ZOOROPA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno...i'm sitting here late night drinking whiskey...all i gotta say is...ZOOROPA IS ONE OF U2'S GREATEST ALBUMS. For God's sake...the title track, Numb, Lemon, Stay, Daddy's Gonna Pay, Some Days, The First Time..Jesus Christ The Wanderer...such an amazing album.

I can't even describe it to people. It's surreal.

The album is one of their best, it is a masterpeice. It one of the U2 album I listen to most.

:up: Let's dream of the world we want to live in.... phenomenal

I'll join in the Zooropa love. :heart:

Listening to it now. :love:

U2's finest work, and the height of their creativity.
:down::grumpy: to da hataz

They've got emotion on their side. oh and that little thing called talent. :rockon:

i dont have this album:reject:

should i immediately go out and buy it?
is it worth it?

YES!! you have too. Only way you'll know what what you're missing.
edited: wait till the remastered version comes out to get some extras, though :up:

yeah. It's worth it.

Dirty Day sucks though.

worst U2 recording ever.

you're doing it wrong.. you can't even remember what you're tryin to forget.
(but that's your opinion) :wink:

Its a great natural progression of the sounds/feelings of the ZooTV era, it isn't a masterpiece as a whole (though admirable a bold way to follow up a bold masterpiece like AB) but it features some great soundscapes and anything with a song of the caliber of Stay on it, is a rare gem indeed.

Achtung Baby won me over as a U2 fan, but Zooropa is where I became obsessed. I LOVE this album! The music is as close to art as U2 has ever made. Their image, sound, and message was fantastic. And don't get me started on the videos from this album - brilliant!

I think what makes this album so great is that U2 didn't give themselves time to overanalyze things -they just did it. They were so entrenched in ZooTV they just went with the flow. And it resulted in some fantastic music.

I often wonder these days what the result would be if U2 just threw an album together mid-tour like this, and quit taking so much time. Maybe we would get some more art like the masterpiece that is Zooropa.

I miss the U2 from the days of Zooropa. I see a flicker of them now and then, but unfortunately for the most part, I think they are gone.

I think what makes this album so great is that U2 didn't give themselves time to overanalyze things -they just did it. They were so entrenched in ZooTV they just went with the flow. And it resulted in some fantastic music.

I often wonder these days what the result would be if U2 just threw an album together mid-tour like this, and quit taking so much time. Maybe we would get some more art like the masterpiece that is Zooropa.

Word.

I dunno...i'm sitting here late night drinking whiskey...

good choice

Yeah Zooropa is tight

Prolly tied with JT and ATYCLB for me

the title track is amazing

Stay is beautiful

Numb is so different

Daddy's Gonna Pay is fun

Dirty Day is great

also I like the cover

im in a VERY insightful mood tonight, guys

Babyface,
DGPFYCC,
SDABTO,
Dirty Day,
First Time

All distinctly average IMO. :shrug:

Yep I agree, all very unique sounding songs in the U2 canon, but really suffer on the sheer enjoyability factor.

Still at least a ***1/2 star album for me though, cause U2 never really disappoint.

Holy Shit! Zooropa is gonna be 15 years old in July. Damn, time has flown by. I love that album! I used to listen to that album on my headphones and play Sega Genesis.

Good times!

Stay is the best.

Babyface,
DGPFYCC,
SDABTO,
Dirty Day,
First Time

All distinctly average IMO. :shrug:

DGPFYCC and SDABTO have beats to die for, Dirty Day has good atmosphere on the album and is dynamite live, and The First Time is nothing short of classic.

DGPFYCC and SDABTO have beats to die for, Dirty Day has good atmosphere on the album and is dynamite live, and The First Time is nothing short of classic.

QFT.

Listen to LM, he knows what he's talking about. Especially Dirty Day and the First Time...two undeniably great songs.

QFT.

Listen to LM, he knows what he's talking about. Especially Dirty Day and the First Time...two undeniably great songs.

A horrid tune and a passable one.

The performance of Dirty Day is so bad, I can't even tip my hat to the "different strokes" ideal. Bono has never sounded worse, and they make the weakest attempt ever at "rawk." Completely uninspired and unconvincing. The song's as thin as a sheet of paper.

Now the live verson, that's how they should have recorded it.

And The First Time? Hey, Bono, don't record vocals with a cold.

I really liked this album at first, mostly because it sounded so unlike U2 I've been familiar with it made me go, oh my is this U2?

Now I think it's very much a hit-and-miss affair. Three great tracks (Numb, Lemon, Stay); two good ones (Zooropa, The First Time); the rest IMO is pretty average and that's half of the album. Though I do love the live version of Dirty Day.

Great record. Lemon, Stay and Dirty Day are classics. Zooropa and The Wanderer are amazing songs. It really gets better with time.

Definitely the rare album where the sum is greater than the parts. I wouldn't put a lot of the songs into my top 20, but as a package it works really well. And while I'm not a huge Numb fan, I love that they put that out as the first single. That's balls.

Also, it seems to me to be one of the last cool records before the loudness arms race of the last decade or so. It's a quiet record - and, yeah, maybe a bit thin in places - but it sure has some space in the recording when you turn it up. Lots of neat subtle details buried in there, too.

The first time I heard Daddy's Gonna Pay I thought it had an amazing sound, I still love it. Excellent album :up:
The end still always freaks me out though :ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom