What is U2's hardest rocking album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BOY 5 Votes

WAR 11 Votes

Achtung Baby 6 Votes

POP 1 Vote

We then have two people who are undecided between Achtung Baby and War, and Achtung Baby and Boy.

BOY 5 Votes

WAR 11 Votes

Achtung Baby 9 Votes

POP 1 Vote

We then have two people who are undecided between Achtung Baby and War, and Achtung Baby and Boy.

Rattle and Hum's studio songs. (AB close behind) God part II, Desire, Hawkmoon, When love comes to town.
Lots of loud Edge and roaring Bono.

Last edited:
I saw this thread and thought, can there really be any doubt that AB rocks the most. I love War but SBS & Seconds sound more like marching songs than rock & roll.

Without a question: Vertigo, at least Edge's personal copy that I have been listening to since I returned from my vacation in France.:macdevil: :edge:

War

I think it's the only album they tried to make the drums sound like they are playing rock :hmm:

tarquinsuperb said:
I'm going to add a vote for Pop.
If you mentally undress it, I think you can argue that it's their rockiest.

If you mean by "mentally undressing it", peeling the production layers off until you get just a 3-piece rock band, you may just be on to something to challenge AB.

BOY 5 Votes

WAR 16 Votes

Achtung Baby 11 Votes

POP 2 Votes

Rattle And Hum 1 Vote

Last edited:
Passengers......no, no, that can't be right. I agree with Sting2 about Boy's energy. Gotta come down to Boy, War, AB or maybe even Blood Red Sky. Because I've been listening to Boy more recently, I'll cast my vote for it.

Surprised that no one said October, I think October is the most rocking, just ahead of AB and Boy....

....take songs such as IS That All, Gloria( in part ), ITABTAW and With a Shout

Back
Top Bottom