2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide was damn good. U2 were relaxed. The GA crowd went nuts big time. Streets was a moment to behold. The place simply went off.

I thought Sydney 2 was better than Sydney 3. Could be that Sydney 2 was my first GA experience so I went bonkers. I thought U2 played better, more intense vs. the relaxed 3rd show, and I liked the intensity.

Adelaide saw Bono the most relaxed. He joked and had fun.

Sadly its was a non alcohol event and it was freezing. I don't blame U2 not going there on this leg. It lacked everything.

It was. We were there at the end of the of the catwalk on Adams side. But the rest of the stands didnt, they were lame, almost in a coma. it really was a major let down. A non alcohol event for the only show on the the oz leg. I knew then they wouldnt go back. Plus it was freezing there.

Given that Perth are the final dates of the leg, is there likely to be anything 'special' happen at those shows, since they haven't been there in 12(?) years or so? Not sure if I should go or not and out of Brisbane and Perth, which one should I choose do you think? :lol:

Given that Perth are the final dates of the leg, is there likely to be anything 'special' happen at those shows, since they haven't been there in 12(?) years or so? Not sure if I should go or not and out of Brisbane and Perth, which one should I choose do you think? :lol:

Brisbane still has tickets not taken by scalpers :wave:

South America but no Japan (while they're down there in Australia and New Zealand) ? Surely Japan has stadiums that can fit the Claw.

They probably do, but perhaps no DOMED stadiums that can fit it, which they would need in Nov./Dec. (other years at that time were indoors/domed).

And U2 never did any winter/autumn shows in the Northern Hemisphere in their career ?

I don't think they did any outdoor stadium shows at that time and in that kind of climate, no. Besides, why talk about this in a thread about shows in the Southern Hemisphere?

you clearly didn't go to the Melbourne shows !

First Melbourne gig, the casuals milling around near the soundboard seemed more excited by the Rock The Casbah snippet than by Sunday Bloody Sunday.

But they dug The Fly so I guess it evens out.

you clearly didn't go to the Melbourne shows !

Last time I was the only person I could see standing for miles. A few people stood up for the recogniseable songs then sat down again soon after.

I don't think they did any outdoor stadium shows at that time and in that kind of climate, no. Besides, why talk about this in a thread about shows in the Southern Hemisphere?

Because Japanese U2 shows are often played alongside Australia and New Zealand dates. If they don't have a suitable stadium, that would be a logical explanation why Japan seems to be missing out.

So will they be bringing over their super 360 tour plane to tour the country with or do they not do that? I want to see it :wink:

Because Japanese U2 shows are often played alongside Australia and New Zealand dates. If they don't have a suitable stadium, that would be a logical explanation why Japan seems to be missing out.

If U2360 went to Japan after the Aussie / New Zealand dates, I think they'll end up at the Tokyo Dome. Though in Vertigo they were scheduled to play at Nissan Stadium in Yokohama, so I don't know. Does The Claw even fit under the Dome?

i didn't click those spoilers.

it's gonna be a hard few months :sigh:

:grumpy: . . . dammit :D . . . they won't bite . . . promise :laugh:

no!

:lol:

but I have to say that in light of all the good stuff that has been happening during this leg of the tour, it is safe to bet that the NZ/Aussie leg is going to be simply fan-flipping-tabulous :cute:

They played ...

Mercy today, with an awesome Edge solo, he's on fire. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom