Waiting For The Spring Thaw in Randooomdadoooom. Can I get a Amen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bedtime. Shoveling at dawn or rather shortly before :sigh:
I always look forward to May 10. Bono's birthday AND more importantly, the last date of measurable snow here

Classic white here then.
Happy travels, Kaylee :wink:. Hope you find some sun and warmth.

Blah, I hate that name. I'd rather be a fictional character who deduced a priest any day.

Checked my flight...looks good. Checked the weather...should only be extremely cold with light snow when I head to the airport before most people get up for work and drive into people on I 70. Severely overpacked, and I'm not sure how dressy I have to be all weekend. Found a way to sneak a good amount of my miraculous hair goo into a jar labeled 0.5 ounces. I think I'm ready for The Big Easy!

:wave:

Blah, I hate that name. I'd rather be a fictional character who deduced a priest any day.

Checked my flight...looks good. Checked the weather...should only be extremely cold with light snow when I head to the airport before most people get up for work and drive into people on I 70. Severely overpacked, and I'm not sure how dressy I have to be all weekend. Found a way to sneak a good amount of my miraculous hair goo into a jar labeled 0.5 ounces. I think I'm ready for The Big Easy!

:wave:

And the weather has GOT to be better there, too. Have a wonderful time!

:yawn: I have enough Advil coursing thru my body to last till noon. After that, I start all over again..............My fingers ache. Seriously, thank GOD for the neighbors. W/out them I would still have been shoveling at 8 after being out there at 5:15 am.
To reiterate:
1. Snow :down: I get to shovel the patio/driveway area tomorrow
2. Drifts :crack:
3. They mentioned my *relative by marriage* on the radio this morning when talking about being safe out there when doing winter sports. Morning B :wave:
4. Drifts :crack:

^you must have gotten our snow from yesterday. :happy: Such a pleasant morning commute due to it. :sigh:

Just think...it's ALREADY Jan 8th. That's how I gotta look at it. One week down. I like my new little student I'm working with but I can't wait until he's done because that means it will be mid Feb! :hyper: Whatever works to pass the time away during this rotten winter.....

I will be joining you on the advil trip the rest of the day. Someone spilled something in the walk in at work and I slipped in it. I didn't fall but I did a lovely little dance. For a moment I thought I was outside :| I think I jacked up my ankle a bit. It hurt all day but I couldn't really tell because my shoes are so horrid. Once I put on my lovely boots and then for sure once I got home I could tell it wasn't just because of the shoes. I hope I don't have any issues tomorrow when I wake up. I really just wish people wouldn't be so lazy and just clean up after themselves when they spill crap. :angry:

^you must have gotten our snow from yesterday. :happy: Such a pleasant morning commute due to it. :sigh:

Just think...it's ALREADY Jan 8th. That's how I gotta look at it. One week down. I like my new little student I'm working with but I can't wait until he's done because that means it will be mid Feb! :hyper: Whatever works to pass the time away during this rotten winter.....

I will be joining you on the advil trip the rest of the day. Someone spilled something in the walk in at work and I slipped in it. I didn't fall but I did a lovely little dance. For a moment I thought I was outside :| I think I jacked up my ankle a bit. It hurt all day but I couldn't really tell because my shoes are so horrid. Once I put on my lovely boots and then for sure once I got home I could tell it wasn't just because of the shoes. I hope I don't have any issues tomorrow when I wake up. I really just wish people wouldn't be so lazy and just clean up after themselves when they spill crap. :angry:
Thanks for sharing the snow :happy:
Good way to pass the winter :up:

:yikes:
How's the ankle?

Oh sure rub that in. I have a bottle of beer begging me to drink it, but now I work tomorrow for a few hours so................Tomorrow at this time it will be another story. Gotta check out WM. They should be getting O'Reilly's Irish Creme in :drool:

some of my elementary school friends have decided we should do a reunion. It was going to be a girls night out. Sounds awesome since we were all so close for so many years. Not just school but soccer, Indian princesses, Brownies, camping....so I was really excited about it. My one friend that I've stayed close with over the years from school (the one from Irish fest), we'll call her C, said instead of going out we should all go to her house for the next Vikings game since they just put in a huge TV. Everyone was excited that I was going to bring a mini dessert buffet for them. But then it turned into "can I bring my husband since it's a football game...." THEN it turned into "we should make it a FAMILY day and bring the kids too...." Then it changed from a football party on a Sunday to a bowling party on a Saturday with the families. :| Yay. It appears I'm the only unattached in the group, as usual :happy: So I emailed C and asked if her sister would like to join us. She's a few years older but she was still involved with a lot of activities with us and is FB friends with just about everyone so it wouldn't be awkward. She's single with no kids. :sigh: Of course if C is there with her husband and kids then it won't be that bad. Her daughter is in high school (she had her when we were seniors) :crack: so she's more of a friend than just "my friend's daughter" type of a situation. I hate stuff like this more and more. I would have preferred for the original plan of a girls night out at a bar.....

Oh sure rub that in. I have a bottle of beer begging me to drink it, but now I work tomorrow for a few hours so................Tomorrow at this time it will be another story. Gotta check out WM. They should be getting O'Reilly's Irish Creme in :drool:

that's like Bailey's right?

There's a liquor store by my work that I bought the Smithwick's in and they have tons of world beers and liquors, unlike the crappy store by my house. I might go back there tomorrow and see what else they have. I noticed a guy in front of me last week had a bunch of Irish beers that I had never heard of before.

some of my elementary school friends have decided we should do a reunion. It was going to be a girls night out. Sounds awesome since we were all so close for so many years. Not just school but soccer, Indian princesses, Brownies, camping....so I was really excited about it. My one friend that I've stayed close with over the years from school (the one from Irish fest), we'll call her C, said instead of going out we should all go to her house for the next Vikings game since they just put in a huge TV. Everyone was excited that I was going to bring a mini dessert buffet for them. But then it turned into "can I bring my husband since it's a football game...." THEN it turned into "we should make it a FAMILY day and bring the kids too...." Then it changed from a football party on a Sunday to a bowling party on a Saturday with the families. :| Yay. It appears I'm the only unattached in the group, as usual :happy: So I emailed C and asked if her sister would like to join us. She's a few years older but she was still involved with a lot of activities with us and is FB friends with just about everyone so it wouldn't be awkward. She's single with no kids. :sigh: Of course if C is there with her husband and kids then it won't be that bad. Her daughter is in high school (she had her when we were seniors) :crack: so she's more of a friend than just "my friend's daughter" type of a situation. I hate stuff like this more and more. I would have preferred for the original plan of a girls night out at a bar.....
It would have been nice if it could have stayed the original plan and then maybe worked up to other gatherings.
You said the "R" word :crack:

that's like Bailey's right?

There's a liquor store by my work that I bought the Smithwick's in and they have tons of world beers and liquors, unlike the crappy store by my house. I might go back there tomorrow and see what else they have. I noticed a guy in front of me last week had a bunch of Irish beers that I had never heard of before.

Yes, yes it is :yes: WM by me never has Smithwick's individually, only in 6 packs. Wouldn't mind trying it, Maybe closer to St. Patty's Day.

I was so looking forward to not having to crawl out of bed until I wanted to tomorrow. That isn't gonna happen till Tuesday now.

Next weekend is inventory. I work Saturday 6pm-? (meaning it could be 1 am) and then have to be back at store at 6 am on Sunday. Sleep is for the weak.

Wondering why agreed to crawl out of nice warm bed and house and work*pondering*.
It is 7 outside

Wondering why I agreed to crawl out of a nice warm bed and leave the house and go to work*pondering*.
It is 7 outside

Some corrections made.

Still wondering why......... Security greeted me w/ sarcasm when I walked in plus I got a nice note from them also. Would have preferred a good morning that then led into sarcasm. A pen leaked all over my hands and Born To Run t-shirt. I thought I was just tired from the icky week, but I now feel like something (a cold) is trying to settle in. My ears don't plug up usually but they are trying to. Started feeling on and off like crap while laying inventory tags.
I blame a closed up house. I can't wait for spring and the windows to be open again.
Is it too late for zicam?
I think I'll down some anyway. Can't get sick, inventory.

How the hell do you get ink off your hands :scream: I have washed and washed and washed them. :help:

zicam taken :up:

Thanks for the baking soda tip. It has worked the best. I still have ink on my hands, tho :|

Manatees :cool:

Between the Zicam and the ale the *wanna be* cold doesn't stand a chance :D
:heart: chuck :heart: tomorrow night (After what is hopefully a Packer win)

Baking soda is my magic trick for everything. I had to make green cookie dough last year so we could make like 1000 cactus cookies for a party. I had to use an entire bottle of green food color and the size bottle is probably 20 oz if not bigger. I had to get my hands, arms, into the 80 quart mixing bowl in order to get the dough out. Needless to say I was covered in green. I think I used an entire box of baking soda to clean my hands. I was still a little green but it worked on my hands and the woodtop table. I've never tried to use it with a non edible product like ink though.

Another baking soda tip: the best kitchen cleanser you can make at home is water, baking soda, and lemon juice. We used to make that mix at the resort and clean out the cooler floors. Worked great and the lemon juice made the place smell wonderful.

ok the kitty now officially has all of her nails trimmed but ONE and that one nail keeps sticking to the carpet. :| We have to do one paw at a time, so it could take about a week to get this done, because she's a little pill when we trim them. My mom was a little too slow and by the time we got to that last nail. Lily knows what I'm up to when I approach her to pick her up so she runs away. We're done with the clippers for tonight. :sigh: Tomorrow....

Between the Zicam and the ale the *wanna be* cold doesn't stand a chance :D
:heart: chuck :heart: tomorrow night (After what is hopefully a Packer win)

my "cold" never amounted to anything earlier this week. My "broken ankle" from yesterday still hurts a bit but between lots of ale and advil I can take the pain. :yes: What sort of yummy spirit are drinking this evening?

I'm going to a late movie tomorrow so I'll probably miss the Packer game. It's probably better that I don't watch that game. :yikes:

:up:

and it's about time you're freezing with the rest of us! :flirt:
X's 2
We are so supportive aren't we? :angel:

Tonight it is all about New Glarus Belgian Red Ale. Cherry :drool: WM was setting up their Valentine display and they had this and the New Glarus Tart Raspberrry Ale. That one is supposed to be excellent w/ chocolate.

This is very cherry and very fizzy and tart.

Back
Top Bottom