2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that the "6 UK shows" has mistakenly included the Rep. of Ireland.

2 x Dub
2 x Belfast
1 x Wembley
1 x Northern England

You may be right Hedge. Still cannot really see where in the North though? Somewhere like Sunderland would probably be ideal as you could tempt the Scottish fans as well, but then you come back to problem of the football season. Gateshead perhaps? It's no smaller than Don Valley.

i think that the "6 UK shows" has mistakenly included the Rep. of Ireland.

2 x Dub
2 x Belfast
1 x Wembley
1 x Northern England

I think two shows in Belfast and two more in Dublin would be too many. The cities are only 80 miles apart! And with much, much smaller populations than many cities in Britain. Although I guess the venue in Belfast would be relatively small, smaller than Horsens!

I think two shows in Belfast and two more in Dublin would be too many. The cities are only 80 miles apart! And with much, much smaller populations than many cities in Britain. Although I guess the venue in Belfast would be relatively small, smaller than Horsens!

Don't forget that a lot of foreigners will come to Dublin to see U2 play a home gig. They may also go to Belfast if the shows are close to each other.
Then again, I don't see 2 shows in belfast happen. More likely one show there, and a Glasgow show.

You may be right Hedge. Still cannot really see where in the North though? Somewhere like Sunderland would probably be ideal as you could tempt the Scottish fans as well, but then you come back to problem of the football season. Gateshead perhaps? It's no smaller than Don Valley.

Then maybe the band will consider playing a flat field venue.
If the rumour about Slane comes true, then i would say Roundhay Park, Leeds is as good a place as any.

Or possibly Edinburgh.

:hmm: Their first slane concert was indeed in 1981, supporting Thin Lizzy. Could be something.. but I've no clue if there is already a Slane gig planned there for the year.

Only thing I've heard about Ireland was that U2 would be the first to play the new Aviva stadium.

Funny how they're only doing Jo'burg and Cape Town again, when a lot of other bands include at least Durban in their schedule. I suppose other bands aren't playing venues quite so large though.

Yeah- Why not Durban?

Is it because of the risk of over-saturation?:confused:

Then maybe the band will consider playing a flat field venue.
If the rumour about Slane comes true, then i would say Roundhay Park, Leeds is as good a place as any.

I think the claw would look great in places such as Roundhay, Milton Keynes, both almost natural ampitheatres, but U2 (PM?) seem hellbent on playing stadiums to give great views to all. I suspect the real reason is an excuse to charge premium price tickets. I wonder how a flat rate, (remember those days?) would affect the gross on a show?

I wonder just how portable the temporary seating structures they're putting up in Montreal are? Maybe they could fill another 20 trucks with them!? Then they could put the claw in any old field they get permission for e.g. where they play T in the Park in Balado, Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom