2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
St Louis has actually been rumoured for quite some time, so this specific date bursting onto the scene right now is no real surprise.

(KMOV) -- A big concert announcement is planned Monday at Busch Stadium.

Details so far are very vague, but here is how the news release describes it.

"Live Nation and the St. Louis Cardinals will host a press conference to announce the largest concert stage and tour production in history coming live to Busch Stadium next summer."

The announcement will be made at 11 a.m. You'll be able to watch it live on KMOV.com.

Dave Mathews Band with The Black Crowes and The Eagles with the Dixie Chicks previously have played at Busch Stadium.

Ah, thanks. But have U2 announced a new date at Busch Stadium in St Louis MO? Or has a presale password site announced that U2 have announced a new date at Busch Stadium in St Louis MO? Still just a rumour then?

I just checked where St Louis is on Google Maps. Fortunately it's right bang in between Philadelphia and New York! And thankfully it's not another stupid f*ckin diversion away out somewhere off the logical tour route and then back in again, costing idiotic nutjob U2 fans following the tour for a couple of weeks a few hundred dollars more. It slots very easily into the existing tour route!

Toronto - Philadelphia - St Louis - New York - Minneapolis - Pittsburg

Just like cruisin down Route 66 baby!

I just checked where St Louis is on Google Maps. Fortunately it's right bang in between Philadelphia and New York! And thankfully it's not another stupid f*ckin diversion away out somewhere off the logical tour route and then back in again, costing idiotic nutjob U2 fans following the tour for a couple of weeks a few hundred dollars more. It slots very easily into the existing tour route!

Damn, what map were you looking at? St. Louis is no where near Philly and NY. It is another stupid fucking diversion away out somewhere off the logical tour route and then back in again.....etc. etc. etc.

Toronto - Philadelphia - St Louis - New York - Minneapolis - Pittsburg - this is such a zig zag it's making me dizzy.

:wave:

Last edited:
Yeah...St. Louis is hundreds pf miles away from Philly and NY...which are less than three hours from eachother...:sigh:

You know what'd be really crazy? If U2.com actually get their shit together and announce both Baltimore and St Louis on the same day.

Maybe there won't be a show slotted in to the Oakland/Anaheim gap. Maybe Edge wants to spend a bit of time in California, evict another archery club, y'know, the usual.

You know what'd be really crazy? If U2.com actually get their shit together and announce both Baltimore and St Louis on the same day.

Maybe there won't be a show slotted in to the Oakland/Anaheim gap. Maybe Edge wants to spend a bit of time in California, evict another archery club, y'know, the usual.

U2.com getting their shit together? You're funneh. :wink:

Seriously. Bon Jovi just announced their tour plans ALL AT ONCE FOR USA AND EUROPE for 2011.

Why can't LiveNation and U2 do the same?!!:doh:

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if this drip-feed strategy being applied to announcing 360 legs and gigs isn't costing them - e.g. we are holding off buying show tickets until we know the full schedule. We already got our fingers burned buying tickets for the 'last' show in Europe (Coimbra) last year only for Rome to pop up. Then they did the same damn thing this year with Minneapolis/Pittsburgh.

It really is a bit of a crappy way to treat fans if I'm really honest. Even if they don't announce every last stadium (but they ought to at least say which are in the running) they could at least confirm/deny South America and Europe 2011. It seems to be way too much about corporate interests/committee decisions and not much about looking out for fans at the moment. I imagine this has a lot more to do with who U2 signed their long-term deal with than the band themselves. Grrr.

For once I'd ask that they pay attention to what Bon Jovi are doing and learn!

Damn, what map were you looking at? St. Louis is no where near Philly and NY. It is another stupid fucking diversion away out somewhere off the logical tour route and then back in again.....etc. etc. etc.

Toronto - Philadelphia - St Louis - New York - Minneapolis - Pittsburg - this is such a zig zag it's making me dizzy.

It was bitter, drunken sarcasm. And now it's bitter, hungover resignation.

There's still time for them to announce a Hawaii gig between Oakland and Anaheim.

It really is surprising for them to skip their homeland in North America. (Boston/foxboro/hartford),especially if they do tour with a new album.

Now there's a rumor about U2 playing St Louis on July 17. Presale Info?

I seriously have a conference in Memphis that starts the 17th, well the conference technically starts that Monday. I could totally do this.
hahaha, you'll be in memphis! (i lived there for 15 years, it's a city i love to hate.)

seriously though, like you said in another post it's so easy to drive from memphis to st. louis. why couldn't they do this last year when i was there and had a car? ugh. i'll be there (memphis that is) in july and am totally doing nashville, but i don't think my mom will want to go to ANOTHER u2 show with my boyfriend and i.

oh and if you need any tips for memphis, let me know. :D

Seriously. Bon Jovi just announced their tour plans ALL AT ONCE FOR USA AND EUROPE for 2011.

Why can't LiveNation and U2 do the same?!!:doh:

Madonna and Live Nation did business together on her last world tour.

Did Live Nation and Madonna trot out tour dates one-by-one as well? I wasn't paying attention at the time, of course.

Just curious.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if this drip-feed strategy being applied to announcing 360 legs and gigs isn't costing them - e.g. we are holding off buying show tickets until we know the full schedule. We already got our fingers burned buying tickets for the 'last' show in Europe (Coimbra) last year only for Rome to pop up. Then they did the same damn thing this year with Minneapolis/Pittsburgh.

It really is a bit of a crappy way to treat fans if I'm really honest. Even if they don't announce every last stadium (but they ought to at least say which are in the running) they could at least confirm/deny South America and Europe 2011. It seems to be way too much about corporate interests/committee decisions and not much about looking out for fans at the moment. I imagine this has a lot more to do with who U2 signed their long-term deal with than the band themselves. Grrr.

For once I'd ask that they pay attention to what Bon Jovi are doing and learn!

Costing them is right.....the ONLY US date that shows completely sold out on U2.com right now is Nashville.

Costing them is right.....the ONLY US date that shows completely sold out on U2.com right now is Nashville.

Yes it is quite surprising compared with other parts of the world - not only are the shows not sold out you can even still get $30 tickets for a number of gigs.

The upside of this is that it presumably is increasing the pressure on them to get a new album out. Release in early spring, promote and watch the remaining tickets get snapped up. If the tickets had all sold then it would be less of an incentive to put a record out since they'd be building demand for tickets they couldn't meet.

Madonna and Live Nation did business together on her last world tour.

Did Live Nation and Madonna trot out tour dates one-by-one as well? I wasn't paying attention at the time, of course.

Just curious.

I believe they announced them all at once (both in 2008 and 2009).

It was bitter, drunken sarcasm. And now it's bitter, hungover resignation.

There's still time for them to announce a Hawaii gig between Oakland and Anaheim.

TELL me about it. I thought of you right away. They just have to take you on Air360, Cathal!

I couldn't justify going to Pittsburgh as I already have to go from NY to Minneapolis (I connect through Minneapolis to get to the US from here).

I'm just saying "no" to St. Louis too. I'd rather spend a couple of nights more in NYC than run back West for another show, I just can't do it all, and this crazy East/West/East/West/East thing they're doing makes it very easy to say no, doesn't it!

Damn them!
:crack:

:wave:

Doesn't make sense for the few fans trying to go to every date, and it doesn't really matter for the band as they base themselves in a city and anywhere is just a couple of hours on their jet, but it does make sense for the Claw itself, and the Claw rules all... ;)

So, Baltimore? Wasn't some radio station there touting a "big announcement" at 7am today for a concert on 22 June 2011?

If I've got my timezone conversions correct, it should have just gone 7am in Baltimore ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom