2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, Bon Jovi's Oceania leg:

[...]
12/10/2010 Rod Laver Arena - Melbourne, Australia
12/11/2010 Etihad Stadium - Melbourne, Australia

Dear U2,

If you can sell two Melbourne gigs, please do the above and schedule the second date at Rod Laver. For perhaps the first time in history, Bon Jovi has set an example worth following.

Cheers,
Melbourne

Dear U2,

If you can sell two Melbourne gigs, please do the above and schedule the second date at Rod Laver. For perhaps the first time in history, Bon Jovi has set an example worth following.

Cheers,
Melbourne

Haha. Not gonna happen. But the stones did something similar a few years back. Stadiu
Gig in Sydney and Rod Laver in melb

well it is now three days since my jaw operation and i can still barely talk, eat, or drink, but this has put a bit of spring in my, umm, crawl.

Can I take all of Thanksgiving through Christmas off of school to go to the bottom of the world? I'll be in Chicago the weekend before Thanksgiving... I can just fly from there to Auckland... :hmm:

Although I'd probably have to give up graduating from high school to handle it. And I'd have to use my college fund to pay for it.

Still might be worth it...

i love people being enthusiastic about U2... but you would seriously postpone graduation and use your college funds just to see them in another country when you've already seen them on this tour?

well it is now three days since my jaw operation and i can still barely talk, eat, or drink, but this has put a bit of spring in my, umm, crawl.

:hug: glad you're on the mend . . .you'll be in fine fettle by December :up:

Danny! Say you will come to Perth or sydney with me! We can stopover via Adelaide and pickup Vlad too...

come to sydney come to sydney come to sydney . . . I won't bite too hard :wink:

Dear U2, you can easily fit an Adelaide date!!!

PS I've forgotten an Election is on

Would actually really like them to play Adelaide . . . would give me a fine excuse to call in on the rellies :lol: :laugh:

so flipping excited I can barely sit still . . . :laugh:

b.r.e.a.t.h.e. :zen:

OK first I've seen or heard of this, still taking it with a bucket of salt till we see the official lowdown, but really,

NO ADELAIDE??????? :grumpy:

Hi my Melbourne and Sydney friends... :sexywink:

Assuming there is a second Sydney show on 14/12, then no, Muse can't. At least not for all dates. Doubt they'd do it here anyway; they're on the verge of being able to play Aussie stadiums in their own right. Their popularity here is closer to their European popularity rather than their US popularity, where the opening slot for U2 was valuable promotion.

yep agree with you there, I have MUSE Dec 19th at Steel Blue Oval (nowhere near Subiaco Oval) and there's already talk of U2 second show for Perth to be on 19th so that rules out any MUSE support

Danny! Say you will come to Perth or sydney with me! We can stopover via Adelaide and pickup Vlad too...

Oh yeah. :rockon:

OK first I've seen or heard of this, still taking it with a bucket of salt till we see the official lowdown, but really,

Don't worry, the Danny's will pick us up on the way. :wink:

hiiiiiiiii beg :sexywink:

yeah i'll (probably) come to sydney danny.

i still don't want to say things though, because we have no official announcement. surely the news will get completely swamped if they announce it tomorrow.

Do you have room for us to camp in you're backyard? :)

Oh yeah. :rockon:

Don't worry, the Danny's will pick us up on the way. :wink:

hiiiiiiiii beg :sexywink:

yeah i'll (probably) come to sydney danny.

i still don't want to say things though, because we have no official announcement. surely the news will get completely swamped if they announce it tomorrow.

:hyper: . . . :flirt: . . . backyard big enough for a circus tent :sexywink: . . . bring it :D (as long as you don't mind curious 11 year old twin boys investigating your abode in the wee small hours with sharp pointy sticks and a grumpy neighbour with a fondness for poking her hose over the fence when things get too noisy it's all good :laugh: )

. . . am trying very very very hard to be calm . . . and failing freakin' dismally :doh:

Hi everyone:wave: fellow Aus fan here!

Looks like they're bringing 4 stages by the sounds...

Except that they only have three.

The itinerary indicates they will only be bringing two that will leapfrog each other, one for NZ/Brissie/Perth and one for Melbourne/Sydney.

Items of note:
New Zealand concert Nov 25.
General admission and stadium seating UNDER $100

Seems nobody's said yet WHERE the NZ gig will be. Guessing Auckland.

And calling $99.90 "UNDER $100" is semantics at its best. With fees it'll over $100 anyway.

i love people being enthusiastic about U2... but you would seriously postpone graduation and use your college funds just to see them in another country when you've already seen them on this tour?

Lol, I was kidding.

360 down under december 2011

Opens Melbourne, etihad stadium, 1 December then tours
Onsale 3 september
See Heraldsun.com.au
OMFG HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!:applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom