Anaheim, Denver, Chicago, Miami and New York presale/general sale info thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone else notice that there was NO option to pick the tickets up from a retail location for an extra $2? I was able to do this for the Rose Bowl concert and got my tickets the same day I ordered them.

After looking at all the shipping options, Ticketfast / Print-at-Home was also unavailable.

The only way to get the tickets delivered soon (and not wait for the free standard mail option, which I know is a possibility, but takes forever and I've had delivery issues with it in the past) was to select a 3-day UPS option for $14.50!!!!

I've already received all of the presale tickets I purchased, (NY, Anaheim, Oakland, Denver and Miami) via regular snail mail.

Yes, I was very pleasantly surprised.

yeah, the "standard mail" option seems to moving pretty fast right now

I was fortunate enough to get 4 GA tickets to 6/6 Anaheim, but I have to go on a little rant here (sorry).

Did anyone else notice that there was NO option to pick the tickets up from a retail location for an extra $2? I was able to do this for the Rose Bowl concert and got my tickets the same day I ordered them.

After looking at all the shipping options, Ticketfast / Print-at-Home was also unavailable.

The only way to get the tickets delivered soon (and not wait for the free standard mail option, which I know is a possibility, but takes forever and I've had delivery issues with it in the past) was to select a 3-day UPS option for $14.50!!!!

Is anybody else SICK and TIRED of the egregious fees piled on us by Ticketbastard / Crap Nation?!?!?! They CLEARLY could have offered a retail pick-up option this time around for $12 less, but instead decided to rape us ONCE AGAIN for their own profit. So again a "$54.50 ticket" turns out being over $70 after all the bullcrap fees (which mostly go straight into the aforementioned cuplrits' pockets).

Sorry, this really sucked for me, and I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

hmmm , they offer "TicketFast®: NOW (Recommended)" which is print at home for reserved seats

i wonder if General Admission will have a separate entrance? or if the no ticketfast is to prevent fraud

Yeah, but they never did a GA ticket drop, only $250 seats from what I experienced and read about

yes, usually only the highest prices seats are held and then dropped so bad news for us cheapskates (or they may release obstructed view for lower price ranges)

I was trying for the $30 seats but the only tickets available were behind the stage in sections 307 and 345. It looks like it would be somewhat of an obstructed view.

yes, usually only the highest prices seats are held and then dropped so bad news for us cheapskates (or they may release obstructed view for lower price ranges)

On past tours (Vertigo and Elevation) they did release GA Floor tickets on the day of the concert or the week before. And they did do some GA Field drops on the North American leg for most shows, just not the Rose Bowl concert (from what I'm aware of).

Both. I don't think they've allowed Ticketfast for most if not all GA tickets for the 1st US leg.

It's a bit of an exception, but I know that some GA tix for the Rose Bowl were Ticketfast. Our friends left their hard tickets in their hotel room in Vegas (yeah, wow!) :doh: and were on the phone with/TM for a couple of hours. TM finally emailed them replacement tickets.

It's a bit of an exception, but I know that some GA tix for the Rose Bowl were Ticketfast. Our friends left their hard tickets in their hotel room in Vegas (yeah, wow!) :doh: and were on the phone with/TM for a couple of hours. TM finally emailed them replacement tickets.

Wow, that's interesting . . . I thought there was no ticketfast GA's at all this tour! I know there were some big problems with Ticketfast fraud during the Vertigo Tour, notably in Boston on the first leg.

My roommate called to tell me that he got 2 Anaheim GA from this morning's sale. Talk about luck of the draw.

As I recally retail pick-up was not an option for presale or general sale last spring when I ordered my Gillette tickets. This time around it was an option during all sales, but I don't recall seeing ticketfast as an option for the general sale GAs at NJ. :hmm:

U2.com is showing a 2nd Anaheim show for Monday June 7th! No presale info yet, but the public sale starts Friday Nov. 20th.

:hyper:
the pre-sale info is posted right at the top of the tour page, it's the same as Philly and Seattle

wow, how fast did these shows sell out? wtf...I'm glad I did pre sale for Anaheim...but I used up my code...so now I just have to do general sale i guess

So today i got destroyed and couldnt get any tickets for the general sale. my teachers computer lagged and yeah it was terrible. we ditched our last to classes and left at lunch to try and get them around 12 :30 but they were already gone...

But yeah tonight im going to buy a u2.com subscription in order go get presale priority and get 5 GA's for Anahiem 2.

So today i got destroyed and couldnt get any tickets for the general sale. my teachers computer lagged and yeah it was terrible. we ditched our last to classes and left at lunch to try and get them around 12 :30 but they were already gone...

But yeah tonight im going to buy a u2.com subscription in order go get presale priority and get 5 GA's for Anahiem 2.

Please be aware you can only buy 4 tickets with your code (just don't want you to buy the membership thinking you can get 5 tickets), and there is no guarantee there will still be GA's late in the pre-sale. Good luck to you! :wave:

Please be aware you can only buy 4 tickets with your code (just don't want you to buy the membership thinking you can get 5 tickets), and there is no guarantee there will still be GA's late in the pre-sale. Good luck to you! :wave:

Thank you, I guess someone might get thrown out seeing how they cant really make up there mind if they want to go to the show. LOL. yeah we 4 are pretty hardcore so yeah its all good. It wont really be too bad with one person short. Haha

So how big of a chance to i have of being tickets for GA tomorrow if i buy my u2.com prescription tonight?

So how big of a chance to i have of being tickets for GA tomorrow if i buy my u2.com prescription tonight?
Zero percent chance. Being a brand new member, you'd have to wait until noon on Wednesday.

Thank you, I guess someone might get thrown out seeing how they cant really make up there mind if they want to go to the show. LOL. yeah we 4 are pretty hardcore so yeah its all good. It wont really be too bad with one person short. Haha

Zero percent chance. Being a brand new member, you'd have to wait until noon on Wednesday.

But, there were plenty of GAs in the Anaheim presale 1, no?

I think with people having already used up their codes, the odds are quite good that there will be GAs for all presale groups.

By the way, just to clarify, I meant zero percent chance for getting tickets tomorrow. With most people having already used up their presale codes, there should be a decent opportunity to snag tickets on Wednesday or Thursday.
But, there were plenty of GAs in the Anaheim presale, no?
I don't know. Didn't some Boots and Magnificent people say they couldn't get any? (Though I think some folks checked later and got some.)

Back
Top Bottom