Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's snowing! :D It's just a flurry but I love big snowflakes!

major threat in progress!
go badgers, go badgers............:dance:

:sigh:

Last edited:
It smelled funky in here despite the major cleaning from yesterday so I am baking chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies. And watching some skating on TV, Skating to the Music of Seal or something. The problem when they skate to live performers is that the cameras focus too much on the singer (who is standing relatively still) and not enough on the skater (who is performing some beautiful and/or difficult move). Caryn Kadavy was just on and I didn't even know she was still skating, but all they really showed was Seal.

^cookies :drool:

That makes perfect sense ~ focus on the non-moving singer :huh:

Hey, good luck at the new job tomorrow!

How do you get rid of things? I suck at it. I need to get rid of excess "stuff". The basement is looking perilously like a Clean Sweep house before the Clean Sweep. :help:

I have had Dirty Jobs on the tv all afternoon.................Mike Rowe is amusing :lol:
Some (most, all) of these jobs make me quite grateful to be in retail.

shari schultz said:
badger.gif

:cute:

I'm just happy your quarterback survived that game. A few of the hits he got were scary :yikes:.

Happy New Year :wave:

^I just watched the replays of all the hits he took :yikes:
That helmet to helmet hit ~ I think I felt that. Watched his head bounce on the turf *eek*
They did a small interview with him and he was coherent ~ my head would still be swimming..........I'll give him credit for coming back hit after hit :up:

ETA
I love my little rock on badger :heart:

shari schultz said:
^I just watched the replays of all the hits he took :yikes:
That helmet to helmet hit ~ I think I felt that. Watched his head bounce on the turf *eek*
They did a small interview with him and he was coherent ~ my head would still be swimming..........I'll give him credit for coming back hit after hit :up:

ETA
I love my little rock on badger :heart:

My sister and I were at lunch and they had that game on in the restaurant. When that helmet hit happened, the whole restaurant went, "Oooooo."

BlueRoom, congrats on Michigan's win. It was nice for their coach, plus they beat Florida, which is always a plus fre me :wink:

Schmeg said:
It smelled funky in here despite the major cleaning from yesterday so I am baking chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies. And watching some skating on TV, Skating to the Music of Seal or something. The problem when they skate to live performers is that the cameras focus too much on the singer (who is standing relatively still) and not enough on the skater (who is performing some beautiful and/or difficult move). Caryn Kadavy was just on and I didn't even know she was still skating, but all they really showed was Seal.

did you see the one with Barry Manilow? My mom had the volume blasting on the TV in the kitchen while I was in there. She was singing and dancing away and then laughing hysterically at the same time over how bad he looked! :der:

I didn't know Seal had enough songs to cover an hour of skating performances....

there is nothing on TV now. I watched some of "Jon and Kate plus 8" last night :yikes: I can't believe how they can handle all of those little kids. I was in a good TCL marathon of some sort tonight so I went back to see what's on for the evening. It's all about obese people tonight. :tsk: Not really watch I had in mind. I don't get to watch a lot of TV so I really like the marathon's TCL and MTV usually have on but tonight both have completely boring shows that I'm not interested in. :mad:

I enjoy watching "Jon and Kate plus 8" :reject:
I caught the Disney episode, the kids were so cute in there Mickey ears :cute:

Ok, back to the dismantling of Christmas..............

kellyahern said:

BlueRoom, congrats on Michigan's win. It was nice for their coach, plus they beat Florida, which is always a plus fre me :wink:

Thanks, call me shocked that they won. :) I was expecting them to get beat badly. Good ending to a bad year for Michigan.

Hello, I've been reading the posts in here for a while and thought I'd tell you all how much I enjoy them. Even though I'm not a fan, I really love the little cow too!

:wave: lynnok..................you had me at "love the little cow" :heart:
Pop in now and again :)

My Christmas is down, Valentines going up...............
BTW 15 degrees is friggin' cold! Brrrrrrrrr!

arw9797 said:

did you see the one with Barry Manilow? My mom had the volume blasting on the TV in the kitchen while I was in there. She was singing and dancing away and then laughing hysterically at the same time over how bad he looked! :der:

I didn't know Seal had enough songs to cover an hour of skating performances....

TWO hours! :faint: Brian Boitano actually sat on a stool during Don't Cry, which in late 1995 was his beautiful tribute to Sergei Grinkov. I was not happy.

I didn't see Barry Manilow! :grumpy:

lynnok said:
Hello, I've been reading the posts in here for a while and thought I'd tell you all how much I enjoy them. Even though I'm not a fan, I really love the little cow too!

:wave: I'm a fan of your retail-related journal entries, having finally gotten out of retail after 10 long years!

This was our First Day of New Job present:

25450_web.jpg

Dinner tomorrow night:
Messy grilled cheese sandwiches (recipe from a Williams Sonoma catalogue because I think I'm a foodie now) and tomato soup. :drool:

We also got this a few days before Christmas:

41zQ1X8CTOL._AA280_.jpg

I will spend my 2008 weekends buried in pancake puffs and paninis. :D

^ sounds good :drool:

:wave: Hi lynnok

shari, we're under a "hard freeze warning tonight" with "sub-freezing" temperatures, i.e. it's going to be in the twenties tonight. As it's Florida, people are freaking out. Anything below 40F and Floridians freak out. "OMG, it's so cold! Human beings weren't meant to survive at these temperatures!" :rolleyes:

That being said, it's really friggin' cold here tonight guys :reject:.

It's serious now, my mother has broken out her cold weather robe :shifty:

schmeg ~ dinner is at what time? Geez I have bakery girl to the northwest of me and now panini and pancake girl to the southeast of me.............I am surrounded by foodies :wink: So how was the first day?
kelly ~ I thought of you tonight when NBC Nightly News did a story on the weird weather going on across the country. FL was mentioned and showed the fruit farmers preparing for tonight. It is now a delightful 8 degrees here:happy: This firgid spell is the reason my signature has gone Hawaiian..............:heart:
*sending warmer weather thoughts to you*

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
schmeg ~ dinner is at what time? Geez I have bakery girl to the northwest of me and now panini and pancake girl to the southeast of me.............I am surrounded by foodies :wink: So how was the first day?

Dinner is around 6, after I get out of work and swing by Sunflower Market to buy said tomato soup. :D

First day was very first-dayish...lots of reading, watching over someone's shoulder, stuff like that. I have a lunch date with my friend who works in IT and pushed my resume through tomorrow.

There will be a lot of time spent on the phone, apparently, but no one will blame me for their overdrawn checking accounts, get grouchy about their kids' pants not fitting perfectly, or remind me that all their frozen food should go in the same bag. :combust:

Blue Room said:

Thanks, call me shocked that they won. :) I was expecting them to get beat badly. Good ending to a bad year for Michigan.
Glad your team won yesterday, BR.
A win in a bowl game and a new coach ~ things are looking up :up:

lynnok said:

:wave: hello

The dancing cow is my enemy :grumpy: It's not cute at all :tsk:

Schmeg said:

I didn't see Barry Manilow! :grumpy:

oh it was bad. I was baking so I didn't actually watch anyone skate but really, as you said about last night, they show more of the singer than anything else. He looks so awful! :barf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom