Whats happening with Interference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
On the setlist partys on Vertigo tour and 360 tour the forum had alot of visitors and there where alot of pages in each thread.
These days there isnt much activity now when the band performs. 5-7 pages on a thread.

And when they have done small apperances outside the tour there is no threads about those.
Like yesterday, when Edge and Bono was on tv performing TSOHOSOS, there is no thread at all. This is a song that most of the fans love to hear live, 10 years ago this forum would have been crazy about this.

Have U2 fans lost alot of the intresst or have interference lost a lot of members?

Think things like Twitter etc has taken over unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My guess is dwindling number of users and a forum that is waaaaaaaaaaaay too fragmented. Efforts were made to clean it up prior to the release of SOI, but it's still far too layered.

People aren't going to go on a hunt for things to talk about.. they'll talk about whatever is at the top of their screen.

My guess is dwindling number of users and a forum that is waaaaaaaaaaaay too fragmented. Efforts were made to clean it up prior to the release of SOI, but it's still far too layered.

People aren't going to go on a hunt for things to talk about.. they'll talk about whatever is at the top of their screen.

That's why mobile is better. Everything shows up and you can preview every post.

I think it's a combination of things:

- Social Media

- People getting older and having families (I'm a prime example as my post count/day has dropped considerably since both having my career and daughter)

- Negativity - Let's face it, and many of us joke about it. For the most part, this hasn't been the most positive of environments when it comes to discussing U2.

- U2 not being as popular as they were back when forums were huge. ATYCLB was a huge album for them.

- Forum Fragmentation. I remember starting a thread about being drunk and looking to get laid in EYKIW forum and it wasn't even deleted. Back in the day, people just posted whatever they wanted and we didn't have as many subforums. That gave Interference more of a "busy" perception.

I think it's a combination of things:

- Social Media

- People getting older and having families (I'm a prime example as my post count/day has dropped considerably since both having my career and daughter)

- Negativity - Let's face it, and many of us joke about it. For the most part, this hasn't been the most positive of environments when it comes to discussing U2.

- U2 not being as popular as they were back when forums were huge. ATYCLB was a huge album for them.

- Forum Fragmentation. I remember starting a thread about being drunk and looking to get laid in EYKIW forum and it wasn't even deleted. Back in the day, people just posted whatever they wanted and we didn't have as many subforums. That gave Interference more of a "busy" perception.

All good reasons. That's funny about the "getting drunk looking to get laid" thread. I once started a thread "why do girls only like assholes?" back in like 2001-2002, when I was going through a tough time with the ladies. Turns out I just had NO GAME AT ALL!!! I eventually turned things around. ;)

I believe the most busy interference ever got was during the Glastonbury concert in 2011, in terms of most active users and posts at one time. If the setlists were more interesting, there'd be more discussion. Plus I'm in Ohio, which means that the European concerts are over by the time I get home from work, so I don't really participate in the setlist parties. I just kind of glance it over, and maybe make a comment or two.

There are a few other bands that I am a member of their fan forums. Other than DMB and maybe Pearl Jam, this is the busiest fan forum I've ever seen. I browsed through the Coldplaying boards the other day, it's pretty terrible. I occasionally check the Muse forums, and it's mostly just setlist bitching, much worse than any U2 site. Plus Muse only plan like 16-18 songs, and fill a lot of time with "jams" that aren't really songs. Interference may not be what it once was for a bunch of reasons already listed, but it's still a very good fan resource.

Last edited:
So many times that I kindly had to tell him to leave. Took 3 hours to get him out the door.

Afterwards I kept getting texts from him saying "u ok?"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just realised I should post more rather than just read when I'm on here.

My favourite thing about Interference is that it's more personal - I (almost) feel like I know some of you, if only a little bit.

That makes me come back even though the activity isn't what it used to be. :)

All of the aforementioned reasons are probably true, but I think another giant issue is that we're in a relatively non-exciting stage of the album/tour cycle. Interference was still commanding pretty strong read/post numbers back around the release of SoI and the beginning of the tour (source: occasional glances at the "currently active viewers" panel). But why would someone feel compelled to attend a setlist party when the setlist is totally predictable? Doesn't make it a bad setlist, of course, but not something worth taking time out of your day to party over.

Simple tour moved to Europe and us Americans who were all pumped came down from our high of seeing them at MSG, etc... new tour dates and new album this place will be pumping like the blood to my cock watching this U2 show on HBO...

Simple tour moved to Europe and us Americans who were all pumped came down from our high of seeing them at MSG, etc... new tour dates and new album this place will be pumping like the blood to my cock watching this U2 show on HBO...

Someone needs a cold shower. :reject:

I've been going to Twitter more than coming to Interference to see what's going on with the tour. It's easier to find out what's happening in real time and to go straight to Periscope if I want to see it live. Having an iPad has changed how I follow U2's activities. Sorry, Interference. :shrug:

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I've been going to Twitter more than coming to Interference to see what's going on with the tour. It's easier to find out what's happening in real time and to go straight to Periscope if I want to see it live. Having an iPad has changed how I follow U2's activities. Sorry, Interference. :shrug:

But we have community here. :(

But we have community here. :(

It is still fun to come here for the humor and tomfoolery, especially during the off season when people get bored and start losing their minds. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom