What is the font on the Vertigo single cover called?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, unfortunately it isn't. I'm a graphic design student and a while back I wanted that font...you have to pay $30 from adobe.com

or free if you go to hxxp://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/lewisj/tpirfonts/

Wait, it's not an original font? It's just something they go off of adobe? They didn't just have an artist paint those letters up exclusively for the album?

shart1780 said:
Wait, it's not an original font? It's just something they go off of adobe? They didn't just have an artist paint those letters up exclusively for the album?

Same thing with ATYCLB. The font used for that was Eurostile, just expanded.

shart1780 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that's really uncreative and lame?

It's not uncreative.
It seems easy, but "apply the font" takes you a lot of work.

It's probably conceptual. The font Four5one used inside the ATYCLB booklet is called 'Frutiger' and it was developed to the sign system of Charles de Gaulle Airport.

Does anyone else think that it is a totally pathetic detail to complain about?

And yeah, U2 are really going to invent new fonts for every release. It's so worth the time and energy when there are already perfectly valid fonts out there that they can use.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
does anyone else find it hilarious that the fonts they are using are from "the price is right"?

LOL The Price is Right didn't create the Clarendon font. It's in a family of fonts called Egyptian, and that font has been around since the early 1800's.

Back
Top Bottom