2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bypassing Adelaide.....interesting. Nice to see 60,000 fans being ignored.

"Tour Dates announced for Australia and New Zealand: U2360° will visit Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and include U2's first Perth date since Popmart in 1998.

'U2 has always been at their best when surrounded by their audience, and this extraordinary production makes that happen in stadiums,' says U2's manager Paul McGuinness. 'It was important to the band that we were able to bring the whole 360° production to Australia and New Zealand so fans could experience the latest of U2's legendary productions.'

The U2360° Tour kicked off again in Turin, Italy this month and will visit 17 cities, including Moscow and Istanbul, before finishing at the Olympic Stadium in Rome on 8th October. By the time it reaches New Zealand and Australia, U2360° will have been seen by over 4 million fans.

With a cylindrical video system of interlocking LED panels, and a steel structure rising 150 feet from the floor over a massive stage with rotating bridges, the band has truly created an intimate experience for concert goers. Long-time U2 Show Director Willie Williams has worked again with architect Mark Fisher (ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo), to create an innovative 360 design, which affords an unobstructed view for the audience.

'To have an in-the-round transportable stadium production is something that the touring industry has been trying to figure out for some time. The extra capacity U2 360° gives us means that there are a large number, several thousand in fact, of low priced tickets at every show', said U2 tour producer/promoter Arthur Fogel, CEO of Live Nation Global Touring.

In keeping with the concept that this tour is more about a unique staging configuration with excellent sight-lines tickets in all 5 cities will be available starting at $39.90 with general admission floor tickets available at $99.90. Additional reserved seat tickets also available starting at $99.90.

Tickets for the U2 performances in Australia and New Zealand will go on sale Friday, September 3rd at all usual outlets. U2.com subscribers will be able to buy tickets ahead of the public on-sale.

Australia & New Zealand Tour Dates 2009"<<<<<<<<<

November 25 Auckland, NZ Mt. Smart Stadium
December 01 Melbourne, AU Etihad Stadium
December 08 Brisbane, AU Suncorp Stadium
December 13 Sydney, AU ANZ Stadium
December 18 Perth, AU Subiaco Oval

Do you think they have a new time machine, what with the Edge mentioning all the "increased alien activity"......:ohmy::ohmy:

I had a wild notion to check flights to Perth from the U.S. since it'll be so close to Christmas.

:lol: :angry: Ain't gonna happen.

Great news for everyone in Australia and New Zealand though.

Will the tickets be available at ticketek? I queued up for 13 hours at Bondi Junction to get tickets for the vertigo tour. Do any Sydneysiders out there know if there are some obscure ticketek locations where there won't be too many people queuing up?

Will the tickets be available at ticketek? I queued up for 13 hours at Bondi Junction to get tickets for the vertigo tour. Do any Sydneysiders out there know if there are some obscure ticketek locations where there won't be too many people queuing up?

Sydney & Brisbane Ticketek, Melb & Perth Ticketmaster.

^^^^ shit kramwest, you've got me searching kayak.com after a drunken night out. ahhhh, it's all about the timing for me. cheap flights still, i have frequent flyer points to use, but mid-dec's about the busiest time of the year for me (i made it back for vertigo in mid-nov, but that was pushing it). guess i'll have to wait till next june '11 :angry:

looking at the ticketek site they've got some red zone info. but no word on whether it's a NA style auction, or the European (expensive) flat rate. some of my friends (with much higher disposible incomes than myself), who will struggle with GA on a weekday (these high paying jobs come with responsibilities), may be interested in the RZ option.

There were $39 tickets last time too, folks. They were shit.

I spent part of a show in a $30 seat in Vegas. Very back row of the stadium (side on view on Adam's side). had a great time, definitely worth seeing the CLAW from a distance, totally different experience from up close in GA. I think 360 lends itself to that, pulls the crowd a little closer. In saying that, I was row 44'ish, in a small single tiered stadium, with no roof whatsoever. sound quality may not be so great in the larger tiered stadiums with roofing.

I think if I was going for a $39 seat, I think I'd choose to be behind the stage, rather than the far end of the stadium.

WHOOP WHOOP Melbourne gig here i come...if i can blag tickets...i'm buggered if i'm joining U2.com tho' i'm gonna take my chances on the open market.
I'm assuming they'll be playing more than just the one gig...2 at melbourne?!? 1st and 2nd December ?
WHOOP WHOOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a faint glimmer of hope they will have an Adelaide show after they see how quickly tickets sell. However, if Adelaide does not get a show, i'll make it my mission to complain to them when I see them elsewhere. A few months back my friend that works at AAMI stadium said there was a block of a about three weeks at the end of November and into December where they were asked to work.

I have a faint glimmer of hope they will have an Adelaide show after they see how quickly tickets sell. However, if Adelaide does not get a show, i'll make it my mission to complain to them when I see them elsewhere. A few months back my friend that works at AAMI stadium said there was a block of a about three weeks at the end of November and into December where they were asked to work.

If they play Adelaide, probably would be December 4 or 5 by the looks of the gaps in the schedule.

Just checked on these dates on my calendar and the Melb one really doesn't make sense, Wednesday? All the others are near to or on weekends, and ready for extra dates (which will definitely happen) around those weekends, but even if Melb gets 3 shows, they'd want to space them to get to that following weekend. :hmm:

I wouldn't hold my breath for an Adelaide show, going by past performance, they add dates but they never add cities. Not down here anyways...

Well it has been extremely hard trying to keep a secret with everyone speculating what cities etc. I found out the good news on Thursday morning but had to keep my lips sealed.

Other possible dates that were given for second and third concerts were 26 Nov Akd, 3/4 Dec Melbourne, 9 Dec Brisb, 14 Dec Sydney and 19 Dec Perth.

Possible scenario: Based on the success of the 1st Melbourne show, they will be able to determine if demand is there for a 2nd and even 3rd show on the 3rd and 4th. If not, they might just add a 2nd show on Dec. 2nd, and add Adelaide in on Dec 5th, perhaps? Just an idea. 3 shows in Melbourne might be kinda steep, but I can see why that would appeal to them more than a single show in Adelaide. We'll see how this all unfolds.

i'm with the begster, if Adelaide isn't already on this list i find it very hard to believe that it will be added, particularly in lieu of added dates.

bypassing Adelaide.....interesting. Nice to see 60,000 fans being ignored.

Well they bypassed Perth last time. So it's our turn to miss out. :shrug:

:pray:

There were $39 tickets last time too, folks. They were shit.

I paid $200 a piece for shit seats last time, they were so bad I almost walked out. . . .

If I can get cheapish tickets and go more than one night then that's the way for me, no question. . . .ticket anxiety :crack: Might go old school and camp outside for tix. . . . . frickin' presales for credit card folks makin it hard for the little people with no $$ but truckloads of devotion. :grumpy:

Well it has been extremely hard trying to keep a secret with everyone speculating what cities etc. I found out the good news on Thursday morning but had to keep my lips sealed.

Other possible dates that were given for second and third concerts were 26 Nov Akd, 3/4 Dec Melbourne, 9 Dec Brisb, 14 Dec Sydney and 19 Dec Perth.

Yeah I've known since the end of the vertigo tour :wink:

Bon Jovi? Possibly...

Oh crap I just realised what's going to happen: Bono and Bon Jovi will do a cover of 'I Should Be So Lucky'. Either that or i'll go to a Melbourne gig and get a mouthful of Bon Jovi snippets.

Oh crap I just realised what's going to happen: Bono and Bon Jovi will do a cover of 'I Should Be So Lucky'. Either that or i'll go to a Melbourne gig and get a mouthful of Bon Jovi snippets.

:sigh:

Looks like we're living on a prayer, but it's my life.

I'm so excited :) By the way anyone you bought red zone tickets for GA Do you get a good view?

yes I did at Wembley - second night. Fantastic view and worth the extra £ - though would have preferred to be on Edge's side Mike ps hopefully coming down to catch them in Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom