Where is the advertising campaign?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaxFisher

War Child
I thought there was supposed to be a major advertising blitz for HTDAAB and with 12 days to go until release I have not seen one poster or advertisement in record stores, concert venues, etc.

Am I missing something?

Well, that includes the marketing blitz too - magazine covers, SNL appearance, the iPod, iTunes and Vertigo commercials.

MaxFisher said:
I thought there was supposed to be a major advertising blitz for HTDAAB and with 12 days to go until release I have not seen one poster or advertisement in record stores, concert venues, etc.

Am I missing something?

They are advertising through TV. Television is the drug of the nation.

Cheers,

J

They are advertising for the Ipod through TV. There is no mention of the new album in any of the commercials.

Oh well, whatever...I guess it just bothers me when I walk into places like Best Buy, Sam Goody, etc. and I am bombarded with images for Brittany Spears Greatest Hits and nothing for U2.:mad:

All the news regarding the leak, and the leak itself has probably saved them millions in advertising.

MaxFisher,

I was in Best Buy yesterday in Middle Georgia looking for the Vertigo single (which they didn't have). But, what they did have was a HUGE U2 sign hanging from the ceiling for HTDAAB.

That was cool for me to see as I didn't expect it!!

Was disappointed I couldn't buy the Vertigo single, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom