a bot like system trying numbers they tell you. And it can happen to anyone these days.

I also have Anthem insurance which was hacked, so I think we are at the point where you can't assume it won't happen to you. It will.

It's in swedish but it looks something like this: http://i.imgur.com/p86HhgK.png

"Verified by Visa", i have to type in a password before the purchuase goes through. After i have typed in the rest of my CC info. My Mastercard have the same type of "safety net"..

They have verified by Visa in the US too. Got to that point ordering tix for Boston, and the page froze after I entered my password, so I proceeded to enter my Discover card info to Ticketmaster so I could eliminate that step. Visa has since lost out on 4 ticketmaster sales from me and will continue to do so going forward.

Got two tickets down low section 112 for Friday MSG on livenation pre sale. Should be a fun week!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel fortunate that I'm only a 6 hour drive from the nearest shows in Chicago. I've gone there twice for U2, in 2005 & 2009. I can't imagine living anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line. You'd think they'd have at least thrown Atlanta and Dallas a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I feel fortunate that I'm only a 6 hour drive from the nearest shows in Chicago. I've gone there twice for U2, in 2005 & 2009. I can't imagine living anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line. You'd think they'd have at least thrown Atlanta and Dallas a pair.

The shouthern US is quite a small market for bands like U2 and artists like Springsteen for example. I guess they like theyr Garth Brooks etc alot more there! Springsteen for example only does arena shows in Dallas but huge stadium concerts in Gothenburg.

Check out Madonna's sales. Tickets more expensive than U2, and just 1 show in Chicago is far from being sold out , even without rear stage seating. Other cities are the same story.

You should see how many tickets are left to see paul mccartney at my local arena,the nia in birmingham england

Theres loads and loads

All the cheaper seats have gone but there wasnt many of them at all,most of the tickets are £145. You can even get 6 tickets together 2 blocks from the front.

Check out Madonna's sales. Tickets more expensive than U2, and just 1 show in Chicago is far from being sold out , even without rear stage seating. Other cities are the same story.
Regardless of demand, more shows will be added, just like U2. And the shows will sell out the week of the show. The prices for Madonna's tour are the same as past tours, but now most of the lower bowl is $355, and most of the upper level is $170. I think the entire floor has been reserved for VIP packages (and are much more expensive than U2's VIP packages), which is ridiculous. Guy O. loves his money.

(I plan to see Madonna on September 5th, but there's no way in hell that I'm paying $355 for a ticket)

You should see how many tickets are left to see paul mccartney at my local arena,the nia in birmingham england

Theres loads and loads

All the cheaper seats have gone but there wasnt many of them at all,most of the tickets are £145. You can even get 6 tickets together 2 blocks from the front.
Apparently people rather see him in London and Liverpool, those shows are sold out. :wink:

I'm sure Madonna's shows will eventually sell out, and I'm sure that most of those cities will add a second show, wether the first one sells out or not. Selling out shows doesn't seem to be as important anymore as extracting maximum amount of dollars from a market. The Rolling Stones had a 270 configuration in arenas, and most shows still had a few thousand unsold seats. However, the shows still grossed something like $4-5 million per night, so the unsold tickets weren't really part of the story. The Stones, Madonna and U2 are still THE BIGGEST draws in the world. That they can still perform like they do at those prices is impressive. However, the ceiling has been reached of what people think a concert ticket is worth.

The worst selling U2 show this year has to be Chicago 5, and even at that it's at least 80% sold. By show day, I imagine it'll be 90% sold out. It's not like some of the poorly attended Popmart shows, where there were 20,000 unsold tickets in the stadium. A couple thousand unsold tickets in an arena isn't a big deal, especially when it's 1 of 5 shows in Chicago. The first 3 are basically sold out, night 4 will probably be sold out by show day.

Yes, they thought they could get 6 shows in Chicago and 8 shows in Los Angeles, and they have fallen short of those expectations. But really, most of the shows will be sold out. Shows like LA 5, Chicago 5, Boston 4, Montreal 4 might have a couple thousand unsold tickets, but it'll hardly be noticeable when you're actually there. If U2 were charging Vertigo Tour prices right now, all shows would've been sold out by now.

I still think they might add a 6th show in Los Angeles, as unnecessary as it might be. A 6th show in Chicago on July 3rd would be a death sentence, but if they don't mind playing to a 3/4 full arena, they might as well go for it. The Grateful Dead are playing Soldier Field that same night (also July 4th and 5th), so that might put the Kibosh on U2's July 3rd Chicago plans.

My God? Madonna tix even more than U2?? So I guess we can put the "greedy u2" argument to rest, that this is probably a Live Nation/Oseary thing?

I actually shudder to think how they're going to handle the stadium/SOE NA shows. Let's hope they take a reckless gamble that you know, some parts of the US other than the coasts (sans Miami) have U2 fans. How much do you think stadium shows might be?

I thank God that I live 3 hrs away from the only NA venue doing hard tix only. I can't imagine the nightmare I'd go through otherwise. Oh boy...this entrance into the venue thing is going to be...interesting.

Got two tickets down low section 112 for Friday MSG on livenation pre sale. Should be a fun week!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on vacation and wasn't keeping close track, so I didn't even hear that there were non-fan club presales for this show until about 4PM this afternoon! After a frustrating hour and a half throwing back a lot of mediocre $312 lowers and $118 200 seats, I took a break for dinner and exercise but decided to try again after all that - after throwing back a few more $118 tix in the 200s, I finally scored an $86 seat in Sec 111 at about 8:15pm. This was on the MSG presale code. YAY! I may still try for a GA on Friday, but at least I am in with something I would be satisfied with. :D

My God? Madonna tix even more than U2?? So I guess we can put the "greedy u2" argument to rest, that this is probably a Live Nation/Oseary thing?

So what you think the members of U2 don't know how much their tickets cost?
They are well aware of and approve the ticket prices.

Had they done a Live Nation presale for other shows this tour?

I peaked at the tickets and the $300 ones were okay locations, but the $100 seat offerings were weak. It didn't appear that any of the cheaper seats were available, and obviously no GAs. I wonder if they were specifically posting some of the less interesting seats for the presale, knowing that Friday will gobble up the GA and good upper level ones?

(And I say "less interesting" assuming that pretty much every seat at MSG will be pretty great.)

Had they done a Live Nation presale for other shows this tour?

I peaked at the tickets and the $300 ones were okay locations, but the $100 seat offerings were weak. It didn't appear that any of the cheaper seats were available, and obviously no GAs. I wonder if they were specifically posting some of the less interesting seats for the presale, knowing that Friday will gobble up the GA and good upper level ones?

(And I say "less interesting" assuming that pretty much every seat at MSG will be pretty great.)

There definitely were no Live Nation or MSG venue presales for the other NYC shows, which is why it took me by surprise that there were three of them for this show (regular Live Nation password presale, Live Nation mobile app presale, and MSG presale)!

Apparently people rather see him in London and Liverpool, those shows are sold out. :wink:

I noticed that,london has an extra show aswell.

Id love to see him again but the £150 price ticket puts me off if im honest.

The last 2 tours that came to Sweden was really expensive for stadium concerts. In 2009 the demand were huge due to that she hadnt been here for 20 something years...then in 2012 the concert sold like 2/3 of its tickets because people hated the 2009 tour, people also hated the new one. I really dont think the Stockholm show will sell out.

The last 2 tours tanked among concert goers. The problems with Madonna is that her concerts is like a musical or a vegas show and she is like allways 1-2 hours late on stage, people hate her diva personality here in Sweden too.

That's why people love Bruce here, the setlists are allways tossed around etc. He comes across as a hardworking guy that loves his fans. I would say U2 and Bruce Springsteen and maybe Metallica as 3rd is the most popular concert acts in Sweden atleast, the shows allways have huge demand that sells out in hours or less on Day 1! Bruce played 2x record breaking (more than 66k at both) Ullevi concerts in July 2012 and was universally hailed by everyone there and then returned in May 2013 in Stockholm and played 3x in sold out Friends Arena that holds about 55k.

The Macca concert is even more expensive than both Madonna and U2

When is this 6th london show being announced?i wanna buy more tickets ????

When is this 6th london show being announced?i wanna buy more tickets ????

This trickling out dates business is kind of annoying. Surely there is demand for a 6th London show. Also, wasn't there supposed to be 2 more shows in Cologne? There's room for it. If they feel demand isn't there there is surely another city in Europe that could use 2 shows.

I'm still thinking U2 will add a 6th Los Angeles show on June 4th. As for the proposed LA shows on June 7th and 8th, I doubt those will happen. But there's no reason they can't tack on a pair of shows in Vegas, Denver, Dallas, or anywhere else really to make up for those missed dates. It'd just be silly to not play anywhere simply because LA couldn't support 8 shows.

London 6 will get added, theres only single £165 tickets left and a small number of tickets together in the 4 corners of the lower bowl at £165 a pop!

yeah even MSG hadn't sold out

crap shows, crap albums and high ticket prices having a bit of an impact

yeah even MSG hadn't sold out

crap shows, crap albums and high ticket prices having a bit of an impact

The shows focuses entirely on the new songs too and she only does some funky remixed versions of the classics people want to hear.

U2.com have updated there tour section

In europe the only two shows left with tickets are london 5 and Glasgow 1. They maybe tickets left for other shows but they must be at a very small number as all the shows are classed as sold out.

In America theres tickets left for LA 1,2 and 5. Montreal 3 and 4,Chicago 4 and 5 Boston 3 and 4 , New York 7 and 8

13 dates with tickets left out of 67 at this stage is really good i think.

So is there just LA 6, Chicago 6 and London 6 left to be added?

Where are these presale codes people speak of? Google ? Or too late I bet...

Back
Top Bottom