Who's SICK of this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Area of Australia: 7,682,300 km²

Most of Australia is underpopulated but we have a high standard of living. We haven't had any U2 concerts since 1998.

How big is Africa? Number of shows = zero

How populated is Japan? Number of shows = maybe 2

As Antram says this theory is crap.

PS I'm still not bored of this tour. When U2 do play 3 cities in Australia, the concert I will be attending is 4,100 kms away.

PPS Why has there been a strange cat and mouse on the google home page for a few days now?

it's actually not so much the tour i'm sick of it's the way people are moaning about various aspects of said tour that's really busting my balls.

martha said:
One more post for my post count.

I keep planning on starting a thread titled "Post Whores Unite." But maybe this one will do instead.... :D

(don't mind me, I'm feeling cheeky tonight... :) )

DPrinceNY said:
Wow I didn't know this was gonna turn into a US vs world thread. But okay. It makes financial sense for the band to give the US a couple of legs as well as play multiple shows in populated cities. The've lost money before by over-touring in the wrong places and they obviously dont want to repeat their mistakes

You are EXACTLY right and it's the reason U2 will probably do all of their tours in a similar fashion to this one. People outside the USA complain until they see the fancy and very expensive stage show ($50 Million this time around). Guess why they can build something like that in the first place? You guessed it - guaranteed sell-outs in indoor arenas in the USA, something they couldn't count on with the outdoor venues here in the Popmart and Zoo TV Tours.

So the next time you see the amazing light, sound and stage show U2 puts on at the concert YOU are at, remember that the reason they can do it in the first place is because of "all those dates in the USA".

Well we dont want to see no stupid lights fancy designs and stage shows. If people didnt have SUCH HIGH EXPECTATIONS we could all see them in a local bar and enjoy it much more then having to entertain people who can't just go for the music.

i would never thank the usa for anything :madspit: :madspit:

cypress said:

You are EXACTLY right and it's the reason U2 will probably do all of their tours in a similar fashion to this one. People outside the USA complain until they see the fancy and very expensive stage show ($50 Million this time around). Guess why they can build something like that in the first place? You guessed it - guaranteed sell-outs in indoor arenas in the USA, something they couldn't count on with the outdoor venues here in the Popmart and Zoo TV Tours.

So the next time you see the amazing light, sound and stage show U2 puts on at the concert YOU are at, remember that the reason they can do it in the first place is because of "all those dates in the USA".

I actually don't like that kind of crap and much prefer stripped down shows. Just give me good music -- I don't care about what the stage looks like.

indra said:

I actually don't like that kind of crap and much prefer stripped down shows. Just give me good music -- I don't care about what the stage looks like.

Yeah, precisely. I pay to hear music, not to watch some fancy lights. If I want to see fancy lighting displays, I can just find some house decorated for Christmas and set off some fireworks in their front lawn.

cypress said:

Actually, Vertigo tour covered the costs by late August/early September so the Europe shows also helped paying for the "fancy" show.

cypress said:

rottentomato.gif

Axver said:

Yeah, precisely. I pay to hear music, not to watch some fancy lights. If I want to see fancy lighting displays, I can just find some house decorated for Christmas and set off some fireworks in their front lawn.

Yeah, but 3/4 of the people on this board are still pining for Popmart and Zootv (which most of them never saw), so they'd all bitch and whine until we'd have to lock them in a closet if the band actually just played music.

indra said:
I keep planning on starting a thread titled "Post Whores Unite." But maybe this one will do instead.... :D

We had a thread like that looooong ago. It was great! Met some great friends in that thread.

:up:

martha said:

Well, yeah, but he's till something the US gave to the world. He was very bluesy; amazing live.

I never saw him live. I had the chance once to go but I passed in favour of something else I cannot recall. I should check who else is touring now that I finally know the total cost of seeing U2 live.

Shag On A Rock said:

Hes dead though isn't he? Or his brother. One of them died.

Yup. Stevie's helicopter crashed into the side of the ski hill at the Alpine Valley ampitheater in East Troy, Wisconsin, killing Stevie and several other musicians.

:sad:

corianderstem said:

Yup. Stevie's helicopter crashed into the side of the ski hill at the Alpine Valley ampitheater in East Troy, Wisconsin, killing Stevie and several other musicians.

:sad:

He's a legend, I know many many guitarists who have taken Stevie Ray Vaughn as example......................
Great great great artist........

martha said:

:yikes: This frightens me too much to attempt.

:D

:lmao:

Mine is easy. Cost of return airfare to Sydney. Cost of two tickets. A bit of accomodation and a bit of staying with friends. Food. Not working for a week and voila!

It's funny how musical opinion in the media has changed with globalisation. Before all this national tv crap, the various states used to have their own little musical personalities. Western Australia (Perth is the capital) was blues, heavy metal (pilgrimages to the crematorium plaque of Bon Scott were very important, not that I've done it), and for whatever reason, techno. Perth used to see more Depeche Mode per capita than just about anywhere on the planet.

Now, everythings turned into a bland national mush. No state identities. No Stevie Ray, no AC/DC, no Depeche Mode. It's all whatever music the people in Melbourne (or whereever the media programmers are based) want). And then that gets boiled down to the lowest common denominator ie prepubescent girls.

Absolutely crap music. My 5 year old sings along with the top 40 which tells me something :scream:

It's all crap

/rant

I´m sick of this Elevation Tour II :sad: as well the fact they still keep refusing to play songs of Pop and Zooropa :scream:

Shag On A Rock said:

It's funny how musical opinion in the media has changed with globalisation. Before all this national tv crap, the various states used to have their own little musical personalities. Western Australia (Perth is the capital) was blues, heavy metal (pilgrimages to the crematorium plaque of Bon Scott were very important, not that I've done it), and for whatever reason, techno. Perth used to see more Depeche Mode per capita than just about anywhere on the planet.

Now, everythings turned into a bland national mush. No state identities. No Stevie Ray, no AC/DC, no Depeche Mode. It's all whatever music the people in Melbourne (or whereever the media programmers are based) want). And then that gets boiled down to the lowest common denominator ie prepubescent girls.

Absolutely crap music. My 5 year old sings along with the top 40 which tells me something :scream:

It's all crap

/rant

I didn't know Perth was a blues town. Adelaide was a real pub rock place, all that Chisel and Angels and stuff that came out of the Pom satellite suburbs. :madspit:

I hope your 5 year old isn't dancing like the Top 40 :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom