3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where are they camped, in case I decide to go that way? It would be nice to have at least one show with totally unobstructed views (I know it's still not guaranteed, as the Vibee people get in first).

I think they had it going at the Northeast part of the building, on the sidewalk next to the corner of Sands Ave. and Manhattan St. (not too far from the GA entrances). That's also where they met up the following morning too.

Also, from what I heard, it seems like they let the VIP GAs and "regular" GAs in at the exact same time. This made sense as the people I saw on the rail seemed to be a mix from both groups.

Can confirm Headache’s notes about timing. Walked in at 7:15 and was about 8 people back on Adam’s corner. Honestly I could have gotten to that spot as late as 8pm, that’s when it started to fill up.

Should probably note that this was the Wed 10/11 show. I wouldn’t be surprised if trevgreg is right about weekend shows filling up a little faster. Still, unless you really want to be on the rail, an hour ahead of time will be plenty.

Honestly the furthest back in GA is still really close! I live in Chicago and that would be about halfway back at a place like Aragon.

Last edited:
Looking at pictures from opening weekend vs. what I saw 10/7 and 10/8, I feel like there may be more people on the floor.

I think they had it going at the Northeast part of the building, on the sidewalk next to the corner of Sands Ave. and Manhattan St. (not too far from the GA entrances). That's also where they met up the following morning too.

Thanks.

Anyone see specific dates while the tweet was still up?

Last edited:
So looking at a calendar seems to provide an estimate that the last of the shows for this could (though probably not) go up to Super Bowl weekend. HA HA HA. No. Looks like I might stick with my early December tentative return.

I doubt they play on Superb Owl weekend.
I'd guess if its 4 consecutive weeks shows will be 1/10, 1/12, 1/13, 1/17, 1/19, 1/20, 1/24, 1/26, 1/27, 1/31, 2/2 & 2/3

Yeah, probably not the week of the SB. But that potential is enough to make me decide to go back in December instead of waiting it out based on new dates. Airfare was not pretty but I am booked for a quick Friday to Sunday run. :hyper:

What was / is the list deal if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

:D

No worries! Long story short, the "List" is the method some U2 fans have used since 2001-ish to start a GA lineup in the days leading up to the North American show. Someone will get to the venue and hold a notebook while singing up names in the order which people come by. There might be "check in" times associated with it, depending on how early any list was started (which is sometimes days in advance and is almost never advertised online on social media and such - people are just expected to know about it ahead of time and see someone holding a notebook, etc.).

Typically, security for the venues will usually go along with it, and these fans will line up a few hours before they're supposed to at the venue (with the people running the List taking off people that don't arrive at said time - or don't check in at the times beforehand), then the line will start to be treated like an "official" one.

It's caused some drama over the years, because while most bands usually just have fans that'll show up the day of the show at whatever time and stick it out, this process has sort of become convoluted and causes headaches for people who see it as unnecessary. It also is a source of frustration for fans who aren't aware of the system, as it's extremely unofficial, and just show up at the time the venue says people should start showing up for GA. And when those fans are sometimes allowed by the venue to be first because they followed the venue's rules, other fans will sometimes be outright hostile to them for not following "the rules" of List lineups. That's just a fraction of the stories or situations though, really!

The band hasn't done anything about it though, which usually is taken as them supporting the situation ultimately. So while it's a lot of drama, it's probably something you have to work with if you'd like to have a rail or front row spot at a U2 show. But as many on here point out, if you're not too worked up about that, you can usually show up at doors or an hour before and after and be right behind the List people anyway! And as dramatic as it can be, there are positive for it too, as you end up meeting a lot of hard core fans who sign up for the process anyway.

Last edited:
As a former nerd with a notebook and sharpies for a couple Vertigo shows, just want to clarify that check-ins didn’t start until Vertigo Honolulu in 2006 when some Zootopia Uber nerds started the “line” DAYS before the show while in beautiful Hawaii. It has gone downhill from there. Prior to that there was a list but it was just to serve as a fail safe. As people arrived to get and stay in line, either the night before or the day of the show, people were given a number and their name recorded on the list in case some smart ass decided to sharpie their own hand and cut in line.

Yessss Vertigo Chicago was still you get in line and stay in line, leave only for bathroom break or to grab food quickly.

One week 'til my show and trip is now in jeopardy.
Dog is in the animal hospital awaiting a consult with an ophthalmologist. Might have to do surgery, already spent more on her the past 2 weeks than the whole Vegas trip cost including anticipated gambling money.

FML.

Dog is in the animal hospital awaiting a consult with an ophthalmologist. Might have to do surgery, already spent more on her the past 2 weeks than the whole Vegas trip cost including anticipated gambling money.

FML.

Fingers crossed it all works out!

FML.

Oh no I hope your dog will be ok ?

FML.

Ugh. Sorry. :sad:

Sending good vibes for all.

Thanks everyone.
Hoping she just needs different medications and eye drops and that the dog sitter can handle administering them. Will know more later.

Thanks everyone.
Hoping she just needs different medications and eye drops and that the dog sitter can handle administering them. Will know more later.

Fingers crossed. It’s my non-divorce show, after all!

Back
Top Bottom