Why doesn't Bono do this for Comic Relief?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactus Annie

Refugee
The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxar
Looking through the Radio Times I see U2 are going to perform on a special episode of Top Of The Pops on Friday for Comic Relief. He'll do anything for charity, so he should do this:

YouTube - Comic Relief Gunge

I suspect he's too much of a wooze to do it and maybe his management would try and block it, and I bloody hope they prevented some mighty blunders the band have made over the years, but not this. It'll be better if it was a surprise because the last thing you want to see is the victim enjoying it. Plus it's even better if they don't expect it.

I remember Comic Relief last time when he appeared in that sketch that was written by Ricky Gervais. In 2005 he gave a recorded message, I don't think I watched in 2003 but in 2001 him and Larry gave a sketch where they had to make out they were delivering money to Africa. But it's 1999 where I remember looking up at the screen and thinking I recognize that man who's dressed up as a women. Now this is all very good but I was watching something the other day which was recalling all the best moments from Comic Relief and Lenny Henry said that Richard Curtis (the director) gives participants 2 options. Either they dress up as a women or they get covered in custard so in 1999 Bono may have opted for the former rather than the latter.

This is what I mean by him being a wooze. Do you remember that campaign a few years back that Oxfam rum where celebrities were covered in foodstuff? Thom Yorke got in chocolate and Colin Ferrell gets covered in caramel but Bono got covered in sugar. Yeah it's better than bread but it's not a liquid. Apparently it was discussed between Oxfam and the star on what king of food they would be covered in and obviously Bono yet again went for the easy option. On the video for Last Night On Earth they had slime on there but non of the band were slimed. I would say the Nickleodeon are good at gunging big celebrities but it's very watery, the gunge on the British shows are better because they are thicker.

But I think the pools in Get Your Own Back are better than gunge tanks because the victim falls in totally submerged in the stuff. The presenter of the show said that was the worst gunging he ever experienced because he felt the gunge "move" and he said "there's nothing worse than gunge moving".

Are we really having a "complain that Bono isn't getting covered in sticky substances" argument?

Back
Top Bottom