What do your friends think about the guys of U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vienna

Babyface
Some of my friends think I'm crazy for liking these "older guys." But others have joined my side. A couple of my friends think that Adam is hot. One thinks Edge is "ruggedly handsome." The majority think Larry is handsome, and would be even handsomer if he smiled once in awhile. They also said that they liked Bono's sexy personality.

I have been waiting for someone to ask this question bc everyone thinks I'm crazy *lunch table clears*

1. OK two of my friends who saw them in June LOVE them and think Bono is a hot tamale and Larry too. But one of them says Edge is a weird quiet man.

2. my BEST friend says "why do you like old ugly men?" (sigh) I burned her a U2 CD to brainwash her, but it didn't work. She says Larry is the best-looking of the bunch, but that he's gay. She also says some of the lyrics are raunchy and scare her! lol
Me: Edge is bald
Her: BWWWWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAA
Little does she know Edge is my 3rd husband.

3. Another friend laughs hysterically when I mention Bono because I told her once that he's hairy and for some reason she find Paul to be a funny name.

4. My mom, on seeing the elevation video: "Is that the Backstreet Boys or NSync?" eh.

The basic consensus: BONO'S MARRIED. EDGE IS BALD. LARRY'S GAY. ADAM'S A CARDBOARD CUTOUT. GET OVER IT

*sigh*
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

My friends think that they are old and ugly. Larry is the only halfway decent looking one.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

1. They call Bono uhm.. Bono (first o as in open, 2nd one too, lol)

2. They dont know the names of the others.. prob know that the band isnt only Bono, but thats all..

Most of my friends like very much U2. You know, I'm building a web site about them with my friend and my boyfriend (he likes U2 since he was very young!). However, there are some others that say they're old...too old to be cute or hot...
Some others don't like their music, they prefer boy bands...puah...
However, no one can change my idea: I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE U2!!!!

Originally posted by Shirley:
heh I get that all the time. *protest*

Also I tell ppl random things from PLeba and it goes over their heads *secret society*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

it IS a secret society! shh, don't tell!

my friends are pretty unopinionated. (as is my family... basically no one gives a shit about my U2 obsession.) although one day, i was standing at my locker w/2 of my friends and i had just hung up some U2 photos. this girl (whose name is also emily, how strange) commented that she liked the one picture. (the scary one w/edge and bono being dirty!) she said she was going to marry bono, which then lead me into a big rant about how bono was going to marry ME! no one has brought up U2 since.
wink.gif
also, i made my best friend gina (from my PLEBA story, if you recall) a U2 burned cd. it didn't convert her.
frown.gif

i think i'm the only U2 lover at my high school!

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

Originally posted by madonna's child:
it IS a secret society! shh, don't tell!

my friends are pretty unopinionated. (as is my family... basically no one gives a shit about my U2 obsession.) although one day, i was standing at my locker w/2 of my friends and i had just hung up some U2 photos. this girl (whose name is also emily, how strange) commented that she liked the one picture. (the scary one w/edge and bono being dirty!) she said she was going to marry bono, which then lead me into a big rant about how bono was going to marry ME! no one has brought up U2 since.
wink.gif
also, i made my best friend gina (from my PLEBA story, if you recall) a U2 burned cd. it didn't convert her.
frown.gif

i think i'm the only U2 lover at my high school!

*is horrified remembering that pic* I mean whatever they wanna do in their time is fine, but with the cameras...eh...
smile.gif

I can imagine a random girl stuffing her Bonolovin rival into a locker. *pelts lemons at her*

"In IALW, I'm that girl that girl!!!!"

eh....not that this has ever happened to me...*ahem*

One of my teachers thinks Bono and Larry are hot
smile.gif
She feels sorry for Adam though bc she says he looks sad.
frown.gif
heheh No one notices Edge!!!!!
smile.gif

U2loving high school pleba ppl neeed to have a convention.
smile.gif

THOU SHALT NOT THWART MY POSTMODERN POETIC EFFORTS AT CONVERSION! Eh

------------------
~*Mona*~

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

There really isn't hope for some people who have no taste. I have pointed out how good looking Bono is, and some agree but still say he is old. They say the others are just regular looking old guys like the ones walking out of a factory at 4:00. Yes, much to my dismay I have also been plagued by the gay comment concerning Larry. Somebody said he stands that way. This IS a secret society, so don't bother to tell anybody, and we will have all the fun. Not everyone can appreciate quality
wink.gif

The boy bands??!!
eek.gif
mad.gif

pukeface.gif

(if this doesn't show up it was supposed to be a puke face inspired by the thought of N'SUCK!)

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

[This message has been edited by SamanthaPuff (edited 09-17-2001).]

All my friends but the ones on here hate U2 and think they are old and ugly *runs off to cry* we know the truth.Today I managed to find a song that my friend who really hates U2 and when listening to Elevation says "I would like to shoot him with a gun" actually likes.*dies of shock* She asked me to tape her it.It was Acrobat and I just wondered what other U2 songs I should put on to convert her given that she likes Acrobat.Any ideas?
Laura.

No one at my college like U2 like me anyway.
I just can't understand how anyone can not like U2.UK PLEBA girls should meet up
smile.gif

Laura.

lol, mona. we do need a convention! it will be like a college fair, but intresting!
biggrin.gif

UV2001, i'd go with moderate U2 songs. WOWY, streets, stay, mysterious ways, one, pride. i'd use the radio friendly stuff as an introduction. i'd stay away from pop, zooropa, and the first 3 albums.

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

*SIGH.*

As one of the 'elder members' of Pleba, I've found that verbalizing my lus...er, LOVE for U2 only creates more problems when I let my 'screamining teenager' side take over now and then. Like MC said, no one really gives a crap about my U2 obssession!
frown.gif
I explained to my friends that I can't even start talking about U2 to them because once I open the floodgates, a squinch of hysteria creeps in, I have a heard time stopping, and they would shrink back from me in fear if I let my guard down about how I REALLY feel about the guys...
wink.gif
*wink wink* Think: Elvis in the 50s. Think: Beatles in the 70s. That's how it is...like trying to catch a deluge in a paper cup...

So I can't really say, because my friends don't even know/understand - let alone like - U2 (one friend's pithy statement: "Ugh, I *hate* U2!" I nearly broke off our friendship over that one) Most people who discover I like U2, can't even pronounce Bono's freakin' name right, or name one other member of the group, let alone figure out which one plays what instrument, know what their wives'/kids' names are, or any other piece of U2 minutae. *CRIKEY.*

Which is why I'm so happy I found Pleba...where I can be myself, let myself 'virtually' roll around on stage with Bono, scream if I have to, fantasize lustily, and do all the panting, drooling, fainting, squealing and 'elevating' over the boys that I want.

GOD BLESS PLEBA.
God bless U2.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Disco

Originally posted by madonna's child:
lol, mona. we do need a convention! it will be like a college fair, but intresting!
biggrin.gif

1. I hate college fairs! Except for the free pens!

2. UV2001?! We're your FRIENDS?! *sniff* *tears well up* *sob* *needs Bono's exceptionally long sleeve* *Blows her nose on Bono's sleeve*

That's strange....Edge! offered me a bedazzled Kleenex...
icon19.gif

I don't have a prefix for Edge. I have...

1. Exceptionally LongSleeved Bonito Hot Tamale BonoBaby

2. Hot Hot Hot Smooth Criminal Larry Mullen Jr.

3. Really Truly not a Person Cardboard Cutout Adam

hm.

------------------
~*Mona*~

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

God bless you, too, Disco *snicker YOU TOO -- U2!!! I never get tired of that*

Disco the elder hath spoken truth!!!!!

Bono is an acquired taste.

------------------
~*Mona*~

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

Those closest to me have been saying, "She will get over her love of Adam & U2, eventually...". Of course they have been saying that for over 15yrs!
biggrin.gif
I don't think they GET IT,...it AIN"T gonna happen!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

My younger sis is also a big fan, but not like her big sis! Her roommate is coming with us to the Austin show, it will be her first U2 show, and I have a feeling it won't be her last. There is something about a U2 show that leaves an idelible mark all who attend! Basically, if you weren't hooked then you will be! **U2 ROCKS**

------------------
You interrupted my BOOMCHA! - Maria

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by Shirley:

I have a confession. I've been saying it like that for years. I think my brother gave me to understand that that was how it was pronounced. And then when I found out it was supposed to be pronounced the other way I thought it sounded dumb. So I still pronounce it like that or sort of say something between Bone-oh and Bon-oh, which can sound a little silly. I know he hates the wrong pronounciation, though. It's just what I'm used to and the other one still sounds kinda weird to me.

About them being old, who cares at all! There are plenty of sexy old guys. Ever since I was about fifteen I've tended to prefer celebrities who were at least in their mid thirties. They look...mature.
biggrin.gif
THough I love young U2 too, more in some ways, but I was waaayy too young back then. As far as "old," look at Sting who is almost 50! Old is good! Uh oh...last time I mentioned Sting I got into trouble.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
I'm in the waiting room
I can't see for the smoke
I think of you and your holy book
When the rest of us choke

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 09-17-2001).]

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
As far as "old," look at Sting who is almost 50! Old is good! Uh oh...last time I mentioned Sting I got into trouble.
rolleyes.gif

Sting is a very, very handsome man!

------------------
You wanker, you interrupted my BOOMCHA!!!! - Maria

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

*wipes at tears running down face from lauging at Mona--yet AGAIN*
biggrin.gif

That line about Adam! Cardboard cutout! *snick* *snerk* OMG!!! *falls out of chair in another fit of laughter - neighbor below pounds on ceiling with broom handle*

WHAT!??? You don't have a prefix for squeezin' pleasin' disco Edge??? (um, how about that one there?)

how about:

• Sparkly spangly psychedelic thug...
  • Crinkly winkly (his eyes - NOT wRinkly!) green-eyed god...
  • He looks like Spock, but Bono's not Kirk...
  • Keeper of the Secret of the Universe
  • S.O. of the Evil Morleigh (that's for Mrs. Edge, personally I think she's pretty cute and DAMN LUCKY)
  • Eenie meenie, chilly BEANIE...
  • Any smarter, and his head would explode...
  • The dancin machine with smelly 'funky feet'... (check out the Mexico city video...he's does a funkly little move across the stage!)

So much Edge...so little time to post 'em all...

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I don't have a prefix for Edge. I have...

1. Exceptionally LongSleeved Bonito Hot Tamale BonoBaby

2. Hot Hot Hot Smooth Criminal Larry Mullen Jr.

3. Really Truly not a Person Cardboard Cutout Adam

Who's pretty cute, ME or HER??? (be very careful how you answer this Disco....) Anyway, I didn't deny that she was cute, that's part of what's annoying about her!
biggrin.gif

What does S.O. mean? I'm such a nerd when it comes to short forms.

Anyway, my friends all roll their eyes, and think I'm way too old for this sort of behaviour and that I should be having kids and settling down and worrying about "important" things. This is why I have very few of my old friends left...all my Pleba friends are my best friends in the world!! (((hugs)))

When I was in high school it was the JT period, so at least I didn't have to hear people complaining about U2 being old. But they still didn't appreciate them. I had NO U2 friends in high school. Mind you, I didn't have many friends in high school period! People thought the Edge was weird and freaky and totally unattractive, this just made me love him more.

Originally posted by Discoteque:
[*]S.O. of the Evil Morleigh (that's for Mrs. Edge, personally I think she's pretty cute and DAMN LUCKY)

Oh, no, not the old age thing again!
mad.gif
IT is sad how people are just blind and prejudiced because of age. Yes, I'm an 'elder' member here too, and I am so proud of all you 'younguns' for liking U2 members and not giving them up because your friends call them 'old.' They are good looking, and if someone turns their back just because of their age it's them that's missing out. Like I have said before, I can't understand this age discrimination against U2. Nobody ever used to care. When I was a teenager I liked older married guys with kids like Paul McCartney and Roger Daltrey and I never once thought, oh they are OLD guys and not to like them! I had their pics up on my wall. I don't remember anyone bugging me about liking them either. This age thing is new and it's a shame.

When I went to the Lexington show and I was waiting in the GA line, I heard some young girls talking about the band, and I told them I thought Bono was hot and beautiful and I asked them which member of the band they liked, if they thought they were good looking. The girls kind of grinned and said, "well, they're okay if you're into that sort of thing. You know, OLD guys!" I know they must not have known I was as old as the band or they wouldn't have said that, but it bothered me that they dismissed them as sex symbols because of their age. There are lots of old movie stars out there younger women like, why not rock stars? Since I am as old as the band and have loved them all along, it's hard to say what I would have thought of them if I were a teenager now, looking at them as older men. I think I would still like them, I liked 'old' guys when I was young! Even though I am old, I feel so lucky to have had U2 all along, and to have grown 'up' and 'old' with them, and I look forward to the future with them. You young girls keep in enjoying U2 and don't worry about those people!

hahaha
some of my girlfriends like U2.
1 like edge because he seems the nicest person & calm, 1 like bono cos his voice, 1 like larry cos y' know why...and 1 like adam cos she thinks he's cool & he's the man

WHAT!??? You don't have a prefix for squeezin' pleasin' disco Edge??? (um, how about that one there?)

how about:

• S.O. of the Evil Morleigh (that's for Mrs. Edge, personally I think she's pretty cute and DAMN LUCKY)
  • The dancin machine with smelly 'funky feet'... (check out the Mexico city video...he's does a funkly little move across the stage!)

Haha!
biggrin.gif

Errrm - I think all my friends try and humour me when it comes to U2. But 'Disgusting' is about the only printable name I can think of that they've given to Sparky!

I paid for a mate of mine to see U2 at Slane even though she hates them - was v. funny as she ended up sleeping by the side of the road with me on the Friday night before the show - with no sleeping bag, no tent - and all so I could be at the front! Hehe!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[...ten years later...]

Why Mrs. Edge, you're BOTH adorable, of course!!! (how's that for diplomatic?) But the thing is, I don't want to stand too close to either of you cos you're both "tiny dancers" emphasis on the TINY, and I'm a...well, I'm a Big Girl! (but we're the BEST, or didn't Bono tell you???)
biggrin.gif

But since I'm taking belly dancing lessons...um, soon, soon...maybe you can teach me a few gyrating steps to add to my repetoire??? (it's the orbit of my hips, you know)

I completely understand about your "so called" friends! But take that, and add 10 years hence, and you have ME, but without being married Mr. Edge. They've all but stopped asking because now it's just downright embarrassing!
smile.gif
hehehe...

I agree with you, PLEBA PALS ARE THE BESTEST!!!!
biggrin.gif
{{{{HUGS!}}}}

Okay, I'm pulling a Mrs. Edge, so I REALLY have to get back to work!!!

Laytah, gals!

Disco
P.S. S.O. means "significant other"

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Who's pretty cute, ME or HER??? (be very careful how you answer this Disco....) Anyway, I didn't deny that she was cute, that's part of what's annoying about her!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, my friends all roll their eyes, and think I'm way too old for this sort of behaviour and that I should be having kids and settling down and worrying about "important" things. This is why I have very few of my old friends left...all my Pleba friends are my best friends in the world!! (((hugs)))

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
Originally posted by scatteroflight:
As far as "old," look at Sting who is almost 50! Old is good! Uh oh...last time I mentioned Sting I got into trouble.
rolleyes.gif

Sting is a very, very handsome man!

ooooooooooomg Sting is a hot tamale policeman

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

*wipes at tears running down face from lauging at Mona--yet AGAIN*
biggrin.gif

That line about Adam! Cardboard cutout! *snick* *snerk* OMG!!! *falls out of chair in another fit of laughter - neighbor below pounds on ceiling with broom handle*

how about:

So much Edge...so little time to post 'em all...

OK my friends Erin, Julie, (who both think Larry is GAY) and I settled on these prefixes:

1. Exceptionally LongSleeved hot tamale Bonito leather is bette BonoBaby

2. hot hot hot Smooth Criminal tear-away-panted snarly LarryMan

3. Edgily bedazzled red hot pockets

4. Really truly not a person just a cardboard cutout Sparky

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

My sister (who is 16) thinks Larry is one hot piece of @$$. Actually, most of my friends think so.

I took one of my friends to the Tacoma show who likes U2, but didn't even know their names except Bono.... when Bono was announcing each band member, and Larry walks out from behind the drums she yells out *break me off a piece a that!*

Larry totally heard her, but acted cool as usual.
wink.gif

Everybody will be converted to U2 someday! Larry's the bait
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom