Zooropa Discussion (AKA We're Gonna Tweet Out Loud)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zooropa
Your Blue Room
The Unforgettable Fire
Ultra Violet
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Scarlet
Mercy
Electrical Storm
Love Rescue Me
North Star
Every Breaking Wave
Return of the Stingray Guitar
Boy Falls From The Sky
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Glastonbury
One Tree Hill
Mothers of the Disappeared

I'm aware not all of these have been played consistently, and criticise this tour all you want but for me thats a rather impressive list.

It's very impressive list.
Go back to Interference June 2009 and see if anyone would believe you.
I mean, it's like people have instantly forgotten they tried out SIX unreleased songs last year.

Just watched the U2gigs video. Mindblowing.
Lighting-wise, all they really need is a few spotlights on the band; the video itself is very cool, and has a bit of a Zoo TV vibe ("WHAT DO YOU WANT?")

I think the crowd had a nice applause/reaction at the end. If anything, they seem to be in a trance because of the screen. Looked awesome.

Based on the screen and Edges guitar I think Zooropa will stay a while.

doesn't help that this follows MS

I'll catch the video later, I really can't wait to see it. I'm at school now, but I'll be able to see it in an hour or so. And I just saw that it is officially confirmed that they're broadcasting Wednesday's show on radio. They need to keep it, they have today and tomorrow to work on some extra lighting and spotlights.

Damn, I forgot I have dinner plans Wednesday night. Maybe I can sneak a bit of the broadcast in while I'm killing time between work and the reservation.

I think you're all just jealous of us brazilians getting the good stuff all in one show. ;)

I think you're all just jealous of us brazilians getting the good stuff all in one show. ;)

Trollface%20dot%20jpeg.jpg

Indeed

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And the show still wouldn't be as awesome as it was if it wasn't for you. :heart:

Ok, you are all saying that we, brazilian, should be ashamed because of OUR reaction. Ok. The location is not important, because if it was in USA, England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, France, Argentina, Chile etc, etc, etc, the reaction was going to be the SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh: I was like :cute::drool: and yesterday was the best concert ever! :applaud:

opsssssssss

Zooropa isn't exactly a song where the audience is going to bounce around and scream the whole time. What kind of reaction is is supposed to get? It's kind of a chilled-out and atmospheric song, more like TUF and the opposite of Boots or Vertigo.

North America WILL get a Zoo TV-esque section at their shows. I can feel it. I completely forgot until recently that they soundchecked Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World in Turin last year. This takes the show to a whole new level. There's that rumour of a dance album in the works...plus Willie has hinted at another remix for the show. This is AWESOME!!!

...but I bet you we'll get Stuck in a Moment instead of Zooropa for the live stream show on Wednesday :lol:

...and before people say anything, I'll believe this whole dance album thing when I hear it also :D

Ok, you are all saying that we, brazilian, should be ashamed because of OUR reaction. Ok. The location is not import, because if it was in USA, England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, France, Argentina, Chile etc, etc, etc, the reaction was going to be the SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh: I was like :cute::drool: and yesterday was the best concert ever! :applaud:

Exactly. :D :D

North America WILL get a Zoo TV-esque section at their shows. I can feel it. I completely forgot until recently that they soundchecked Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World in Turin last year. This takes the show to a whole new level. There's that rumour of a dance album in the works...plus Willie has hinted at another remix for the show. This is AWESOME!!!

...but I bet you we'll get Stuck in a Moment instead of Zooropa for the live stream show on Wednesday :lol:

...and before people say anything, I'll believe this whole dance album thing when I hear it also :D

Nah just Bad and Discotheque

Zooropa isn't exactly a song where the audience is going to bounce around and scream the whole time. What kind of reaction is is supposed to get? It's kind of a chilled-out and atmospheric song, more like TUF and the opposite of Boots or Vertigo.

Exactly, there is nothing wrong w/ U2 playing atmospheric/chilled music at their show as long as they have visuals to back it up (Zooropa does).

Anyone else want:

-Beautiful Day
-Staring At The Sun (Full Band)
-Zooropa
-City...

The only thing missing from this show from being perfect is Kite or All I Want Is You instead of Walk On, replacing SBS w/ Breathe or Bullet, and putting Discotheque after Crazy Tonight. Light up the entire screen as the biggest Mirrorball ever!!

I've said it in a few threads - Staring At The Sun should be in the setlist.

I think they'll debut a POP song by the time they get to the end of NA.

They've honored every other album on this tour! They can't just leave one of their best in the dust.

I think they'll debut a POP song by the time they get to the end of NA.

They've honored every other album on this tour! They can't just leave one of their best in the dust.

Your right:

-Boy
-October (Gloria might find its way too)
-War
-UF
-JT
-R&H
-AB
-Zoo
-Passengers
-
-ATYCLB.....
-HTDAAB (Crazy only 2 songs found its way)
-NLOTH

POP is the only missing child.

Zooropa is an epic song, and the performance / light show was amazing (minus the randomly missing 2nd verse, basically this still hasn't been played in full), and I get that this is a transition moment in the show, but the band wasn't hiding during TUF so why did they play it like that? I think that's what muted the crowd reaction, sure it's not super well known but neither were UV and HMTMKMKM and those have gotten great reactions because of the performance/playing to the crowd.

Will be curious to see if they make any lighting changes if they play it again.

AUGH! I meant when! I MEANT WHEN!!! :uhoh:

Zooropa could actually be even better than it was.

What about this? The band are hiding behind the screen, in the dark, during the first part of the song - the slower part.

Then, during the "And I have no compass" part, when the speed picks up, the band come out of hiding and there is an awesome new light show, using the whole claw - sort of like they did on Unforgettable Fire.

Could be cool. :drool:

That's a better idea, because it would retain the transition period but then engage the audience with the band.

Oh, and play the whole song next time.

Tommy WM said:

Welllll...not sure if we'll receive a full section, a la Vertigo, but I would bank on The Fly returning to the set, likely at the expense of HMTMKMKM.

terrorstitch's video gets some great shots of the screen!!

And you can hear people in the crowd shouting, "ZOOROPA!!!" at the beginning.

I'm hoping this will stay around for a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom