Zooropa effects (esp. delay)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fuhuchs

Babyface
Which effects are used for zooropa?
And does anybody have the correct delay settings, especially for the intro. I tried to find out about it on the net, but i just can't get the sound right.
I use a POD HD 500, which allows delays used in a parallel or chained order (or both if necessary).

Yea, maybe an autowah would do the job. But still, the delay settings are kind of driving me crazy...

What is the delay tine?

I haven't tried it. One of the guys on U2 Recording posted the following:

I use the following effects on my multi FX unit:

Vox Wah 848 ( I guess any wah will do)
Tube screamer ( drive set to 4.5)
Phaser ( realy low in the mix, you can barely hear it but it gives a nice touch to the sound)
Multihead delay set to 468 MS with 7 or 8 strong repeats.( according to Jeff S. you can use 2 delays in serial to achieve the delay effect)
Some plate reverb.

All that goes into the AC30 (mine is a Fender mustang modeling amp)

The guitar i used is a Les paul goldtop with the bridge pickup selected, modeled on a Line 6 Variax.

AND The Jeff referred to above posted this:

All you have to do is use two delays, a wah, and a phaser or flanger.
Pump 8th notes on the wah. Presto.

Jeff

All of THAT said -- Again, from what I've heard it's wah and SDD3000 (perhaps set to 458ms, as mentioned above)

I think that edge use two delays...

Highly possible. And mentioned in my previous post.

I haven't tried it. One of the guys on U2 Recording posted the following:

I use the following effects on my multi FX unit:

Vox Wah 848 ( I guess any wah will do)
Tube screamer ( drive set to 4.5)
Phaser ( realy low in the mix, you can barely hear it but it gives a nice touch to the sound)
Multihead delay set to 468 MS with 7 or 8 strong repeats.( according to Jeff S. you can use 2 delays in serial to achieve the delay effect)
Some plate reverb.

All that goes into the AC30 (mine is a Fender mustang modeling amp)

The guitar i used is a Les paul goldtop with the bridge pickup selected, modeled on a Line 6 Variax.

AND The Jeff referred to above posted this:

All you have to do is use two delays, a wah, and a phaser or flanger.
Pump 8th notes on the wah. Presto.

Jeff

All of THAT said -- Again, from what I've heard it's wah and SDD3000 (perhaps set to 458ms, as mentioned above)

Here is a first attempt of covering the intro of Zooropa. Recorded with a POD HD500.
I haven't got a video camera, so I tried just made a chart of the effects I used. I'm not sure about the picture quality, so I hope you can read it.

‪Cover of U2's Zooropa (intro) with POD HD500‬‏ - YouTube

I kind of struggled with pumping 8th notes on the Wah, so my timing here isn't always the best... sorry.
So what do you think? It sounds OK to me for now, but it doesn't quite nail it if you now what I mean.
Any suggestions what to improve?

Here is a first attempt of covering the intro of Zooropa. Recorded with a POD HD500.
I haven't got a video camera, so I tried just made a chart of the effects I used. I'm not sure about the picture quality, so I hope you can read it.

‪Cover of U2's Zooropa (intro) with POD HD500‬‏ - YouTube

I kind of struggled with pumping 8th notes on the Wah, so my timing here isn't always the best... sorry.
So what do you think? It sounds OK to me for now, but it doesn't quite nail it if you now what I mean.
Any suggestions what to improve?

Wow that doesn't sound bad at all! Nicely done. I don't know what to suggest or if I even have any suggestions.

I can't figure out how to play that part of the song where everything goes crazy the "don't worry babba" part if u know how please pm me.
On this tour he's playing an arpeggio of this for a lot of that part:

E ---15---
B ---16---
G ---15---
D ---13---
A ----------
E ----------

@ Rockhound252:

I used a splitted signal path after the wah and tube screamer:

First path is the dry signal.

Second path has two delays:
delay 1: 1/8th (315ms@95bpm), 1 repeat, 100%mix (this is important, the dry signal of the second signal path is at 0%), delay 1 goes into...
delay 2: 1/16th (157ms), 6-7 repeats, about 75 % mix

First and second path then go into the VOX AC30 model.

You can get the phasor sound from the A3 and also the trem sound for the outro can be achieved with the A3.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom