Zooropa Discussion (AKA We're Gonna Tweet Out Loud)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another mindblowing version of the song. :heart: I just got goosebumps.

Such a beautiful version of the song! I love how they've improved it from the few times it was played on ZooTV. It's such a great song.

Although, couple of things:

1 - I'm upset that Bono forgot to sing the "uncertainty can be a guiding light" line, as that is my favorite part of the WHOLE SONG! Though, I can't say that I'm not surprised.

2 - They need to take better advantage of the Claw and the lighting. It's cool during the main verses, but once they get into the "don't worry baby" part, the lights completely leave and you just see the random blinking and cell phone/camera lights. That could very well be one of the best light shows of the entire night. Just seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

I agree 100% with everything said above. I'm pretty sure they are messing with it as they go...I mean, the visuals from it's debut in Sao Paulo are much better than what they pulled out in Mexico City, but the lighting usage has increased since Sao Paulo. As for the lyric mess-ups and verse shortenings, they need to make the song longer. It's just that song. With that being said, I'm just very excited to see that the band enjoy playing this song, and the fact that it's being played LIVE.

i think willie will do some amazing light effects, he just needs to figure something new, the fact that they pulled out mirrorball before encore is sing of trying someting else..

I'm really happy that they're playing Zooropa, however he's not singing some of his best lyrics ever

And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what
And I don't know the limits
The limits of what we've got

Get that back in the song, please! :up: :rockon:

I'm really happy that they're playing Zooropa, however he's not singing some of his best lyrics ever

And I have no religion

They did that verse in South America(Bono changed the religion line), but have since made the song shorter. A shorter version bodes well for it lasting it eh setlist for awhile.

And I have no religion

Well, he kind of does sing that verse. He just *updates* it a little:

"And where is my religion?
Cause I don't know what's what
I just know the limit, the limit of what I've got."

As long as this song stays where it is in the set, I'm happy :applaud:

As long as this song stays where it is in the set, I'm happy :applaud:

Pretty sure that "new" verse has since been omitted completely in Mexico and Denver.

Gotta say, I lvoe the light show. It is perfect. It's understated, it's almost forboding, and it suits the song perfectly. The song is about uncertainty, and when they hide the band behind the screen and give these sort of 'blip' and 'fade' lighting effects it creates a nice duality. That video sold me on the lights

Really wish he wouldn't change it like that. Just sing the damn song properly, especially the best bit of it!

Really wish he wouldn't change it like that. Just sing the damn song properly, especially the best bit of it!
yeah. don't get me wrong, i love that they're playing it at all and i loved when they played uf, but to change lyrics or completely omit lines altogether (like bono warbling "steeeeee-eeeeeey" instead of practically a whole fucking verse) is just...mean. yes, mean.

yeah. don't get me wrong, i love that they're playing it at all and i loved when they played uf, but to change lyrics or completely omit lines altogether (like bono warbling "steeeeee-eeeeeey" instead of practically a whole fucking verse) is just...mean. yes, mean.

Bono has done lyric variations and omitted verses on most/all of their past tours.

Yeah, pardon my error. I didn't realize they cut that whole religion verse out after Mexico. I missed it at the SLC show last night. But still, Zooropa!!!

Seeing it live is magnificent. :drool:

Gotta say, I lvoe the light show. It is perfect. It's understated, it's almost forboding, and it suits the song perfectly. The song is about uncertainty, and when they hide the band behind the screen and give these sort of 'blip' and 'fade' lighting effects it creates a nice duality. That video sold me on the lights

And the effect of this is even more jaw-dropping when you see it live. The videos don't do it justice. It really is amazing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom