2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine they could do reasonably well in Australia, after all Robbie Williams solo can sell out stadiums here. Maybe sell out a night in each of the five major centres. But good god, that UK popularity is off the charts. I love how we're all "wow, U2's sold over a million tickets total in the US this tour", while Take That sold over a million tickets IN A DAY in the UK, a smaller country too. Jesus.

Anyway, back on topic - interesting that U2.com doesn't say that Baltimore and St Louis are the last dates to be added to the North American tour schedule. More to come?

I imagine they could do reasonably well in Australia, after all Robbie Williams solo can sell out stadiums here. Maybe sell out a night in each of the five major centres. But good god, that UK popularity is off the charts. I love how we're all "wow, U2's sold over a million tickets total in the US this tour", while Take That sold over a million tickets IN A DAY in the UK, a smaller country too. Jesus.

Anyway, back on topic - interesting that U2.com doesn't say that Baltimore and St Louis are the last dates to be added to the North American tour schedule. More to come?

I'm betting on Hawaii between Oakland and Anaheim. Funny that we haven't heard anything from over there, though. :hmm:

If Take That was touring without Robbie Williams, would they have been able to sell that many tickets? Without Robbie, they would not have a successful world wide tour. even with Robbie Williams, arenas at most in the U.S.

Well, Take That are playing 7 shows there, so my guess would be no. :wink:

I could've sworn a Brit on Interference told me that concerts were banned at that stadium. Oh well.:shrug:

Anyway, the only Take That song I can think of is Back For Good. When did that come out? 1995?:lol:

Amazing how boy bands and girl groups find constant success in the UK, yet they last only 5 years here in NA.

Seven in London AND seven in Manchester!

Completely fucking mental UK/Ireland tour schedule: Progress Live 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't believe people still care, let alone 25 stadiums full of people.

I am honestly floored. I had no idea they were still that popular.

Guaranteed I could walk around town (here in the usa) and ask tons of people if they know who Take That is and maybe, just maybe 1 or 2 people might know. UK appeal, definitely! World Wide appeal, definitely not..lol

I don't think anyone I know has a clue who they are.

I don't know who they are. I heard of them, but haven't heard any of their music.

I too was amazed by this but from what I understand, outside of the UK and maybe Germany, they arent that big.

Now, if they could sell out the biggest stadiums in most of Europe, Canada, Mexico, the US, South America, Australia, Japan and South Africa...well THAT would be...well, that would U2 :sexywink:

If Take That was touring without Robbie Williams, would they have been able to sell that many tickets? Without Robbie, they would not have a successful world wide tour. even with Robbie Williams, arenas at most in the U.S.

Their previous tour (without Robbie Williams) wasn't quite as extensive, but it was still pretty huge, four gigs at Wembley for instance: Take That Present: The Circus Live - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could've sworn a Brit on Interference told me that concerts were banned at that stadium. Oh well.:shrug:

Yeah, the owners previously weren't keen ... not sure if there was a formal ban, but for a while gigs weren't happening. But money talks, y'know?

Excellent point. I'm still hopeful that a show will be added in Texas (or Ohio).

I'm betting on Hawaii between Oakland and Anaheim. Funny that we haven't heard anything from over there, though. :hmm:
Seriously? That sounds like an awful idea to me. If Honolulu happens again, it has to be at the start or the end, not the middle of a leg. What makes you think it'll happen?

I'm guessing it is too expensive to send one claw to Hawaii and then bring it back all during a US leg. More feasible to do it after Australia, I think, as a pit stop.

I'm guessing it is too expensive to send one claw to Hawaii and then bring it back all during a US leg. More feasible to do it after Australia, I think, as a pit stop.

Except after the Australian leg, the stage is off to South Africa. Not to mention the fact that Perth, the last stop on the leg, is not even vaguely convenient to Hawaii.

Seriously? That sounds like an awful idea to me. If Honolulu happens again, it has to be at the start or the end, not the middle of a leg. What makes you think it'll happen?

Yeah, if it happened in that Oakland/Anaheim gap, it'd be pretty awkward logistically, and probably more difficult to do than even Boston. The Claw would presumably have to come all the way from Edmonton on 1 June, have the gig around 10-12 June, and then get all the way back over to East Lansing on 26 June.

Well, I would doubt that. For sure with Robbie it sells better, but two years ago they also sold over 1 million tickets...however JUST 20 stadiums in the UK/Ireland :)

Actually they broke their own record witg this Tour...

Any rumours?

It seems that with 102 announced stadium dates this Tour is now officially U2s biggest stadium Tour...

Any rumours?

It seems that with 102 announced stadium dates this Tour is now officially U2s biggest stadium Tour...

It seems all we have at this stage is idle speculation. There have been some other cities vaguely rumoured in the past, but none seem to have really picked up lately. At any rate, I think we can safely dismiss those rumours of Halifax and somewhere in Ohio to the "not gonna happen" basket.

It's really just 101 shows so far on 360 - the 102 figure includes the Barcelona dress rehearsal. However, you're right, it is now U2's biggest stadium tour. ZooTV had 99 stadium shows, once you take out the public rehearsals in Hershey and Rotterdam, and Popmart had 92 stadium shows (plus 1 arena show in Perth, and 1 cancelled show in Raleigh).

As for other stadium tours, Vertigo had 53 shows, JT had roughly 40, Lovetown had 4, and Elevation had 4 plus the two Slane gigs.

i bet the U2 lads are green! lmfao :D

it's to be expected though, i mean, Take That with Robbie is HUGE i tell ya, HUGE!

never underestimate the taste of the Great British Public....

i wonder if TT will go for a 3rd croke show???

Except after the Australian leg, the stage is off to South Africa. Not to mention the fact that Perth, the last stop on the leg, is not even vaguely convenient to Hawaii.

One Claw to South Africa, the other one to Hawaii on it's way to South America. :drool:
Spreading the claws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom