Random Movie Talk IX: Insurrection? More Like Insur-SUCK-tion, Amirite???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It came out in June I believe, it had a long run, and was probably rereleased during awards season... research is needed.

Huh! I must just be confusing it with another movie I saw the NYE before or after I moved to Seattle.

Thanks.

Agreed, Gladiator is a first rate crowd pleaser, but Kingdom of Heaven wipes the floor with it. But there's no way in hell the turds out number his good films, I said that Legend was the one I couldn't find anything to admire (having not seen The Duelists, Black Rain, or White Squall). I forget to mention Body of Lies, sure it's no masterpiece but it is a fun modern spy movie, and Mark Strong gives an excellent twisted performance.

I agree he's completely uneven in terms of making absolute classics, but he almost always engages me, and he's directed numerous memorable performances.

Also, are you a fan of G.I. Jane?

Legend has Tim Curry's Lord of Darkness character. How can you not admire that shit?

devilanimation1.gif

Look!

I don't know who wrote this tagline or designed this poster, but they deserve a raise:

297l0n.jpg

Also, are you a fan of G.I. Jane?

Legend has Tim Curry's Lord of Darkness character. How can you not admire that shit?

devilanimation1.gif

Look!

:lol:

Also, I forgot all about GI Jane, never seen it, not a fan of Demi Moore and I've never really heard good things about it.

Rumor: J.J. Abrams to Join Forces with Bong Joon-ho, the Director of The Host and Mother | /Film

"This is a team-up I could have only dreamed of, but even then, I don’t know that I would’ve. Are J.J. Abrams (Star Trek) and Bong Joon-ho (The Host), two of the most intriguing filmmakers working today, going to be working together?"

-Adam Quigley, ladies and gentlemen.

I mean, I even like Bong Joon-ho... but come on. Good lord, that guy can say some ridiculous shit.

When I start reading a /Film article and questioning its phrasing and absurdly blanketed statements, I hope that it's either Quigley's or David Chen's, otherwise I worry about the balance of fanboy power on that site. Russ Fischer's a solid contributor.

Chelcie Ross is under-appreciated.

No one's going to come into our house... and push us around.

I think my favorite part of Rudy was when Rudy gets the sack and Chelcie Ross is still annoyed that he got swayed into putting him in.

He's the best.

He's delightful when trying to murder children in Richie Rich, too.

Look, mister, there's two kinds of dumb. There's a guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and there's a guy who does the same thing in my living room. The first one don't matter. The second one you're kinda forced to deal with.

I cant believe none of you have commented on that piece of gold I posted up there. fuckin guys

There are 500 people on the site right now. You'd like that by probability, at least one of them would really like the idea of Dorothy getting sullied in that manner

American Gangster was pretty fucking unmemorable. That story with that cast should have been a slam dunk. Can you imagine what Spike Lee or Scorsese would have done with it?

My exacts thoughts as I left the theatre the night I've watched it.
Also, from Scott I would say that his great films are Matchistick Men, Blade Runner and maybe Black Hawk Down. Others I like are Gladiator, Hannibal (I love Hopkins as Hannibal, so it'll always be fun for me), Kingdom of Heaven (it's fun) and 1492.
The rest is meh or I haven't watched yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom