Who's got the Band Aid single today - POST HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Just bought a couple of copies from my local Woolies.
I obviously want it to get to no.1, and to show my support, but goodness me, the song gets worse for me on each listen! I still enjoy Bono's part naturally, but come Xmas day in my house, I shall be playing the original version - but still knowing that I have played my small part in helping.

:wink:

I think im going to wait until Christmas week, and help it get Christmas number 1! Think it's been released a little early but I suppose if it will maximise the sales then it's all good! :)

boystupidboy said:
er,no chance not even for Bono's line...sorry:ohmy:

As Bob says you don't buy it because you like it, you buy it for the cause.

Bob & good causes
:heart:

They closed our woolies last year. I do miss it.

I think I will purchase this sometime soon.
:up:

Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough, but I don't think you can even get it here in the States. Although, from the bit I've heard online, I'm not sure it's quite what I want playing on my stereo on Christmas Eve.

arsenalfan said:
Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough, but I don't think you can even get it here in the States.

I think I read somewhere that it will be available in the States and Canada tomorrow (Nov. 30).

I would rather give money another way then buy it, it is truly awful, they should have made a new song not ruin a classic tune.

Obviously if its number 1 then thats good but i wont be buying it, im getting the live aid dvd instead thats definately worth it!

Just to let anyone know who's thinking about not buying it cos the new song's crap (you're right of course), however, the original is a B-side, and also the version from Live Aid, where they all(inc.Bono) sang it at the end, is a B-side. THAT should be a good reason to buy it now?!:wink:

(I feel like Bob Geldof....but with better hair!)

Just listened to the live version again. I love it! I watched it on the Live Aid dvd the other week for the first time - it's amazing! Hearing Bono/Bob and Freddie singing together!:drool:

And Bono changing the lyrics at the end - "Let them know that Springtime...is coming - SPRINGTIME IS COMING"!!
:drool:

It isnt out here yet and I havent heard the new version. I do plan to get the live aid dvds sometime this week when I get around to it though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom