Weener, Lower Saxony, Germany Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh. I better got and absorb some knowledge through my skin or something. Back in a while when I've hopefully learnt by osmosis.

:depressed:

Good luck!! Wow, I do think we got a positive out of this! Something good coming out of something bad, etc.

... is it a sign of the Apocalypse, perhaps? I'm happy to milk league if it'll give me money! :laugh:

Oh lame. :down:

I was intending to go shopping about 15 minutes ago. But my nose won't stop running. I love how even when I'm all ready to go out, my body just says no.

:hug: Hope you're able to get out soon. It's a dull day today. Perfect for stocking up and then battening down for the exra day off! I may duck out later and get some junk food. Or maybe I wont and will cook my rotten family some polenta or something as payback for watching THE STUPID FUCKING GAME!
:mad:

:lol:

Ahhh... OK, I'll be back in later to say hello.
:wave:

:hug: Hope you're able to get out soon. It's a dull day today. Perfect for stocking up and then battening down for the exra day off! I may duck out later and get some junk food. Or maybe I wont and will cook my rotten family some polenta or something as payback for watching THE STUPID FUCKING GAME!
:mad:

Ahhh... OK, I'll be back in later to say hello.
:wave:

Cook them tofu! A whole dinner with nothing but TOFU. It would be great. :laugh:

Here, it's fairly sunny. And cool. Nice day to go out. But I just don't feel like it. Ugh.

See you later! :wave:

Quite possibly because you were drunk. :lol:

Much of a hangover today?

I went and checked my posts, I remember all of them. We're good :p

Nope, not at all. I let myself sleep as long as I could, that helped. I had a lot of shit to do today

I went and checked my posts, I remember all of them. We're good :p

Nope, not at all. I let myself sleep as long as I could, that helped. I had a lot of shit to do today

:laugh:

Ah, good. Given how alcoholic that vodka was, I was wondering if your head was going to be about to split open today!

So, Ashley's here and I see Ian lurking. An early Manly, NSW Superthread in honour of the NRL grand final: Y/N?

Anna's feelings are clear. :lol:

:laugh:

Ah, good. Given how alcoholic that vodka was, I was wondering if your head was going to be about to split open today!

No sir. I felt great when I woke up actually :lol: and it was a great great day. Didn't have to work during the hot part of the day :dance:

Newtown and Wentworthville went to extra time at 8-8. There were about 13 field goal attempts - of which two looked like going close - in extra time before Wentworthville scored a try in the 104th minute.

It was about 30 seconds away from being the longest game of league played that I know of.

Good lord!

What are the current league rules on resolving ties anyway? I mean, if they'd finished extra time without scoring, what would've they done?

Good lord!

What are the current league rules on resolving ties anyway? I mean, if they'd finished extra time without scoring, what would've they done?

If you're like many rugby league fans who believe Super League never existed, it was the longest game of rugby league ever played, according to another site.

At the moment league uses golden point - first scorer in extra time wins. It's used through the entire season, not just finals. I'd personally prefer a straight 10 minutes of extra time, followed by golden point in finals games. In the regular season if it's tied after two five minute halves of golden point it's a draw.

As it is with golden point, you play five minutes before stopping for a break, then you play on, and on, and on.....

If you're like many rugby league fans who believe Super League never existed, it was the longest game of rugby league ever played, according to another site.

At the moment league uses golden point - first scorer in extra time wins. It's used through the entire season, not just finals. I'd personally prefer a straight 10 minutes of extra time, followed by golden point in finals games. In the regular season if it's tied after two five minute halves of golden point it's a draw.

As it is with golden point, you play five minutes before stopping for a break, then you play on, and on, and on.....

Huh, I assumed that they'd end golden point after a certain period and have a shoot-out of some description.

And I'm surprised they actually use it in the regular season as well as the finals, given you don't see anything like that in the AFL or Super 14 or whatever, they just take the draw. (I also keep waiting for an AFL grand final to end in a draw so that they have to replay the whole game, as has happened in the past.)

I heart hypocrisy.

So do I. I'm very good at it too.

And I've discovered I can't take advantage of this free bet anyway, since they need me to make some bullshit deposit and I can't use my credit card today for longwinded reasons.

I hope the cubs don't make me break into my liquor supply. I'd like to not get drunk two nights in a row.

Huh, I assumed that they'd end golden point after a certain period and have a shoot-out of some description.

And I'm surprised they actually use it in the regular season as well as the finals, given you don't see anything like that in the AFL or Super 14 or whatever, they just take the draw. (I also keep waiting for an AFL grand final to end in a draw so that they have to replay the whole game, as has happened in the past.)

Golden point is pretty much a field goal shoot-out anyway. I'd prefer a flat 10 minutes of extra time and take the result from there than the lottery of golden point.

I think it's a bit rough though, to lose in a lottery to an arsey field goal - although an arsey field goal in the 83rd minute is much the same as an arsey field goal in the 79th minute.

And yeah, I'd love to see an AFL Grand Final end in a draw. You would think that by now they'd have the sense to have an extra time period, although there's bound to be enough people sucking the AFL's schlong that it's worth their while financially to have a second grand final, as antiquated as replays are.

I'd love to see someone book the MCG and Telstra Dome for the weekend after the AFL Grand Final, see what they do.

And I've discovered I can't take advantage of this free bet anyway, since they need me to make some bullshit deposit and I can't use my credit card today for longwinded reasons.

That's a shame.

I'm supremely confident Manly will win - frankly I'd be very surprised if Melbourne stay within 10 points of them.

But I've not been good with predicting Grand Finals before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom