Watch TRL Tomorrow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I didn't see any other posts about this, but if I am just repeating old news, sorry!

Tomorrow on TRL, they are going to show Artists for Life (the group Bono is in) version of Marvin Gaye's. "What's Going On".

I'm going to be at work, so I'll have to try to tape it!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Whoa! Alright, I gotta heard it. Do you know if they're just giving an audio...or perhaps a video (which they probably will...it's TRL). Anyway, I'm gonna have to set my recorder, too.

Justin Timberlake and Bono singing together at last! I am so excited I think I am purposely work over time just to miss this. Forget to mention Britney Spears is in it too along with other people I don't care to mention.

Let the justification of bad music continue!

~rougerum

It's for a good cause, rouge.

------------------

Originally posted by Mr.Man:
Whoa! Alright, I gotta heard it. Do you know if they're just giving an audio...or perhaps a video (which they probably will...it's TRL). Anyway, I'm gonna have to set my recorder, too.

I'm assuming it's a video since Carson said something about how he hopes that they can finish editing it in time for TRL tomorrow. I would figure that he meant the video, not the song. Plus, it's TRL, and I don't think they ever really just play audio.

And yes, although it is kind of scary for Bono to be singing with Britney, Justin, etc, it is for a good cause. The proceeds are going to an AIDS fund and a fund for September 11th.

[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 09-20-2001).]

Huh...I never knew Bono was singing with them. I just thought he organized the whole thing. Who's all in it, besides Bono, Spears, and Timberlake? It would be kinda cool if Michael Stipe was doing it with 'em, as well.

Thanks for the reminder Mrs, Tim - er Bonochick!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

The reported lineup includes:

Bono, Moby, Wyclef Jean, NSync, Britney Spears, Fred Durst, Destiny's Child, Nelly Furtado, P Diddy, Aaron Lewis (the singer from Staind), Backstreet Boys, L'il Kim, Mary J Blige, Eve, Michael Stipe, Darren Hayes (Savage Garden singer), Jennifer Lopez, Jagged Edge, Adam Clayton, Nelly, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keyes, Marc Anthony, Maxwell, Nona Gaye

Enough people for ya?

Considering some of those on that list, it's TOO many people!

------------------
"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage."

I know what you mean Annie! I dunno how they'll be able to fit them all in at all. Though Moby is going to be involved in production or remixing rather than performing. It's still one hell of a lot of people!

Originally posted by SkeeK:
The reported lineup includes:

Bono, Moby, Wyclef Jean, NSync, Britney Spears, Fred Durst, Destiny's Child, Nelly Furtado, P Diddy, Aaron Lewis (the singer from Staind), Backstreet Boys, L'il Kim, Mary J Blige, Eve, Michael Stipe, Darren Hayes (Savage Garden singer), Jennifer Lopez, Jagged Edge, Adam Clayton, Nelly, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keyes, Marc Anthony, Maxwell, Nona Gaye

Enough people for ya?

That's less than the usual hip-hop/rap album.

They just showed behind the studio stuff first...they said the TRL premiere of the actual video will be at the end of the show.

They said this song should hit radios at 5:00 P.M. (I'm sure that's Eastern).

------------------

Dammit, does NOBODY even care?????? *lol*

Nobody ever likes my threads...wankers...
biggrin.gif

GODDAMMIT, SWEETONU2, I'M NOT MRS. TIMBERLAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *lol*

I like Chris and Joey, not Justin!!!!! When are you going to learn??????????
biggrin.gif

------------------

Did they show it? Did I miss it? Man, so much of the music on there sucks bigtime. I don't deserve to sit through this to see a glimpse of one of the premier musicians of our time.

------------------
Change is the only constant

i like your threads. this is of interest to me, but i dont have mtv.

------------------
-death bear

You didn't mix it, Foxxern! It will be on after the commercial!!!

------------------

And it was terrible....

Can we just all kill Fred Durst now for ruining music as a whole?

------------------

I loved it, Foxxern!

I liked Fred Durst and everybody...they all brought their own flavor and style to the song. I think it is a great symbol of unity.

------------------

Guess I was the only one who didn't care for it. Oh well, maybe it'll grow on me.

------------------

*bumpin' this up*

Watch TRL today!!! It starts in less than half an hour.

I got out of work early...
smile.gif
Hey!!! I had to leave early for other reasons too!!!! Really...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom