2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the mystery of why there wasn't a weekend Sydney show has been solved. Linkin Park has just announced a show at Acer on the Saturday.

I bribed my brother into coming to U2 in return for me going to Linkin Park at some stage. Looks like the dates have worked out perfectly for us - not that I'm too impressed about having to go to Linkin Park :lol:

My local tv will kill me very soon :ohmy:

According this morning news U2 are comming on 31th March to La Plata, Argentina.

Anyway, I think that is just a local rumour cos I can't find anything on international news.

Does anyone know something else? I hate rumours!!! :angry:

I don't care about the opening really... I just want South American dates!!!! :hyper:

I'm waiting for the official announcement!!! :pray:

I won't believe it till then...

like Guguza says above...

According to Rolling Stone Argentina, U2, March 31, La Plata

U2 en Argentina | RollingStone Argentina

I'd say what's next for U2 is....

Australia / NZ
Japan
South Africa
South America (Argentina, Chile, (Peru?), Brasil)

but I hope the Open in Chile :drool:

I think your logistics works perfectly. Japan and South Africa in Feb, and South America starting in March. Would be nice to see them play a couple nights at the Yokohama Stadium or Saitama Stadium. I like the possible stadium in Argentina, it's smaller, but it looks like a nice venue.

Yeah, my grandma told me it a few minutes ago, but I told her that I won´t believe anything till seeing the dates on u2.com. However, if Live Nation says it...I´m a bit anxious about these rumours ._.

Won't be after the US shows - they will end in UK/Ireland, and it will be slightly chilly in Chile/Argentina then if they try to squeeze them in between - gonna be in the Feb-Apr timeframe or not at all.

Feb-April is the end of summer here, and basically de hottest days of the year

That's what I mean - will be in that timeframe rather than after the U.S. when it's late winter, especially if they do want to wrap the entire tour up at home.

This past saturday some of the 360 crew said the tour will pan out to this....

Aus/NZ South Africa/South America U.S./Canada UK/Ireland

they also said they are in talks to play a certain Irish castle again and the crew was told they should expect to work into 2012.

These articles are saying they will be in Argentina in 2011. They said they are trying to get River Plate stadium, but if that doesn't work it might be at Estadio Unico de la plata. Oh yeah it also says they will bring two stages. cut down on the costs for sure!

U2 visitara la argentina en 2011 y tocara en river - Yahoo! Noticias

U2 viene, pero no se sabe bien a dónde

This one says it will be in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and possibly Peru.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1304652

they also said they are in talks to play a certain Irish castle again and the crew was told they should expect to work into 2012.

This idea of continuing the tour into 2012 would have nothing to do with artistic matters but just to make sure that the next Rolling stones tour won't surpasse 360 tour numbers.

These articles are saying they will be in Argentina in 2011. They said they are trying to get River Plate stadium, but if that doesn't work it might be at Estadio Unico de la plata. Oh yeah it also says they will bring two stages. cut down on the costs for sure!

U2 visitara la argentina en 2011 y tocara en river - Yahoo! Noticias

U2 viene, pero no se sabe bien a dónde

This one says it will be in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and possibly Peru.

U2 realizar en marzo de 2011 su gira sudamericana - lanacion.com

According to T4F, they will not play in La Plata; they are trying to get the corresponding authorization to play in River and if that fails the second options is Velez Sarsfield Stadium (which is a tiny bit small for this kind of gig in my opinion).

Either way, I just want T4F to confirm the bloody dates 'cus it's doing my head in! lol I need this info asap so I can book my holliers from work and indulge in some good old U2 madness. :D

the crew was told they should expect to work into 2012.

the crew was told they should expect to work into 2012.

wow :drool: :ohmy:

that would be awesome if true!!!

:love:

great!! ...but where is Amsterdam in this list?

:drool:

*starts the lets get to ireland fund with the rest of the free world* :lol:

This idea of continuing the tour into 2012 would have nothing to do with artistic matters but just to make sure that the next Rolling stones tour won't surpasse 360 tour numbers.

Or might it have more to do with new album releases?

I thought when I first saw the '09 360 tour schedule that the band could probably maintain that type of tour schedule for a few consecutive years if they wanted to. It is not too punishing in terms of numbers of dates - play 1 and occasionally 2 nights per stadium rather than multiple indoor shows, plenty of rest time between legs and few weekend shows to give time with families.

I hope it keeps going as they are getting better all the time. Last Sunday in Zurich was the best I've ever seen them play in 18 years of attending U2 shows.

With that as a schedule for 2011 where on earth (literally!) would they play in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom