3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's go time

seinfeld-izzy-mandelbaum.gif

Trying my damnedest to avoid too many spoilers… quick GA question for those that went - if you didn’t do the morning lineup BS did you feel like you still had a decent spot?

See you all next Thursday - Sunday :wave:

Trying my damnedest to avoid too many spoilers… quick GA question for those that went - if you didn’t do the morning lineup BS did you feel like you still had a decent spot?

And how was the screen view and sound?

See you all next Thursday - Sunday :wave:
1000% yes. We got in the line around 6:20. Line was long but we were inside within 20 minutes, so it moved relatively quickly.

The floor is very small. The center and Edge's side fill up the quickest, as that's where you enter the floor. We walked over to Adam's side and it was very spacious. Spacious enough so that a bro could puke on the floor and not hit anyone, or for a Trabant to drive by.

And how was the screen view and sound?
Zero issues. Sound was very clean, maybe too clean at times. I felt like there were a couple of times where certain audio channels dropped momentarily but it wasn't overly noticeable.

Visually it's stunning. The resolution is so crisp that there's no concern over distortion from being so close whatsoever. The majority of what's happening is focused directly behind the band, as I always assumed. Yes, there are moments where you have to look up or you'll miss something, but only a handful. If you were under the dreaded overhang I don't think you would have even noticed that you missed anything.

1000% yes. We got in the line around 6:20. Line was long but we were inside within 20 minutes, so it moved relatively quickly.

The floor is very small. The center and Edge's side fill up the quickest, as that's where you enter the floor. We walked over to Adam's side and it was very spacious. Spacious enough so that a bro could puke on the floor and not hit anyone, or for a Trabant to drive by.

Zero issues. Sound was very clean, maybe too clean at times. I felt like there were a couple of times where certain audio channels dropped momentarily but it wasn't overly noticeable.

Visually it's stunning. The resolution is so crisp that there's no concern over distortion from being so close whatsoever. The majority of what's happening is focused directly behind the band, as I always assumed. Yes, there are moments where you have to look up or you'll miss something, but only a handful. If you were under the dreaded overhang I don't think you would have even noticed that you missed anything.
Appreciate the spoiler free review!

I sucked back into the facepalm group and, uh, yea it's time to just leave that altogether lol.

People who weren't even there complaining about how it looked lol

Bruh you can not appreciate what that building is capable of without seeing it in person. Whatever your thoughts on what it looks like from a photo is nothing compared to what you see with your own two eyes.

Are the merch booths open after the show too? No way I’m buying a poster at a gig and being lumbered with it for the next few hours.

I’m trying to stay spoiler free, but have read the reviews, which are all saying it’s a 5* show and reinvents what a live gig can be.

I sucked back into the facepalm group and, uh, yea it's time to just leave that altogether lol.

People who weren't even there complaining about how it looked lol

Bruh you can not appreciate what that building is capable of without seeing it in person. Whatever your thoughts on what it looks like from a photo is nothing compared to what you see with your own two eyes.

I take offense. I made up my mind while watching Portland Andy’s YouTube feed and I’m never changing my mind.

Media reviews — and I’m only reading headlines — seem generally ecstatic?

You mean the ones written a week ahead of time so they could publish them on time for east coast?

I love u2. But they get good press before during and after it happens. Which is fine by me.

You mean the ones written a week ahead of time so they could publish them on time for east coast?

I love u2. But they get good press before during and after it happens. Which is fine by me.

I just mean the ones online I guess.

Often, with the internet, articles are able to be put up on websites within minutes of when they are written and do not have to be printed for the public to read them.

No -- I'm saying they wrote 90% of them BEFORE the show happened and filled in the blanks... I'm mocking the critics of these things as it's just one big PR machine. Do I read them all -- yes. Do I love them getting good press --- yesss. Almost like they get free tickets to these things...

But the real reviews are the fans who see things objectively and without bias... oh wait nevermind.

Media reviews — and I’m only reading headlines — seem generally ecstatic?
The Irish Times collected the major ones.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...here-in-las-vegas-what-the-first-reviews-say/

The Guardian: An utterly astonishing, admirably raw Vegas extravaganza

USA Today: U2 open Sphere Las Vegas with swagger and spectacle. U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at Sphere” performance is a marvel.

The Telegraph: This spectacular concert will change live entertainment forever

Billboard: Sphere never overshadows U2, Sphere magnifies U2′

Random Guy On Facebook Who Watched A Shitty Live Stream: Meh

No -- I'm saying they wrote 90% of them BEFORE the show happened and filled in the blanks... I'm mocking the critics of these things as it's just one big PR machine. Do I read them all -- yes. Do I love them getting good press --- yesss. Almost like they get free tickets to these things...

But the real reviews are the fans who see things objectively and without bias... oh wait nevermind.

I'm as cynical as the next guy, but these media outlet writers get free press tickets. They WANT to see the show. Why would they make up stuff when they'll be able to write from a legitimate POV after having seen it?

The Irish Times collected the major ones.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...here-in-las-vegas-what-the-first-reviews-say/

The Guardian: An utterly astonishing, admirably raw Vegas extravaganza

USA Today: U2 open Sphere Las Vegas with swagger and spectacle. U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at Sphere” performance is a marvel.

The Telegraph: This spectacular concert will change live entertainment forever

Billboard: Sphere never overshadows U2, Sphere magnifies U2′

Random Guy On Facebook Who Watched A Shitty Live Stream: Meh

One quote that I found interesting from the Billboard review, and it's a non-specific spoiler that I'll put in tags:

a turntable segment that will feature different non-Achtung Baby songs each night over the 25-show run.

Taylor Swift, her influence.

I know the band has kind of done this before, but if they're going to widen the net more than usual, this should be very cool.

Also, I got a reminder from Ticketmaster about some show details, and it mentioned downloading U2's AR experience app. Isn't that something leftover from the last tour?

Tried to click on the link in the email and it didn't do anything.

Got into an argument with a guy on Facebook,who after last night decided they are finished and the new song is an assault on his ears. Said I was deflecting and making excuses for them.

Also, I got a reminder from Ticketmaster about some show details, and it mentioned downloading U2's AR experience app. Isn't that something leftover from the last tour?

Tried to click on the link in the email and it didn't do anything.

I think it is, no one has mentioned anything about AR or that app for this show.

Back
Top Bottom