Zoo Syd DVD...replacement for actual rescheduled tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazza

War Child
Is the release of the Zoo Sydney DVD meant to appease Aust fans when they announce that the tour is not going to be rescheduled?

Horrible thought…but it did cross my mind.

yes, that's exactly why they did that.

they announced the re-issue of a concert video to offset the disappointment of the immininent cancellation of the tour.

this makes everything better, and management understands that.

No way...
It would be a pretty piss-poor way to make up the extreme disappointment of missing this tour to fans by releasing a video that most of us already have, as a DVD. No way would that make up for 8 1/2 years of waiting to see U2 live. Nothing would.
Also, the WHOLE WORLD is getting this DVD, so its not like anything would have been made up to us Aussies/kiwis in particular.
Let's not all get negative, I believe the shows will happen. Just wait for the announcement, according to the notes at U2.com it looks like it might only be a week away. My guess is shows from late Nov through early Dec!

Last edited:
bazza said:
Is the release of the Zoo Sydney DVD meant to appease Aust fans when they announce that the tour is not going to be rescheduled?

Horrible thought…but it did cross my mind.

No Bazza...........no:tsk:
Don't be such a worry-wart....ya wally ;)

:hmm: That said, what does this mean for the Milan DVD from Vertigo tour?
They said that will be out by Christmas this year and I don't think they would release 2 DVDs in one year.

U2girl said:
:hmm: That said, what does this mean for the Milan DVD from Vertigo tour?
They said that will be out by Christmas this year and I don't think they would release 2 DVDs in one year.

I don't think so either.

They are more likely to just release the ZOOTV dvd this year. And then the Milan dvd in Oct/Nov next year (like slane).

hey the zoo tv dvd was always gonna be realeased this year! even before they cancelled the aussie shows so don't worry bazza!

shaun vox said:
Milan DVD from Vertigo tour??? who cares about that crap!!

ZOOTV all the way baby!!!
:rockon: :rockon:
i care about it? and so do many others on this forum?

nice to see you haven't changed

p.s. how is axel these days?

Neenie said:

I don't think so either.

They are more likely to just release the ZOOTV dvd this year. And then the Milan dvd in Oct/Nov next year (like slane).

By that time:

1) The tour will be well over and the excitement over it too.
2) A new album will most likely be out and a new tour for them to promote.

So, that is too late. If it's not the end of this year, it's early next year for Vertigo: Live from Milan.

KUEFC09U2 said:
i care about it? and so do many others on this forum?

nice to see you haven't changed

p.s. how is axel these days?

why do you always say something about GnR or Slash?

it seems Shaun's words really get to you....:huh:

Shaun by the way I completely agree:drool:

Neenie said:

I don't think so either.

Keep in mind they also have an IMAX 3D release planned for the future. So there are actually 3 official videos from the Vertigo Tour.

Im happy to see Zoo TV released over Vertigo Milan.

That would be two tours in a row that we've had 2 different shows released to DVD not long after the event. Its a bit of overkill.

Bring out:
Zoo TV DVD - 2006
Popmart DVD - 2007
New Album & Tour DVD - 2008
Red Rocks & Best of 80s DVD - 2009
Vertigo & Imax DVD - 2010

bono_man said:
Im happy to see Zoo TV released over Vertigo Milan.

That would be two tours in a row that we've had 2 different shows released to DVD not long after the event. Its a bit of overkill.

Bring out:
Zoo TV DVD - 2006
Popmart DVD - 2007
New Album & Tour DVD - 2008
Red Rocks & Best of 80s DVD - 2009
Vertigo & Imax DVD - 2010

I can't see U2 releasing a Vertigo DVD after a new album is released. This would cause confusion and interfere with the 2 DVDs(min.) from the next tour. The older DVDs can be released at almost any time because they are simply format changes and do not represent new material competing with new material. E.g. a ZooTv DVD will not compete with a new Vertigo DVD this fall.

Last edited:
i be happy if they released milan in a couple of years as long as POPMART is released before then.

ntalwar said:

I can't see U2 releasing a Vertigo DVD after a new album is released. This would cause confusion and interfere with the 2 DVDs(min.) from the next tour. The older DVDs can be released at almost any time because they are simply format changes and do not represent new material competing with new material. E.g. a ZooTv DVD will not compete with a new Vertigo DVD this fall.

Elevation was the only time the band has released more than one DVD of a tour...I dont see where the confusion would come from.

Also, if Vertigo Milan was not released for a few years, wouldnt it turn it into an 'older material' DVD?

My main problem with releasing two DVDs of the same tour (like with Elevation) is that you can see how similar the band are from show to show. From setlists, clothes, the stage movements, etc. Maybe some space between the releases is needed this time.

Last edited:
bono_man said:

Elevation was the only time the band has released more than one DVD of a tour...I dont see where the confusion would come from.

Also, if Vertigo Milan was not released for a few years, wouldnt it turn it into an 'older material' DVD?

My main problem with releasing two DVDs of the same tour (like with Elevation) is that you can see how similar the band are from show to show. From setlists, clothes, the stage movements, etc. Maybe some space between the releases is needed this time.

I don't think its that bad. The Chicago show was an indoor show with several differences in the setlist compared to the stadium setting of Milan. There are far more comparisons between Milan and Buenos Aires (both stadium shows) then Milan and Chicago.

bono_man said:

But the outdoor Vertigo is completely different from the indoor Vertigo... Even the setlist is really different!

Have you watched the Buenos Aires bootleg DVD? It's like comparing pears with apples...

Neilz said:

But the outdoor Vertigo is completely different from the indoor Vertigo... Even the setlist is really different!

Have you watched the Buenos Aires bootleg DVD? It's like comparing pears with apples...
Buenos aires and sau paolo are 2 of the most amazing U2 dvds i have seen since ZooTv, and this included popmart VHS and both elevation DVDS

these 2 concerts feature some of the best versions of songs i have heard,

I was wondering, do you think they have dropped the Milan DVD because the Buenos Aires (and the Sao Paulo) pro-shot fan DVDs turned out to be so good? Maybe they fear that the Milan DVD cannot live up to them.

Last edited:
Why do you even think they have dropped it? I still strongly believe it will be released November/December this year. And why do you think U2 would fear that the Milan DVD cannot live up to these two broadcasts? As far as I know, Milan gig was one of the best concerts of the 2nd leg (so for sure of the whole tour) and Italians are at least as good and as loud as South American audience. We also know that at least in one aspect the Milan DVD will be better than the Sao Paulo/Buenos Aires DVDs- Bono's voice. Just listen to Milan's Vertigo or Miss Sarajevo. I Still Haven't Found and With or Without You also sound great. On 4th leg, despite the great performance of the whole band, Bono's voice was much weaker, but it's a normal thing in the end of every tour.

Besides, as good as these two TV broadcasts are, there is no possibility that any pro-shot fan DVD will affect the official release.

OK, but I don't think I'm the only one who doubts that we'll see two DVDs released in one year.

You know, Sydney is "just" an old show now "just" being re-released and Milan is totally brand new show from the recent tour, so who knows!

Back
Top Bottom